Enhancing Your Outdoor Living Space
Landscape design near me in Affton, MO. If you're looking to turn your yard into an attractive and functional landscape, you may have just got done typing, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has been turning Affton, MO homeowners' dreams into reality for over two and a half decades. Our exceptional team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and innovative. We ask our clients to "think big," and then do what we do best to turn your tastes into the yard of your dreams. For landscape design "near me" in Affton, MO, reach out to Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us through our website.
Advantages of Hiring a Professional Affton, MO Landscape Designer
While many homeowners enjoy working on their yard, there are numerous benefits to working with a professional Affton, MO landscape designer. Below are just a few reasons to trust in a professional in Affton, MO:
- Design expertise — Landscape designers have the education and abilities to envision inviting, functional landscapes that bridge your needs and tastes based on unique features that you may not have thought of before.
- Site analysis — Professional designers can assess your property and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, factoring in things like sun exposure, soil quality, and irrigation. Affton, MO property owners may not be familiar with types of irrigation systems or drainage solutions their outdoor space may require.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can help you create a practical budget for your landscaping and identify ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and wasted time. They have the expertise to plan and design a landscape that meets your needs and budget.
- Project management — Permits, dealing with a homeowners' association, and construction can be a nuisance. A professional designer can manage all that for you. They can oversee the entire process, from design to installation, and make sure that everything is done the right way.
- Boost property value — A well-designed landscape can significantly increase how much your home is worth. A professional landscape designer can help you create a landscape that other people will wish were theirs. They can help you pick out plants, materials, and structures that will enhance your property's curb appeal.
While many Affton, MO property owners enjoy working on their yard, whenever you're making major updates to your property, the experience, knowledge, and abilities of a professional is invaluable.
How to Find a Local Affton, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of contracting a professional Affton, MO landscape designer, the next part is to find the right designer for your project. Below are some tips to help you get started:
- Ask around — Ask people who've had landscape work done in the area for recommendations of landscape designers they've worked with in the past.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp show ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a perfect opportunity to talk to local designers, see their portfolio, and ask about what they do.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their designs and has a hard-earned, positive reputation in their community.
- Look at their previous work — If a landscaper designer has done great work in the best, they'll likely be eager to display it online. Look at their previous projects in Affton, MO and see if they're a good fit for what you're looking for.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've won 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Affton, MO
Landscape design requires a careful balance of aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several key elements, including:
- Unity — Unity is the principle of creating a holistic design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This can include the use of similar materials, colors, and textures throughout the space.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. This can be achieved through the utilization of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by considering the visual weight of each element in the space.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of plants and structures in the design. This includes taking into account the size of each element in relation to other elements in the space, as well as the overall size of the space itself.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to interval-repeating elements. A professional designer can do this through the use of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a visually interesting landscape.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the principles of landscape design, it's a good idea to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using native plants and materials, limiting water use, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By prioritizing ecology, you can create a sustainable landscape that improves the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also want to prioritize how you can use the space practically. This includes considering your intentions for your yard, and designing it accordingly. For example, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you might consider how your landscape can help usher guests around your Affton, MO outdoor property. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could look at which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Lastly, it is crucial to consider the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes plantings and construction that minimize the need for ongoing maintenance. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create a beautiful and practical outdoor space that is easy to care for over the long term.
Important Elements in Affton, MO Landscape Design
Now that we have explored the principles of landscape design, let's go through some of the key elements that are often used in landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be arranged in a way to create a variety of different effects. When picking the plants you'd like to use, it is important to consider factors such as shade and sun exposure, soil type, and how water will reach the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to non-organic or human-made objects and structures, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to create structures that contribute to the visual elements and functionality of your yard, including:
- Water features — Water elements, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of tranquility in the landscape. They can also draw local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key elements in the landscape, and is also useful for ambiance. This is specifically important for outdoor spaces that you want to be in in the evening or at night.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to augment the personality to the landscape. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Affton, MO include:
- Custom Hot Tubs
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
Landscape Design Near Me in Affton, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking a private place to sit around a fire or a large space to invite guests over, working with a professional Affton, MO landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Affton, MO neighborhoods for our over 25 years in business. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work as a team on every yard in order to provide each homeowner with the perfect plan to fit their needs, preferences, and the needs of the site while using style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.