Enhancing Your Outdoor Living Space
Landscape design near me in Shrewsbury, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped Shrewsbury, MO homeowners get the outdoor living spaces of their dreams for more than 25 years. Our amazing team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and innovative. We ask our clients to "think big," and then do what we do best to turn your tastes into the yard of your dreams. For landscape design "near me" in Shrewsbury, MO, reach out to Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs online.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in Shrewsbury, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy the maintenance of their gardens and trees, there are many reasons to hire a professional for your project. Below are just a few reasons to trust in a professional in Shrewsbury, MO:
- Design expertise — Landscape designers have the skills and experience to conjure up attractive, functional landscapes that bridge your needs and preferences by thinking outside the box and create a one-of-a-kind landscape design.
- Site analysis — Professional landscapers can analyze your outdoor space and determine the best use of space, factoring in things like shade, soil quality, and drainage. Shrewsbury, MO property owners may not be familiar with types of irrigation systems or drainage solutions their outdoor space may require.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can help you create a pragmatic budget for your project and find ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to repair. They have the knowledge to pair your preferences and needs with your budget.
- Project management — Permits, working with HOAs, and construction can be a nuisance. A professional designer can manage all that for you. They can oversee the entire project, from design to implementation, and make sure that everything is carried out the right way.
- Enhance curb appeal — An optimally designed landscape can make your property worth a lot more. A professional landscape designer can offer you a landscape that will make people want to live one your property. They can help you choose plants, materials, and features that will enhance your home's curb appeal.
While many Shrewsbury, MO homeowners rightly consider themselves "green thumbs," whenever you're making major updates to your property, the experience, knowledge, and skill of a professional is invaluable.
How to Find a Local Shrewsbury, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that we've gone over the benefits of hiring a professional Shrewsbury, MO landscape designer, you need to know how to pick the best one near you. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Ask for referrals — Ask people who've had landscape work done in the area for recommendations of landscape designers they've worked with in the past.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can provide valuable insights into the experiences other homeowners have had with local designers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These events are a perfect time to talk to local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has received awards for their landscaping and has a stellar reputation locally.
- Review their previous projects — If a landscaper designer has done great work in the best, they'll likely want to to display it online. Look at the work they've done on other Shrewsbury, MO homes and see if they're a good fit for what you're looking for.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've been awarded 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
You can check out our client testimonials here, or take a look at our gallery and previous projects.
Principles of Landscape Design in Shrewsbury, MO
Landscape design requires a careful balance of aesthetics, ecology, and practicality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several important elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the concept of design that unifies all the other principles. This includes the use of similar materials, colors, and textures throughout your outdoor space.
- Balance — Balance is the idea of creating a sense of equilibrium in the landscape. This can be achieved through the utilization of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by considering the visual weight of the plants and structures in your outdoor space.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of elements in the landscape. This includes considering how big or small both individual elements and the entire space are.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to interval-repeating elements. This can be achieved through the use of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast is the principle of creating a sense of visual interest in the landscape. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create an engaging space.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the above concepts, it is important to consider how the design will interact with other organic lifeforms. This includes using native plants and materials, minimizing water use, and creating habitats for local wildlife. By prioritizing ecology, you can have a sustainable landscape that enhances the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also need to prioritize how you can use the space practically. This includes considering your intentions for your yard, and designing it accordingly. For instance, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you might consider how your landscape can help guide guests around your Shrewsbury, MO outdoor property. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could look at which trees and structures block others from viewing your yard.
Designing for Maintenance
Lastly, it is important to think about the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes plantings and construction that are easy to maintain. By prioritizing maintenance considerations, you can create a beautiful and practical outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Important Elements in Shrewsbury, MO Landscape Design
Now that we have explored the principles of landscape design, let's go through some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be utilized to create numerous different effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to take into account shade and sun exposure, soil type, and water availability.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping is utilized to create structures that add visual interest and functionality to your yard, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of relaxation in your outdoor space. They can also draw local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting is important for highlighting key elements in the landscape, and is also useful for ambiance. Lighting is particularly important for outdoor spaces that you want to be in in the evening or at night.
- Furniture and accessories — Furniture and accessories can be used to augment the personality to your yard. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Shrewsbury, MO include:
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
Landscape Design Near Me in Shrewsbury, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Shrewsbury, MO landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned a great reputation in our local Shrewsbury, MO neighborhoods for our over 25 years in business. Our group of designers and horticulture professionals work in concert with each other on every yard in order to provide each client with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while using style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.