Award-Winning Landscape Design & Construction
Landscape design near me in Valley Park, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may have just got done searching, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has been turning Valley Park, MO homeowners' dreams into reality for over two and a half decades. Our experienced team of designers and horticulturists are creative and consistently come up with ideas and solutions others don't. We dare you to "think big," and then use our expertise to turn your tastes into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Valley Park, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs online.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in Valley Park, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy working on their own landscaping projects, there are numerous reasons to hire a professional for your project. Below are just a few reasons to trust in a professional in Valley Park, MO:
- Design expertise — Landscape designers have the training and experience to create inviting, practical outdoor spaces that marry your unique needs with your preferences by bringing new and creative concepts to the table.
- Property evaluation — Professional designers can evaluate your outdoor space and determine the best use of space, bearing in mind factors such as shade, what the soil is like or the best soil to use, and irrigation. Valley Park, MO property owners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to come up with a practical budget for your project and identify ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and wasted time. They have the experience to plan and design a landscape that meets your needs and budget.
- Project management — Permits, working with HOAs, and construction can be a nuisance. A professional designer can handle all that on your behalf. They can oversee the entire project, from design to implementation, and give you peace of mind that everything is done the right way.
- Enhance curb appeal — An optimally designed landscape can make your home worth a lot more. A professional landscape designer design and install a landscape that will make people want to live in your home. They can help you pick out plants, materials, and structures that will enhance your home's curb appeal.
While many Valley Park, MO property owners rightly think of themselves as "green thumbs," whenever you're making major improvements to your property, the help of a professional is a must.
How to Pich the Best Local Valley Park, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of working with a professional Valley Park, MO landscape designer, the next step is to find the right designer for your landscaping. Below are some things to consider:
- Ask around — Ask people who've had landscape work done in the area for recommendations of landscape designers they've worked with in the past.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can provide valuable insights into the experiences other homeowners have had with local designers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These events are a great opportunity to talk to local designers, see their portfolio, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has received awards for their work and has a hard-earned, positive reputation in their community.
- Look at their previous projects — If a landscaper designer has designed beautiful and functional outdoor spaces before, they should be proud to display it online. Look at their previous projects in Valley Park, MO and see if they fit your standards and taste.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer service. We've earned 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Valley Park, MO
Landscape design requires a thoughtful marriage of aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several key elements, including:
- Unity — Unity is the concept of design that unifies all the other principles. This includes the use of the same colors and textures throughout the space.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. A landscape designer can attain this through the utilization of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by factoring in the visual weight of each element in your outdoor space.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of plants and structures in the design. This can be achieved by taking into account the size of the space and the size of each of the elements.
- Rhythm — Rhythm is the principle of creating a sense of movement in the landscape. This can be achieved through the use of repetitive patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a visually interesting space.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the principles of landscape design, it is important to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using native plants and materials, minimizing water use, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By prioritizing ecology, you can create a environmentally friendly landscape that enhances the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also need to prioritize how you can use the space practically. This includes considering how the space will be used, and designing it accordingly. For instance, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help usher guests through your Valley Park, MO outdoor property. If you'd rather have a quiet place to stargaze or enjoy a glass of wine, you could think about which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, a well-designed landscape will be installed with maintenance in mind. This includes choosing plants and materials that are easy to maintain. By prioritizing maintenance considerations, you can create a beautiful and functional outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Key Elements in Valley Park, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over key concepts in landscape design, let's take a closer look at some of the key elements that are often used in landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are one of the most important elements of any landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be used to create numerous different effects. When picking the plants you'd like to use, it is important to take into account sunlight, soil type, and how water will irrigate the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to make structures that add visual interest and functionality to the space, including:
- Water features — Water elements, such as in-ground pools, waterfalls, ponds, and streams, can contribute to a sense of relaxation in your yard. They can also attract local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key features in the landscape, and is also useful for mood. This is specifically important for outdoor spaces that are used when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Furniture and accessories can be used to augment the style to your yard. They can also be used to create functional spaces for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Valley Park, MO include:
- Custom Hot Tubs
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
Landscape Design Near Me in Valley Park, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you want a private place to stargaze or a large space to entertain, working with a professional Valley Park, MO landscape designer can help you achieve your goals. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Valley Park, MO community for our over 25 years designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work as a team on every yard in order to provide each client with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while using style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.