Enhancing Your Outdoor Living Space
Landscape design near me in Oakville, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped Oakville, MO homeowners get the outdoor living spaces of their dreams for more than 25 years. Our exceptional team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and consistently come up with ideas and solutions others don't. We ask our clients to imagine the possibilities for your yard, and then use our abilities to turn your preferences into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Oakville, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs online.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in Oakville, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy working on their own landscaping projects, there are many reasons to hire a professional for your landscaping needs. The following are a few reasons why:
- Design proficiency — Landscape designers have the training and experience to envision alluring, functional landscapes that bridge your needs and preferences by thinking outside the box and create a one-of-a-kind landscape design.
- Property analysis — Professional landscapers can analyze your outdoor space and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, bearing in mind factors such as sun exposure, what the soil is like or the best soil to use, and drainage. Oakville, MO homeowners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their yard may require.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to come up with a realistic budget for your project and identify ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to fix. They have the knowledge to plan and design a landscape that meets your needs and budget.
- Project management — Permits, working with HOAs, and construction can be a nuisance. A professional designer can handle all that on your behalf. They can manage the entire process, from design to implementation, and ensure that everything is done correctly and on time.
- Enhance property value — An optimally designed landscape can considerably increase the value of your property. A professional landscape designer can help you create a landscape that is attractive, functional, and sustainable. They can help you pick plants, materials, and structures that will enhance your property's curb appeal.
While many Oakville, MO homeowners rightly consider themselves "green thumbs," whenever you're making major updates to your property, the experience, knowledge, and skill of a professional is invaluable.
How to Choose the Best Local Oakville, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of working with a professional Oakville, MO landscape designer, you need to know how to pick the best one near you. The following are some things to consider:
- Ask for referrals — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for recommendations of landscape designers they've worked with in the past.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can provide valuable insights into the experiences other homeowners have had with local designers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a great time to talk to local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask about their designs.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their designs and has a hard-earned, positive reputation in their community.
- Look at their previous projects — If a landscaper designer has designed beautiful and functional outdoor spaces before, they'll likely be eager to display it on their website. Look at the work they've done on other Oakville, MO homes and see if they're a good fit for what you're looking for.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer care. We've been awarded 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
You can read our client testimonials here, or take a look at our gallery and project spotlight.
Principles of Landscape Design in Oakville, MO
Landscape design requires a careful balance of aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be broken down into several key elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the concept of making a holistic design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This includes the use of the same colors and textures throughout your yard.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. A landscape designer can do this through the utilization of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by considering the visual weight of each element in the space.
- Proportion — Proportion is the principle of creating a sense of scale in the design. This can be achieved by considering how big or small both individual elements and the entire space are.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to interval-repeating elements. This can be achieved through the use of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast is the principle of creating a sense of visual interest in the landscape. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create an engaging space.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the above principles, it's a good idea to consider how the design will interact with other organic lifeforms. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, having appropriate drainage, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By prioritizing ecology, you can have a sustainable landscape that enhances the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also need to prioritize functionality. This includes considering your intentions for the space, and designing it to meet those needs. For example, if you want to invite over friends, family, and neighbors for a barbeque, you might consider how your landscape can help guide guests through your Oakville, MO yard. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could look at which trees and structures block others from viewing your yard.
Designing for Maintenance
Lastly, a well-designed landscape will be installed with maintenance in mind. This includes choosing plants and materials that are easy to maintain. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create an inviting and functional outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Key Elements in Oakville, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over the principles of landscape design, let's consider some of the key elements that are often used in landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are one of the most important elements of any landscape design. They provide color, texture, and shape, and can be used to create a variety of different effects. When picking the plants you'd like to use, it is important to consider factors such as sunlight, the type of soil, and water availability.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to create structures that contribute to the visual elements and functionality of the space, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can contribute to a sense of relaxation in the landscape. They can also attract local wildlife to add more life to your property.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key elements in the landscape, and can also be used to create a sense of ambiance. This is essential for outdoor spaces that you want to be in in the evening or at night.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to augment the personality to the landscape. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Oakville, MO include:
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Landscape Design Near Me in Oakville, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you want a private place to sit around a fire or a large space to invite guests over, working with a professional Oakville, MO landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned a great reputation in our local Oakville, MO community for our over 25 years in business. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work as a team on every landscape in order to provide each homeowner with the perfect plan to fit their needs, preferences, and the needs of the site while using style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.