Turning Your Dreams Into Reality
Landscape design near me in Brentwood, MO. If you're looking to transform your backyard into an alluring and functional landscape, you may have just got done typing, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped Brentwood, MO homeowners get the outdoor living spaces they've always wanted for over two and a half decades. Our amazing team of designers and horticulturists are creative and consistently come up with ideas and solutions others don't. We ask our clients to imagine the possibilities for your yard, and then do what we do best to turn your preferences into the yard of your dreams. For landscape design "near me" in Brentwood, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Advantages of Hiring a Professional Brentwood, MO Landscape Designer
While many homeowners enjoy working on their own landscaping projects, there are many reasons to hire a professional for your landscaping needs. The following are just a few reasons to consider hiring a professional in Brentwood, MO:
- Design expertise — Landscape designers have the training and experience to conjure up beautiful, pragmatic yards that pair your needs with what you have in mind.
- Property evaluation — Professional designers can evaluate your yard and determine the best use of space, factoring in things such as sun exposure, soil type, and irrigation. Brentwood, MO homeowners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to come up with a pragmatic budget for your project and come up with ways to make the most of your investment. A professional landscape designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and wasted time. They have the expertise to pair your tastes and needs with your budget.
- Project management — From acquiring permits to overseeing construction and working with a homeowners' association, a professional designer can handle all aspects of your project, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience. They can oversee the entire project, from design to installation, and give you peace of mind that everything is carried out correctly and on time.
- Enhance curb appeal — A well-designed landscape can considerably increase the value of your property. A professional landscape designer can help you create a landscape that is attractive, functional, and sustainable. They can help you pick out plants, materials, and structures that will enhance your home's curb appeal.
While many Brentwood, MO homeowners rightly consider themselves "green thumbs," any time you're making major improvements to your property, the help of a professional is a must.
How to Choose the Best Local Brentwood, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of working with a professional Brentwood, MO landscape designer, the next part is to find the right designer for your project. Below are some things to consider:
- Ask around — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for referrals to anyone who worked on their yard.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can provide valuable insights into the experiences other homeowners have had with local designers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These events are a perfect opportunity to talk to local designers, see their portfolio, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has received awards for their landscaping and has a hard-earned, positive reputation locally.
- Look at their previous work — If a landscaper designer does good work, they should be proud to display it online. Look at their previous projects in Brentwood, MO and see if they fit your standards and taste.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've won 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
You can check out our client testimonials here, or take a look at our gallery and project spotlight.
Principles of Landscape Design in Brentwood, MO
Landscape design requires a thoughtful marriage of aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several crucial elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the idea of design that unifies all the other principles. This can include the use of the same colors and textures throughout the space.
- Balance — Balance is the concept of creating a sense of equilibrium in the landscape. This can be achieved through the use of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by considering the visual weight of each element in your outdoor space.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of plants and structures in the landscape. This can be achieved by taking into account the size of the space and the size of each of the elements.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to interval-repeating elements. This can be achieved through the implementation of repetitive patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a dynamic landscape.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the principles of landscape design, you need to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, limiting water use, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can create a sustainable landscape that improves the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
Another key consideration when designing a landscape is how you can use the space practically. This includes factoring in your intentions for the space, and designing it to meet those needs. For example, if you want to invite over friends, family, and neighbors for a barbeque, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help guide guests around your Brentwood, MO yard. If you'd rather have a quiet place to stargaze or enjoy a glass of wine, you could think about which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Lastly, a well-designed landscape will be installed with maintenance in mind. This includes choosing plants and materials that are easy to maintain. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create an inviting and functional outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Key Elements in Brentwood, MO Landscape Design
Now that we have explored the principles of landscape design, let's take a closer look at some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are one of the most important elements of any landscape design. They provide color, texture, and shape, and can be used to create a variety of lovely effects. When picking the plants you'd like to use, it is important to take into account sunlight, soil type, and how water will reach the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to create structures that contribute to the visual elements and functionality of the space, including:
- Water features — Water elements, such as in-ground pools, waterfalls, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of relaxation in your outdoor space. They can also draw local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting is important for highlighting key features in the landscape, and can also be used to create a sense of ambiance. This is specifically important for outdoor spaces that you want to be in when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to add personality to your yard. They can also be used to create functional spaces for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Brentwood, MO include:
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
Landscape Design Near Me in Brentwood, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you want to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Brentwood, MO landscape designer can help you achieve your goals. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Brentwood, MO neighborhoods for our over two and a half decades in business. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work as a team on every landscape in order to provide each customer with the perfect plan to fit their needs, preferences, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.