Turning Your Dreams Into Reality
Landscape design near me in Webster Groves, MO. If you want to turn your outdoor space into an alluring and functional landscape, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped Webster Groves, MO homeowners get the outdoor living spaces of their dreams for over two and a half decades. Our expert team of designers and horticulturists are creative and consistently come up with ideas and solutions others don't. We dare you to imagine the possibilities for your yard, and then use our skills to turn your preferences into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Webster Groves, MO, reach out to Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs through our website.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in Webster Groves, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy working on their own landscaping projects, there are numerous reasons to hire a professional for your landscaping needs. Here are just a few reasons to consider hiring a professional in Webster Groves, MO:
- Design proficiency — Landscape designers have the education and abilities to create beautiful, pragmatic landscapes that bridge your needs and tastes based on unique designs that you may not have thought of previously.
- Site evaluation — Professional designers can analyze your outdoor space and determine the best use of space, factoring in things like shade, what the soil is like or the best soil to use, and irrigation. Webster Groves, MO property owners may not be familiar with types of irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to set a realistic budget for your landscaping and come up with ways to make the most of your investment. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to repair. They have the knowledge to pair your tastes and needs with your budget.
- Project management — From acquiring permits to overseeing construction and working with an HOA, a professional designer can handle all aspects of your project, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience. They can oversee the entire project, from design to construction, and ensure that everything is carried out the right way.
- Increase property value — An optimally designed landscape can make your house worth a lot more. A professional landscape designer design and create a landscape that is attractive, functional, and sustainable. They can help you pick out plants, materials, and features that will improve your property's overall value.
While many Webster Groves, MO homeowners enjoy working on their yard, any time you're redesigning your entire yard, the experience, knowledge, and skill of a professional is invaluable.
How to Pich the Best Local Webster Groves, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that we've gone over the benefits of hiring a professional Webster Groves, MO landscape designer, you need to know how to pick the best one near you. Here are some pointers to help you get started:
- Ask for referrals — Ask people who've had landscape work done in the area for referrals to anyone who worked on their yard.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can provide valuable insights into the experiences other homeowners have had with local designers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These events are a perfect time to meet with local designers, see their portfolio, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their work and has a stellar reputation in the area.
- Review their previous work — If a landscaper designer has done great work in the best, they should be proud to display it on their website. Look at their previous projects in Webster Groves, MO and see if they fit your standards and taste.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer care. We've been awarded 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Webster Groves, MO
Landscape design requires a thoughtful marriage of aesthetics, ecology, and practicality. The principles of landscape design can be broken down into several crucial elements, including:
- Unity — Unity is the principle of making a cohesive design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This includes the use of the same colors and textures throughout your yard.
- Balance — Balance is the idea of instilling a sense of equilibrium in the landscape. A landscape designer can do this through the utilization of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by taking into account the visual weight of the plants and structures in your yard.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of plants and structures in the design. This includes considering the size of each element in relation to other elements in the space, as well as the overall size of the space itself.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to the relationship of the elements to each other and how they interact together. A professional designer can do this through the implementation of repetitive patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create an engaging space.
Designing for Ecology
In addition to the above principles, it's a good idea to consider how the design will interact with other organic lifeforms. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, minimizing water use, and creating habitats for local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can have a environmentally friendly landscape that improves the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also want to prioritize how you can use the space practically. This includes factoring in how the space will be used, and designing it accordingly. For instance, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help usher guests through your Webster Groves, MO yard. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could look at which trees and structures block others from viewing your yard.
Designing for Maintenance
Lastly, a well-designed landscape will be installed with maintenance in mind. This includes plantings and construction that are easy to maintain. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create an inviting and functional outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Important Elements in Webster Groves, MO Landscape Design
Now that we have explored the principles of landscape design, let's consider some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are one of the most important elements of any landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be utilized to create a variety of lovely effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to consider factors such as shade and sun exposure, soil type, and water availability.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping is utilized to create structures that add visual interest and functionality to your outdoor space, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, waterfalls, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of calm in the landscape. They can also draw local wildlife to add more life to your property.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key elements in the landscape, and is also useful for ambiance. Lighting is essential for outdoor spaces that are used when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to add style to your yard. They can also be used to create functional spaces for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Webster Groves, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Landscape Design Near Me in Webster Groves, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Webster Groves, MO landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Webster Groves, MO neighborhoods for our over 25 years designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our group of designers and horticulture professionals work in concert with each other on every landscape in order to provide each customer with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.