Turning Your Dreams Into Reality
Landscape design near me in Des Peres, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may have just got done looking up, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has been turning Des Peres, MO homeowners' dreams into reality for over two and a half decades. Our experienced team of designers and horticulturists are creative and consistently come up with ideas and solutions others don't. We ask our clients to "think big," and then do what we do best to turn your preferences into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Des Peres, MO, reach out to Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us through our website.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in Des Peres, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy the upkeep of their gardens and plants, there are myriad reasons to hire a professional for your project. Here are a few reasons why:
- Design proficiency — Landscape designers have the education and experience to design attractive, practical outdoor spaces that bridge your needs and preferences by thinking outside the box and create a one-of-a-kind landscape design.
- Property evaluation — Professional designers can evaluate your yard and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, bearing in mind factors like sun exposure, what the soil is like or the best soil to use, and drainage. Des Peres, MO property owners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to come up with a practical budget for your project and find ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and wasted time. They have the experience to marry your tastes and needs with your budget.
- Project management — Permits, working with a homeowners' association, and construction can be a hassle. A professional designer can manage all that on your behalf. They can manage the entire process, from design to installation, and give you peace of mind that everything is done the right way.
- Enhance curb appeal — A well-designed landscape can make your house worth a lot more. A professional landscape designer design and create a landscape that is attractive, functional, and sustainable. They can help you choose plants, materials, and features that will improve your home's overall value.
While many Des Peres, MO homeowners enjoy working on their yard, any time you're making major updates to your property, the help of a professional is invaluable.
How to Find a Local Des Peres, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of hiring a professional Des Peres, MO landscape designer, you need to know how to pick the best one near you. Below are some things to consider:
- Ask around — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for recommendations of landscape designers they've worked with in the past.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can give you a feel for how happy previous customers are with their work.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a great time to meet with local designers, see their work, and ask about how they work.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has received awards for their landscaping and has a hard-earned, positive reputation locally.
- Look at their previous projects — If a landscaper designer has done great work in the best, they should be proud to display it online. Look at the work they've done on other Des Peres, MO homes and see if they're a good fit for what you're looking for.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've been awarded 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Des Peres, MO
Landscape design requires a careful balance of aesthetics, ecology, and practicality. The principles of landscape design can be broken down into several key elements, including:
- Unity — Unity is the principle of design that unifies all the other principles. This includes the use of similar materials, colors, and textures throughout your yard.
- Balance — Balance is the concept of creating a sense of equilibrium in the landscape. This can be achieved through the implementation of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by taking into account the visual weight of each element in the space.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of elements in the landscape. This includes taking into account how big or small both individual elements and the entire space are.
- Rhythm — Rhythm is the principle of creating a sense of movement in the landscape. A professional designer can do this through the implementation of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast is the principle of creating a sense of visual interest in the landscape. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a dynamic landscape.
Designing for Ecology
In addition to the principles of landscape design, it's a good idea to consider how the design will interact with other organic lifeforms. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, having appropriate drainage, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can create a sustainable landscape that enhances the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
Another key consideration when designing a landscape is functionality. This includes factoring in how the space will be used, and designing it to meet those needs. For instance, if you want to invite over friends, family, and neighbors for a barbeque, you might consider how your landscape can help guide guests through your Des Peres, MO yard. If you'd rather have a quiet place to stargaze or enjoy a glass of wine, you could think about which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, a well-designed landscape will be installed with maintenance in mind. This includes choosing plants and materials that are easy to maintain. By prioritizing maintenance considerations, you can create an inviting and practical outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Important Elements in Des Peres, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over key concepts in landscape design, let's go through some of the key elements that are often used in landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are one of the most important elements of any landscape design. They provide color, texture, and shape, and can be utilized to create a variety of different effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to take into account shade and sun exposure, soil type, and how water will irrigate the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to non-organic or human-made objects and structures, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to create structures that add visual interest and functionality to the space, including:
- Water features — Water elements, such as in-ground pools, waterfalls, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of calm in your yard. They can also attract local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key elements in the landscape, and is also useful for ambiance. This is particularly important for outdoor spaces that you want to be in when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Furniture and accessories can be used to augment the style to the landscape. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Des Peres, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Landscape Design Near Me in Des Peres, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Des Peres, MO landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned a great reputation in our local Des Peres, MO community for our more than 25 years designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work as a team on every project in order to provide each client with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.