Turning Your Dreams Into Reality
Landscape design near me in Frontenac, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped Frontenac, MO homeowners get the outdoor living spaces they've always wanted for more than 25 years. Our experienced team of designers and horticulturists are creative and consistently come up with ideas and solutions others don't. We dare you to "think big," and then use our expertise to turn your preferences into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Frontenac, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in Frontenac, MO?
While many homeowners take pleasure in working on their yard, there are many benefits to working with a professional Frontenac, MO landscape designer. Below are a few reasons why:
- Design expertise — Landscape designers have the skills and experience to design beautiful, functional landscapes that bridge your needs with what you have in mind.
- Site evaluation — Professional landscapers can assess your outdoor space and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, factoring in things such as sun exposure, what the soil is like or the best soil to use, and irrigation. Frontenac, MO property owners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their outdoor space may require.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to come up with a feasible budget for your landscaping and come up with ways to make the most of your investment. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to repair. They have the expertise to plan and design a landscape that meets your needs and budget.
- Project management — Permits, dealing with HOAs, and construction can be a hassle. A professional designer can handle all that for you. They can oversee the entire project, from design to construction, and make sure that everything is carried out correctly and on time.
- Enhance curb appeal — An optimally designed landscape can make your property worth a lot more. A professional landscape designer can offer you a landscape that is attractive, functional, and sustainable. They can help you select plants, materials, and structures that will enhance your property's curb appeal.
While many Frontenac, MO property owners rightly consider themselves "green thumbs," any time you're making major improvements to your property, the experience, knowledge, and skill of a professional is invaluable.
How to Find a Local Frontenac, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of working with a professional Frontenac, MO landscape designer, the next step is to find the right designer for your landscaping. Below are some tips to help you get started:
- Ask around — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for referrals to anyone who worked on their yard.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can provide valuable insights into the experiences other homeowners have had with local designers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These events are a great time to talk to local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their designs and has an exceptional reputation in the area.
- Review their previous work — If a landscaper designer has done great work in the best, they should be proud to display it online. Look at their previous projects in Frontenac, MO and see if they fit your standards and taste.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've won 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Frontenac, MO
Landscape design requires the optimization of a variety of factors, including aesthetics, ecology, and practicality. The principles of landscape design can be broken down into several key elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the idea of design that unifies all the other principles. This can include the use of similar materials, colors, and textures throughout your yard.
- Balance — Balance is the concept of instilling a sense of equilibrium in the landscape. A landscape designer can do this through the implementation of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by factoring in the visual weight of the plants and structures in your yard.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of elements in the design. This can be achieved by taking into account how big or small both individual elements and the entire space are.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to the relationship of the elements to each other and how they interact together. This can be achieved through the implementation of repetitive patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create an engaging space.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the principles of landscape design, it is important to consider how the design will interact with the environment. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, minimizing water use, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can create a environmentally friendly landscape that enhances the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also need to prioritize how you can use the space practically. This includes considering how the space will be used, and designing it to meet those needs. For example, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you might consider how your landscape can help guide guests around your Frontenac, MO yard. If you'd rather have a quiet place to stargaze or enjoy a glass of wine, you could look at which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, a well-designed landscape will be installed with maintenance in mind. This includes plantings and construction that are easy to maintain. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create an inviting and functional outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Key Elements in Frontenac, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over key concepts in landscape design, let's consider some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, texture, and shape, and can be arranged in a way to create a variety of different effects. When picking the plants you'd like to use, it is important to take into account sunlight, the type of soil, and how water will irrigate the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to create structures that contribute to the visual elements and functionality of your outdoor space, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of peace in your outdoor space. They can also attract local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key features in the landscape, and can also be used to create a sense of ambiance. Lighting is essential for outdoor spaces that are used when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to augment the style to your yard. They can also be used to create functional spaces for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Frontenac, MO include:
- Custom Hot Tubs
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
Landscape Design Near Me in Frontenac, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking a private place to sit around a fire or a large space to entertain, working with a professional Frontenac, MO landscape designer can help you achieve your goals. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Frontenac, MO community for our over two and a half decades designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work as a team on every yard in order to provide each customer with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while using style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.