Award-Winning Landscape Design & Construction
Landscape design near me in Harvester, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has been turning Harvester, MO homeowners' dreams into reality for over two and a half decades. Our expert team of designers and horticulturists are creative and consistently come up with ideas and solutions others don't. We ask our clients to imagine the possibilities for your yard, and then do what we do best to turn your preferences into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Harvester, MO, reach out to Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us through our website.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in Harvester, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy working on their yard, there are myriad benefits to working with a professional Harvester, MO landscape designer. Below are a few reasons why:
- Design prowess — Landscape designers have the skills and experience to conjure up inviting, practical outdoor spaces that marry your needs and preferences by thinking outside the box and create a one-of-a-kind landscape design.
- Site evaluation — Professional landscapers can evaluate your property and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, factoring in things such as shade, what the soil is like or the best soil to use, and drainage. Harvester, MO homeowners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to set a realistic budget for your project and find ways to make the most of your investment. A professional landscape designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and wasted time. They have the knowledge to plan and design a landscape that meets your needs and budget.
- Project management — From acquiring permits to overseeing construction and working with a homeowners' association, a professional designer can handle all aspects of your project, ensuring a smooth and stress-free experience. They can manage the entire process, from design to construction, and give you peace of mind that everything is carried out correctly and on time.
- Enhance property value — A well-designed landscape can make your house worth a lot more. A professional landscape designer can help you create a landscape that is attractive, functional, and sustainable. They can help you select plants, materials, and structures that will enhance your home's overall value.
While many Harvester, MO homeowners enjoy working on their yard, whenever you're making major updates to your property, the help of a professional is a must.
How to Choose the Best Local Harvester, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that we've gone over the benefits of hiring a professional Harvester, MO landscape designer, you need to know how to pick the best one near you. The following are some things to consider:
- Ask around — Ask people who've had landscape work done in the area for referrals to anyone who worked on their yard.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp show ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a great opportunity to meet with local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask about their designs.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their landscaping and has a hard-earned, positive reputation in their community.
- Review their previous projects — If a landscaper designer does good work, they'll likely be eager to display it on their website. Look at their previous projects in Harvester, MO and see if they fit your standards and taste.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer care. We've earned 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Harvester, MO
Landscape design requires the optimization of a variety of factors, including aesthetics, ecology, and practicality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several important elements, including:
- Unity — Unity is the concept of design that unifies all the other principles. This includes the use of similar materials, colors, and textures throughout the space.
- Balance — Balance is the principle of creating a sense of equilibrium in the landscape. This can be achieved through the utilization of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by factoring in the visual weight of the plants and structures in your outdoor space.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of elements in the design. This includes considering the size of the space and the size of each of the elements.
- Rhythm — Rhythm is the principle of creating a sense of movement in the landscape. This can be achieved through the use of repetitive patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to objects that are close together being noticeably different from each other. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create an engaging landscape.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the principles of landscape design, it's a good idea to consider how the design will interact with the environment. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, having appropriate drainage, and creating habitats for local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can have a environmentally friendly landscape that enhances the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also need to prioritize functionality. This includes considering your intentions for the space, and designing it accordingly. For example, if you want to invite over friends, family, and neighbors for grilling, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help guide guests around your Harvester, MO yard. If you'd rather have a quiet place to stargaze or enjoy a glass of wine, you could think about which trees and structures block others from viewing your yard.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, it is important to think about the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes plantings and construction that minimize the need for consistent upkeep. By prioritizing maintenance considerations, you can create an inviting and functional outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Important Elements in Harvester, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over the principles of landscape design, let's take a closer look at some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are one of the most important elements of any landscape design. They provide color, texture, and shape, and can be utilized to create numerous different effects. When picking the plants you'd like to use, it is important to consider factors such as sunlight, the type of soil, and water availability.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to non-organic or human-made objects and structures, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to create structures that contribute to the visual elements and functionality of your yard, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, waterfalls, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of relaxation in the landscape. They can also draw local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key features in the landscape, and can also be used to create a sense of ambiance. This is essential for outdoor spaces that you want to be in when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to add personality to your yard. They can also be used to create functional spaces for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Harvester, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Hardscaping Near Me
Landscape Design Near Me in Harvester, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you want to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Harvester, MO landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Harvester, MO neighborhoods for our over two and a half decades designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work in collaboration on every project in order to provide each homeowner with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.