Enhancing Your Outdoor Living Space
Landscape design near me in Fenton, MO. If you want to turn your yard into an attractive and functional landscape, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has been turning Fenton, MO homeowners' dreams into reality for more than two and a half decades. Our experienced team of designers and horticulturists are creative and innovative. We ask our clients to "think big," and then do what we do best to turn your preferences into the yard of your dreams. For landscape design "near me" in Fenton, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project through our website.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in Fenton, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy working on their own landscaping projects, there are many benefits to working with a professional Fenton, MO landscape designer. The following are a few reasons why:
- Design expertise — Landscape designers have the education and abilities to design beautiful, practical yards that pair your needs and tastes based on unique designs that you may not have thought of before.
- Site evaluation — Professional designers can assess your property and determine the best use of space, taking into account factors like shade, what the soil is like or the best soil to use, and drainage. Fenton, MO property owners may not be familiar with types of irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can help you create a pragmatic budget for your project and identify ways to make the most of your investment. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to fix. They have the knowledge to marry your preferences and needs with your budget.
- Project management — Permits, dealing with a homeowners' association, and construction can be a nuisance. A professional designer can manage all that on your behalf. They can oversee the entire project, from design to construction, and ensure that everything is carried out the right way.
- Enhance property value — An optimally designed landscape can make your home worth a lot more. A professional landscape designer design and install a landscape that is attractive, functional, and sustainable. They can help you pick out plants, materials, and features that will enhance your home's curb appeal.
While many Fenton, MO property owners enjoy working on their yard, any time you're making major updates to your property, the experience, knowledge, and abilities of a professional is invaluable.
How to Find a Local Fenton, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of working with a professional Fenton, MO landscape designer, you need to know how to pick the best one near you. Here are some things to consider:
- Ask around — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for referrals to anyone who worked on their landscaping.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can provide valuable insights into the experiences other homeowners have had with local designers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These events are a great time to talk to local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask about how they work.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their landscaping and has a stellar reputation in their community.
- Look at their previous work — If a landscaper designer does good work, they'll likely be eager to display it on their website. Look at their previous projects in Fenton, MO and see if they're a good fit for what you're looking for.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer care. We've earned 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Fenton, MO
Landscape design requires a careful balance of aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be broken down into several important elements, including:
- Unity — Unity is the principle of creating a cohesive design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This can include the use of the same colors and textures throughout the space.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. A landscape designer can do this through the implementation of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by factoring in the visual weight of each element in the space.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of elements in the landscape. This can be achieved by considering the size of each element in relation to other elements in the space, as well as the overall size of the space itself.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to interval-repeating elements. A professional designer can do this through the implementation of repetitive patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create an engaging space.
Designing for Ecology
In addition to the above concepts, you need to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, limiting water use, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can have a environmentally friendly landscape that improves the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
Another key thing to take into account when designing a landscape is how you can use the space practically. This includes considering how the space will be used, and designing it to meet those needs. For example, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help usher guests around your Fenton, MO outdoor property. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could look at which trees and structures block others from viewing your yard.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, a well-designed landscape will be installed with maintenance in mind. This includes plantings and construction that are easy to maintain. By prioritizing maintenance considerations, you can create a beautiful and functional outdoor space that is easy to care for over the long term.
Key Elements in Fenton, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over key concepts in landscape design, let's take a closer look at some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are one of the most important elements of any landscape design. They provide color, texture, and shape, and can be arranged in a way to create numerous different effects. When picking the plants you'd like to use, it is important to take into account shade and sun exposure, soil type, and how water will reach the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to non-organic or human-made objects and structures, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping is utilized to create structures that add visual interest and functionality to the space, including:
- Water features — Water elements, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of relaxation in the landscape. They can also draw local wildlife to add more life to your property.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key elements in the landscape, and can also be used to create a sense of mood. Lighting is essential for outdoor spaces that are used when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to add personality to the landscape. They can also be used to create functional spaces for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Fenton, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Landscape Design Near Me in Fenton, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Fenton, MO landscape designer can help you achieve your goals. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned a great reputation in our local Fenton, MO community for our more than 25 years in business. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work as a team on every project in order to provide each homeowner with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.