Enhancing Your Outdoor Living Space
Landscape design near me in Cottleville, MO. If you're looking to turn your outdoor space into a breathtaking and functional landscape, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has been turning Cottleville, MO homeowners' dreams into reality for over 25 years. Our expert team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and outside-the-box thinkers. We ask our clients to "think big," and then do what we do best to turn your tastes into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Cottleville, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Cottleville, MO Landscape Designer
While many homeowners enjoy working on their own landscaping projects, there are numerous reasons to hire a professional for your landscaping needs. Here are just a few reasons to consider hiring a professional in Cottleville, MO:
- Design expertise — Landscape designers have the skills and experience to envision alluring, practical landscapes that pair your unique needs with your tastes by bringing new and creative ideas to the table.
- Site analysis — Professional designers can evaluate your yard and determine the best use of space, factoring in things such as shade, soil type, and drainage. Cottleville, MO homeowners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their yard may require.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can help you create a practical budget for your project and find ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to repair. They have the expertise to pair your preferences and needs with your budget.
- Project management — Permits, working with HOAs, and construction can be a hassle. A professional designer can handle all that on your behalf. They can oversee the entire process, from design to implementation, and make sure that everything is carried out the right way.
- Boost property value — An optimally designed landscape can considerably increase the value of your property. A professional landscape designer design and create a landscape that is attractive, functional, and sustainable. They can help you select plants, materials, and structures that will enhance your home's curb appeal.
While many Cottleville, MO property owners enjoy working on their yard, whenever you're redesigning your entire yard, the help of a professional is a must.
How to Choose the Best Local Cottleville, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of contracting a professional Cottleville, MO landscape designer, the next part is to find the right designer for your landscaping. Below are some pointers to help you get started:
- Ask around — Ask people who've had landscape work done in the area for recommendations of landscape designers they've worked with in the past.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp show ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a perfect opportunity to meet with local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their landscaping and has a stellar reputation in their community.
- Look at their previous projects — If a landscaper designer has done great work in the best, they should be proud to display it online. Look at their previous projects in Cottleville, MO and see if they fit your standards and taste.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've won 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Cottleville, MO
Landscape design requires the optimization of a variety of factors, including aesthetics, ecology, and practicality. The principles of landscape design can be broken down into several key elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the concept of design that unifies all the other principles. This can include the use of similar materials, colors, and textures throughout the space.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. This can be achieved through the implementation of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by considering the visual weight of each element in your outdoor space.
- Proportion — Proportion is the principle of creating a sense of scale in the design. This can be achieved by considering how big or small both individual elements and the entire space are.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to interval-repeating elements. This can be achieved through the implementation of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to objects that are close together being noticeably different from each other. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create an engaging landscape.
Designing for Ecology
In addition to the principles of landscape design, it's a good idea to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, limiting water use, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By prioritizing ecology, you can create a sustainable landscape that improves the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
Another crucial thing to take into account when designing a landscape is functionality. This includes factoring in your intentions for your yard, and designing it accordingly. For example, if you want to invite over friends, family, and neighbors for grilling, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help guide guests through your Cottleville, MO yard. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could look at which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, a well-designed landscape will be installed with maintenance in mind. This includes plantings and construction that minimize the need for ongoing upkeep. By prioritizing maintenance considerations, you can create a beautiful and functional outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Important Elements in Cottleville, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over the principles of landscape design, let's go through some of the key elements that are often used in landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are one of the most important elements of any landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be utilized to create a variety of lovely effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to consider factors such as sunlight, soil type, and water availability.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to non-organic or human-made objects and structures, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to create structures that contribute to the visual elements and functionality of your outdoor space, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can contribute to a sense of tranquility in your outdoor space. They can also draw local wildlife to add more life to your property.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting is important for highlighting key elements in the landscape, and can also be used to create a sense of mood. This is particularly important for outdoor spaces that are used when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to augment the style to your yard. They can also be used to create functional spaces for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Cottleville, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Hardscaping Near Me
Landscape Design Near Me in Cottleville, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you want a private place to sit around a fire or a large space to entertain, working with a professional Cottleville, MO landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Cottleville, MO community for our more than 25 years designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our group of designers and horticulture professionals work in collaboration on every project in order to provide each customer with the perfect plan to fit their needs, preferences, and the needs of the site while using style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.