Turning Your Dreams Into Reality
Landscape design near me in Jefferson County, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has been turning Jefferson County, MO homeowners' dreams into reality for more than 25 years. Our expert team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and consistently come up with ideas and solutions others don't. We ask our clients to "think big," and then do what we do best to turn your preferences into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Jefferson County, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us through our website.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in Jefferson County, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy the maintenance of their gardens and trees, there are many benefits to working with a professional Jefferson County, MO landscape designer. Here are just a few reasons to trust in a professional in Jefferson County, MO:
- Design prowess — Landscape designers have the training and abilities to design inviting, practical yards that marry your needs and tastes based on unique features that you may not have considered previously.
- Site analysis — Professional landscapers can analyze your outdoor space and determine the best use of space, bearing in mind factors such as shade, soil type, and drainage. Jefferson County, MO property owners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to come up with a pragmatic budget for your landscaping and find ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and wasted time. They have the knowledge to pair your tastes and needs with your budget.
- Project management — From acquiring permits to overseeing construction and working with an HOA, a professional designer can handle all aspects of your project, ensuring an easy and stress-free experience. They can manage the entire process, from design to installation, and ensure that everything is carried out correctly and on time.
- Boost property value — An optimally designed landscape can considerably increase the value of your property. A professional landscape designer design and create a landscape that will make people want to live in your home. They can help you pick out plants, materials, and structures that will enhance your property's curb appeal.
While many Jefferson County, MO property owners rightly consider themselves "green thumbs," any time you're redesigning your entire yard, the experience, knowledge, and abilities of a professional is a must.
How to Find a Local Jefferson County, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that we've gone over the benefits of contracting a professional Jefferson County, MO landscape designer, you need to know how to pick the best one near you. Here are some things to consider:
- Ask for referrals — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for referrals to anyone who worked on their yard.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp show ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a great opportunity to talk to local designers, see their portfolio, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has received awards for their designs and has a hard-earned, positive reputation in the area.
- Review their previous projects — If a landscaper designer has designed beautiful and functional landscapes before, they should be proud to display it on their website. Look at their previous projects in Jefferson County, MO and see if they fit your standards and taste.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer care. We've earned 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Jefferson County, MO
Landscape design requires a careful balance of aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several important elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the principle of coming up with a cohesive design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This includes the use of the same colors and textures throughout your yard.
- Balance — Balance is the principle of creating a sense of equilibrium in the landscape. A landscape designer can do this through the use of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by considering the visual weight of each element in the space.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of elements in the landscape. This can be achieved by considering the size of the space and the size of each of the elements.
- Rhythm — Rhythm is the principle of creating a sense of movement in the landscape. A professional designer can do this through the implementation of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create an engaging landscape.
Designing for Ecology
In addition to the principles of landscape design, it's a good idea to consider how the design will interact with other organic lifeforms. This includes using native plants and materials, limiting water use, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By prioritizing ecology, you can create a sustainable landscape that enhances the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
Another vital consideration when designing a landscape is how you can use the space practically. This includes considering how the space will be used, and designing it accordingly. For instance, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you might consider how your landscape can help guide guests through your Jefferson County, MO yard. If you'd rather have a quiet place to stargaze or enjoy a glass of wine, you could look at which trees and structures block others from viewing your yard.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, a well-designed landscape will be installed with maintenance in mind. This includes plantings and construction that are easy to maintain. By prioritizing maintenance considerations, you can create an inviting and functional outdoor space that is easy to care for over the long term.
Important Elements in Jefferson County, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over key concepts in landscape design, let's consider some of the key elements that are often used in landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, texture, and shape, and can be used to create numerous lovely effects. When picking the plants you'd like to use, it is important to take into account sunlight, soil type, and water availability.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to make structures that add visual interest and functionality to the space, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can contribute to a sense of relaxation in the landscape. They can also attract local wildlife to add more life to your property.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting is important for highlighting key features in the landscape, and is also useful for ambiance. Lighting is essential for outdoor spaces that are used in the evening or at night.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to augment the style to the landscape. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Jefferson County, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Landscape Design Near Me in Jefferson County, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking a private place to stargaze or a large space to invite guests over, working with a professional Jefferson County, MO landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Jefferson County, MO community for our more than 25 years in business. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work in concert with each other on every yard in order to provide each client with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.