Turning Your Dreams Into Reality
Landscape design near me in Clayton, MO. If you're looking to turn your yard into a charming and functional landscape, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has been turning Clayton, MO homeowners' dreams into reality for more than 25 years. Our expert team of designers and horticulturists are creative and innovative. We dare you to imagine the possibilities for your yard, and then use our skills to turn your tastes into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Clayton, MO, reach out to Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project through our website.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in Clayton, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy the upkeep of their gardens and trees, there are numerous benefits to working with a professional Clayton, MO landscape designer. Below are just a few reasons to trust in a professional in Clayton, MO:
- Design proficiency — Landscape designers have the training and experience to envision alluring, practical yards that pair your needs with what you have in mind.
- Property evaluation — Professional landscapers can evaluate your yard and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, bearing in mind factors like shade, soil quality, and irrigation. Clayton, MO homeowners may not be familiar with types of irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to set a pragmatic budget for your landscaping and identify ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and wasted time. They have the expertise to marry your tastes and needs with your budget.
- Project management — Permits, dealing with a homeowners' association, and construction can be a nuisance. A professional designer can handle all that on your behalf. They can manage the entire project, from design to installation, and make sure that everything is done correctly and on time.
- Increase property value — An optimally designed landscape can considerably increase the value of your property. A professional landscape designer can offer you a landscape that other people will wish were theirs. They can help you choose plants, materials, and structures that will improve your property's curb appeal.
While many Clayton, MO homeowners rightly think of themselves as "green thumbs," whenever you're redesigning your entire landscape, the help of a professional is invaluable.
How to Pich the Best Local Clayton, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of working with a professional Clayton, MO landscape designer, you need to know how to pick the best one near you. Below are some things to consider:
- Ask around — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for referrals to anyone who worked on their landscaping.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can provide valuable insights into the experiences other homeowners have had with local designers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a perfect time to meet with local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has received awards for their work and has a hard-earned, positive reputation locally.
- Review their previous work — If a landscaper designer has done great work in the best, they'll likely be eager to display it on their website. Look at their previous projects in Clayton, MO and see if they're a good fit for what you're looking for.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've been awarded 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Clayton, MO
Landscape design requires a thoughtful marriage of aesthetics, ecology, and practicality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several important elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the concept of creating a comprehensive design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This includes the use of the same colors and textures throughout the space.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. This can be achieved through the implementation of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by considering the visual weight of the plants and structures in your yard.
- Proportion — Proportion is the principle of creating a sense of scale in the design. This can be achieved by considering the size of the space and the size of each of the elements.
- Rhythm — Rhythm is the principle of creating a sense of movement in the landscape. This can be achieved through the use of repetitive patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a visually interesting landscape.
Designing for Ecology
In addition to the principles of landscape design, it is important to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, limiting water use, and creating habitats for local wildlife. By prioritizing ecology, you can create a sustainable landscape that improves the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also want to prioritize functionality. This includes factoring in your intentions for the space, and designing it accordingly. For instance, if you want to invite over friends, family, and neighbors for grilling, you might consider how your landscape can help usher guests around your Clayton, MO yard. If you'd rather have a quiet place to stargaze or enjoy a glass of wine, you could look at which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Lastly, a well-designed landscape will be installed with maintenance in mind. This includes plantings and construction that minimize the need for ongoing upkeep. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create a beautiful and functional outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Important Elements in Clayton, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over the principles of landscape design, let's go through some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be used to create numerous lovely effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to consider factors such as shade and sun exposure, the type of soil, and water availability.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping is utilized to make structures that add visual interest and functionality to your yard, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, waterfalls, ponds, and streams, can contribute to a sense of relaxation in your outdoor space. They can also draw local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key features in the landscape, and is also useful for mood. Lighting is essential for outdoor spaces that you want to be in in the evening or at night.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to augment the style to your yard. They can also be used to create functional spaces for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Clayton, MO include:
- Custom Hot Tubs
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
Landscape Design Near Me in Clayton, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Clayton, MO landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned a great reputation in our local Clayton, MO neighborhoods for our over 25 years in business. Our group of designers and horticulture professionals work as a team on every landscape in order to provide each client with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.