Enhancing Your Outdoor Living Space
Landscape design near me in Arnold, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped Arnold, MO homeowners get the outdoor living spaces they've always wanted for over 25 years. Our expert team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and outside-the-box thinkers. We ask our clients to imagine the possibilities for your yard, and then do what we do best to turn your tastes into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Arnold, MO, reach out to Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Arnold, MO Landscape Designer
While many homeowners take pleasure in working on their yard, there are numerous reasons to hire a professional for your landscaping needs. Here are a few reasons why:
- Design expertise — Landscape designers have the training and abilities to create inviting, functional landscapes that marry your needs and tastes based on unique designs that you may not have thought of before.
- Property analysis — Professional designers can analyze your property and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, factoring in things like shade, soil quality, and irrigation. Arnold, MO property owners may not be familiar with types of irrigation systems or drainage solutions their outdoor space may require.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to set a feasible budget for your project and come up with ways to make the most of your investment. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to fix. They have the experience to pair your preferences and needs with your budget.
- Project management — Permits, working with HOAs, and construction can be a hassle. A professional designer can manage all that for you. They can oversee the entire project, from design to installation, and make sure that everything is carried out the right way.
- Increase property value — An optimally designed landscape can considerably increase the value of your property. A professional landscape designer can help you create a landscape that will make people want to live one your property. They can help you select plants, materials, and features that will enhance your home's overall value.
While many Arnold, MO property owners rightly consider themselves "green thumbs," whenever you're redesigning your entire yard, the experience, knowledge, and abilities of a professional is a must.
How to Pich the Best Local Arnold, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of working with a professional Arnold, MO landscape designer, the next step is to find the right designer for your landscaping. The following are some things to consider:
- Ask around — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for recommendations of landscape designers they've worked with in the past.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can give you a feel for how happy previous customers are with their work.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a perfect opportunity to talk to local designers, see their portfolio, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their work and has a hard-earned, positive reputation locally.
- Review their previous work — If a landscaper designer does good work, they'll likely be eager to display it on their website. Look at their previous projects in Arnold, MO and see if they're a good fit for what you're looking for.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've won 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Arnold, MO
Landscape design requires a careful balance of aesthetics, ecology, and practicality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several important elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the idea of making a comprehensive design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This includes the use of the same colors and textures throughout your outdoor space.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. This can be achieved through the use of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by considering the visual weight of each element in your outdoor space.
- Proportion — Proportion is the principle of creating a sense of scale in the design. This can be achieved by taking into account the size of the space and the size of each of the elements.
- Rhythm — Rhythm is the principle of creating a sense of movement in the landscape. This can be achieved through the use of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create an engaging landscape.
Designing for Ecology
In addition to the above concepts, you need to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, limiting water use, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can have a sustainable landscape that improves the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
Another crucial consideration when designing a landscape is functionality. This includes considering your intentions for your yard, and designing it to meet those needs. For example, if you want to invite over friends, family, and neighbors for a barbeque, you might consider how your landscape can help usher guests around your Arnold, MO yard. If you'd rather have a quiet place to stargaze or enjoy a glass of wine, you could look at which trees and structures block others from viewing your yard.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, it is crucial to consider the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes choosing plants and materials that are easy to maintain. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create a beautiful and practical outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Important Elements in Arnold, MO Landscape Design
Now that we have explored key concepts in landscape design, let's consider some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be utilized to create a variety of lovely effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to take into account shade and sun exposure, the type of soil, and how water will reach the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to non-organic or human-made objects and structures, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to create structures that add visual interest and functionality to the space, including:
- Water features — Water elements, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can contribute to a sense of tranquility in your yard. They can also attract local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key features in the landscape, and is also useful for ambiance. Lighting is specifically important for outdoor spaces that are used when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Furniture and accessories can be used to augment the personality to your yard. They can also be used to create functional spaces for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Arnold, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Landscape Design Near Me in Arnold, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you want a private place to stargaze or a large space to entertain, working with a professional Arnold, MO landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Arnold, MO neighborhoods for our over 25 years designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our group of designers and horticulture professionals work in collaboration on every yard in order to provide each client with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.