Turning Your Dreams Into Reality
Landscape design near me in Belleville, IL. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may have just got done searching, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped Belleville, IL homeowners get the outdoor living spaces they've always wanted for over two and a half decades. Our amazing team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and consistently come up with ideas and solutions others don't. We ask our clients to "think big," and then do what we do best to turn your tastes into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Belleville, IL, reach out to Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us through our website.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in Belleville, IL?
While many homeowners enjoy the maintenance of their gardens and plants, there are myriad benefits to working with a professional Belleville, IL landscape designer. Here are just a few reasons to consider hiring a professional in Belleville, IL:
- Design prowess — Landscape designers have the skills and abilities to envision alluring, practical yards that marry your needs with what you have in mind.
- Property analysis — Professional designers can assess your outdoor space and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, factoring in things like shade, soil type, and drainage. Belleville, IL homeowners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to come up with a realistic budget for your project and identify ways to make the most of your investment. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to repair. They have the expertise to pair your tastes and needs with your budget.
- Project management — From obtaining permits to overseeing construction and working with an HOA, a professional designer can handle all aspects of your project, ensuring a smooth and stress-free experience. They can manage the entire project, from design to implementation, and leave you confident that everything is done correctly and on time.
- Boost curb appeal — An optimally designed landscape can significantly increase the value of your property. A professional landscape designer can offer you a landscape that will make people want to live in your home. They can help you select plants, materials, and structures that will improve your home's overall value.
While many Belleville, IL homeowners enjoy working on their yard, any time you're redesigning your entire yard, the experience, knowledge, and skill of a professional is a must.
How to Choose the Best Local Belleville, IL Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of working with a professional Belleville, IL landscape designer, the next part is to find the right designer for your landscaping. Here are some things to consider:
- Ask around — Ask people who've had landscape work done in the area for referrals to anyone who worked on their landscaping.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp show ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a great time to meet with local designers, see their portfolio, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their work and has an exceptional reputation in the area.
- Review their previous work — If a landscaper designer does good work, they'll likely be eager to display it on their website. Look at the work they've done on other Belleville, IL homes and see if they fit your standards and taste.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've won 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Belleville, IL
Landscape design requires a careful balance of aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be broken down into several important elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the idea of design that unifies all the other principles. This can include the use of similar materials, colors, and textures throughout your outdoor space.
- Balance — Balance is the concept of creating a sense of equilibrium in the landscape. This can be achieved through the implementation of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by factoring in the visual weight of the plants and structures in your yard.
- Proportion — Proportion is the principle of creating a sense of scale in the landscape. This includes considering how big or small both individual elements and the entire space are.
- Rhythm — Rhythm is the principle of creating a sense of movement in the landscape. A professional designer can do this through the implementation of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast is the principle of creating a sense of visual interest in the landscape. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create an engaging landscape.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the above principles, you need to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, having appropriate drainage, and creating habitats for local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can create a environmentally friendly landscape that improves the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also need to prioritize functionality. This includes considering your intentions for the space, and designing it accordingly. For instance, if you want to invite over friends, family, and neighbors for a barbeque, you might consider how your landscape can help usher guests around your Belleville, IL outdoor property. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could look at which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Lastly, it is crucial to consider the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes plantings and construction that are easy to maintain. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create a beautiful and functional outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Key Elements in Belleville, IL Landscape Design
Now that we have explored key concepts in landscape design, let's consider some of the key elements that are often used in landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, texture, and shape, and can be used to create numerous lovely effects. When picking the plants you'd like to use, it is important to consider factors such as shade and sun exposure, the type of soil, and how water will irrigate the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to make structures that contribute to the visual elements and functionality of your yard, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can contribute to a sense of tranquility in your outdoor space. They can also draw local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting is important for highlighting key features in the landscape, and is also useful for mood. This is essential for outdoor spaces that you want to be in in the evening or at night.
- Furniture and accessories — Furniture and accessories can be used to add style to your yard. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Belleville, IL include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Hardscaping Near Me
Landscape Design Near Me in Belleville, IL | Poynter Landscape
Whether you want to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Belleville, IL landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Belleville, IL neighborhoods for our over 25 years designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our group of designers and horticulture professionals work as a team on every landscape in order to provide each client with the perfect plan to fit their needs, preferences, and the needs of the site while using style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.