Enhancing Your Outdoor Living Space
Landscape design near me in Maplewood, MO. If you're looking to turn your backyard into an alluring and functional landscape, you may have just got done looking up, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has been turning Maplewood, MO homeowners' dreams into reality for over 25 years. Our exceptional team of designers and horticulturists are creative and innovative. We ask our clients to "think big," and then do what we do best to turn your tastes into the yard of your dreams. For landscape design "near me" in Maplewood, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in Maplewood, MO?
While many homeowners take pleasure in working on their yard, there are many benefits to working with a professional Maplewood, MO landscape designer. Below are a few reasons why:
- Design prowess — Landscape designers have the skills and abilities to envision beautiful, pragmatic landscapes that bridge your unique needs with your preferences by bringing new and creative ideas to the table.
- Property evaluation — Professional landscapers can analyze your yard and determine the best use of space, bearing in mind factors such as shade, soil quality, and drainage. Maplewood, MO homeowners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can help you create a practical budget for your project and find ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to fix. They have the expertise to plan and design a landscape that meets your needs and budget.
- Project management — From obtaining permits to overseeing construction and working with an HOA, a professional designer can handle all aspects of your project, ensuring a smooth and stress-free experience. They can oversee the entire process, from design to installation, and ensure that everything is carried out correctly and on time.
- Boost property value — A well-designed landscape can make your house worth a lot more. A professional landscape designer design and create a landscape that will make people want to live in your home. They can help you choose plants, materials, and features that will improve your home's overall value.
While many Maplewood, MO homeowners enjoy working on their yard, whenever you're making major updates to your property, the help of a professional is a must.
How to Find a Local Maplewood, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of contracting a professional Maplewood, MO landscape designer, you need to know how to pick the best one near you. Here are some things to consider:
- Ask for referrals — Ask people who've had landscape work done in the area for recommendations of landscape designers they've worked with in the past.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can give you a feel for how happy previous customers are with their work.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a perfect opportunity to meet with local designers, see their work, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their work and has an exceptional reputation locally.
- Review their previous projects — If a landscaper designer has designed beautiful and functional landscapes before, they'll likely want to to display it online. Look at their previous projects in Maplewood, MO and see if they're a good fit for what you're looking for.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've won 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Maplewood, MO
Landscape design requires the optimization of a variety of factors, including aesthetics, ecology, and practicality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several crucial elements, including:
- Unity — Unity is the idea of creating a holistic design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This can include the use of the same colors and textures throughout your outdoor space.
- Balance — Balance is the idea of instilling a sense of equilibrium in the landscape. A landscape designer can do this through the use of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by factoring in the visual weight of each element in your outdoor space.
- Proportion — Proportion is the principle of creating a sense of scale in the design. This can be achieved by taking into account the size of the space and the size of each of the elements.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to interval-repeating elements. A professional designer can do this through the use of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a visually interesting landscape.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the above concepts, it is important to consider how the design will interact with other organic lifeforms. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, having appropriate drainage, and creating habitats for local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can create a sustainable landscape that enhances the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also need to prioritize how you can use the space practically. This includes considering how the space will be used, and designing it to meet those needs. For example, if you want to invite over friends, family, and neighbors for a barbeque, you might consider how your landscape can help usher guests around your Maplewood, MO outdoor property. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could think about which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Lastly, it is important to think about the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes plantings and construction that minimize the need for consistent upkeep. By prioritizing maintenance considerations, you can create an inviting and functional outdoor space that is easy to care for over the long term.
Key Elements in Maplewood, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over key concepts in landscape design, let's go through some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be arranged in a way to create a variety of different effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to take into account sunlight, the type of soil, and water availability.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to non-organic or human-made objects and structures, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping is utilized to make structures that contribute to the visual elements and functionality of your outdoor space, including:
- Water features — Water elements, such as in-ground pools, waterfalls, ponds, and streams, can contribute to a sense of calm in your outdoor space. They can also draw local wildlife to add more life to your property.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key elements in the landscape, and can also be used to create a sense of mood. Lighting is particularly important for outdoor spaces that you want to be in in the evening or at night.
- Furniture and accessories — Furniture and accessories can be used to augment the style to the landscape. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Maplewood, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Hardscaping Near Me
Landscape Design Near Me in Maplewood, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Maplewood, MO landscape designer can help you achieve your goals. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned a great reputation in our local Maplewood, MO community for our over two and a half decades in business. Our group of designers and horticulture professionals work in collaboration on every yard in order to provide each customer with the perfect plan to fit their needs, preferences, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.