Enhancing Your Outdoor Living Space
Landscape design near me in Allenton, MO. If you're looking to turn your outdoor space into a charming and functional landscape, you may have just got done looking up, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped Allenton, MO homeowners get the outdoor living spaces of their dreams for over 25 years. Our exceptional team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and consistently come up with ideas and solutions others don't. We challenge you to imagine the possibilities for your yard, and then do what we do best to turn your preferences into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Allenton, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us through our website.
Advantages of Hiring a Professional Allenton, MO Landscape Designer
While many homeowners enjoy working on their own landscaping projects, there are many reasons to hire a professional for your project. Below are a few reasons why:
- Design proficiency — Landscape designers have the skills and experience to conjure up attractive, functional landscapes that bridge your needs and tastes based on unique designs that you may not have considered before.
- Site evaluation — Professional landscapers can assess your outdoor space and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, bearing in mind factors like shade, soil type, and drainage. Allenton, MO property owners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their outdoor space may require.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to set a practical budget for your landscaping and find ways to make the most of your investment. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to repair. They have the experience to plan and design a landscape that meets your needs and budget.
- Project management — From acquiring permits to overseeing construction and working with an HOA, a professional designer can handle all aspects of your project, ensuring an easy and hassle-free experience. They can manage the entire process, from design to installation, and give you peace of mind that everything is done correctly and on time.
- Enhance curb appeal — An optimally designed landscape can make your home worth a lot more. A professional landscape designer can help you create a landscape that other people will wish were theirs. They can help you select plants, materials, and features that will improve your home's curb appeal.
While many Allenton, MO property owners enjoy working on their yard, any time you're redesigning your entire landscape, the help of a professional is a must.
How to Find a Local Allenton, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that we've gone over the benefits of contracting a professional Allenton, MO landscape designer, you need to know how to pick the best one near you. Below are some tips to help you get started:
- Ask around — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for referrals to anyone who worked on their yard.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp show ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These events are a great opportunity to meet with local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask about how they work.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their landscaping and has a stellar reputation in the area.
- Look at their previous projects — If a landscaper designer does good work, they should be proud to display it on their website. Look at the work they've done on other Allenton, MO homes and see if they're a good fit for what you want.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've been awarded 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
You can read our client testimonials here, or check out our gallery and project spotlight.
Principles of Landscape Design in Allenton, MO
Landscape design requires the optimization of a variety of factors, including aesthetics, ecology, and practicality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several crucial elements, including:
- Unity — Unity is the idea of making a holistic design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This includes the use of the same colors and textures throughout your outdoor space.
- Balance — Balance is the idea of creating a sense of equilibrium in the landscape. A landscape designer can attain this through the use of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by considering the visual weight of the plants and structures in the space.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of plants and structures in the design. This can be achieved by considering how big or small both individual elements and the entire space are.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to the relationship of the elements to each other and how they interact together. A professional designer can do this through the use of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast is the principle of creating a sense of visual interest in the landscape. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create an engaging space.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the above principles, it's a good idea to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using native plants and materials, having appropriate drainage, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By prioritizing ecology, you can have a sustainable landscape that enhances the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
Another vital consideration when designing a landscape is functionality. This includes factoring in your intentions for your yard, and designing it accordingly. For example, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you might consider how your landscape can help usher guests through your Allenton, MO yard. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could think about which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, a well-designed landscape will be installed with maintenance in mind. This includes plantings and construction that are easy to maintain. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create an inviting and functional outdoor space that is easy to care for over the long term.
Key Elements in Allenton, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over key concepts in landscape design, let's go through some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, texture, and shape, and can be used to create numerous lovely effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to take into account sunlight, the type of soil, and how water will reach the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to non-organic or human-made objects and structures, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping is utilized to create structures that add visual interest and functionality to your yard, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can contribute to a sense of tranquility in your yard. They can also draw local wildlife to add more life to your property.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting is important for highlighting key elements in the landscape, and is also useful for mood. Lighting is specifically important for outdoor spaces that are used when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to augment the style to the landscape. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Allenton, MO include:
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Landscape Design Near Me in Allenton, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Allenton, MO landscape designer can help you achieve your goals. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Allenton, MO neighborhoods for our over two and a half decades designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our group of designers and horticulture professionals work in concert with each other on every landscape in order to provide each client with the perfect plan to fit their needs, preferences, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.