Turning Your Dreams Into Reality
Landscape design near me in Richmond Heights, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may have just got done looking up, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped Richmond Heights, MO homeowners get the outdoor living spaces they've always wanted for over 25 years. Our expert team of designers and horticulturists are creative and outside-the-box thinkers. We challenge you to "think big," and then do what we do best to turn your preferences into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Richmond Heights, MO, reach out to Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs online.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in Richmond Heights, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy the upkeep of their gardens and plants, there are many reasons to hire a professional for your project. Below are a few reasons why:
- Design expertise — Landscape designers have the education and experience to create inviting, functional landscapes that marry your needs and preferences by thinking outside the box and create a one-of-a-kind landscape design.
- Site analysis — Professional landscapers can evaluate your property and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, considering factors such as sun exposure, what the soil is like or the best soil to use, and irrigation. Richmond Heights, MO property owners may not be familiar with types of irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to set a pragmatic budget for your project and come up with ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to repair. They have the experience to pair your preferences and needs with your budget.
- Project management — From acquiring permits to overseeing construction and working with a homeowners' association, a professional designer can handle all aspects of your project, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience. They can manage the entire process, from design to installation, and leave you confident that everything is done correctly and on time.
- Increase property value — An optimally designed landscape can considerably increase the value of your property. A professional landscape designer can help you create a landscape that is attractive, functional, and sustainable. They can help you pick out plants, materials, and structures that will enhance your home's overall value.
While many Richmond Heights, MO homeowners enjoy working on their yard, whenever you're making major improvements to your property, the help of a professional is a must.
How to Find a Local Richmond Heights, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of contracting a professional Richmond Heights, MO landscape designer, you need to know how to pick the best one near you. The following are some tips to help you get started:
- Ask for referrals — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for recommendations of landscape designers they've worked with in the past.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp show ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a perfect time to talk to local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask about what they do.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their work and has a hard-earned, positive reputation in their community.
- Look at their previous work — If a landscaper designer does good work, they should be proud to display it on their website. Look at their previous projects in Richmond Heights, MO and see if they're a good fit for what you're looking for.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've won 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Richmond Heights, MO
Landscape design requires the optimization of a variety of factors, including aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several important elements, including:
- Unity — Unity is the principle of coming up with a holistic design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This can include the use of the same colors and textures throughout the space.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. A landscape designer can do this through the implementation of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by factoring in the visual weight of the plants and structures in the space.
- Proportion — Proportion is the principle of creating a sense of scale in the design. This can be achieved by considering the size of the space and the size of each of the elements.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to interval-repeating elements. This can be achieved through the use of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast is the principle of creating a sense of visual interest in the landscape. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a dynamic space.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the principles of landscape design, it's a good idea to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using native plants and materials, limiting water use, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can create a environmentally friendly landscape that enhances the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also want to prioritize how you can use the space practically. This includes factoring in your intentions for your yard, and designing it accordingly. For instance, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help guide guests through your Richmond Heights, MO yard. If you'd rather have a quiet place to stargaze or enjoy a glass of wine, you could think about which trees and structures block others from viewing your yard.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, it is crucial to consider the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes choosing plants and materials that are easy to maintain. By prioritizing maintenance considerations, you can create an inviting and practical outdoor space that is easy to care for over the long term.
Key Elements in Richmond Heights, MO Landscape Design
Now that we have explored key concepts in landscape design, let's consider some of the key elements that are often used in landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be arranged in a way to create numerous different effects. When picking the plants you'd like to use, it is important to take into account shade and sun exposure, soil type, and how water will reach the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to non-organic or human-made objects and structures, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping is utilized to create structures that add visual interest and functionality to your outdoor space, including:
- Water features — Water elements, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of relaxation in the landscape. They can also draw local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key features in the landscape, and can also be used to create a sense of mood. Lighting is particularly important for outdoor spaces that you want to be in in the evening or at night.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to add personality to the landscape. They can also be used to create functional spaces for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Richmond Heights, MO include:
- Custom Hot Tubs
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
Landscape Design Near Me in Richmond Heights, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you want a private place to sit around a fire or a large space to entertain, working with a professional Richmond Heights, MO landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Richmond Heights, MO community for our more than two and a half decades in business. Our group of designers and horticulture professionals work as a team on every landscape in order to provide each customer with the perfect plan to fit their needs, preferences, and the needs of the site while using style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.