Enhancing Your Outdoor Living Space
Landscape design near me in St. Louis, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped St. Louis, MO homeowners get the outdoor living spaces of their dreams for more than two and a half decades. Our amazing team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and consistently come up with ideas and solutions others don't. We dare you to "think big," and then do what we do best to turn your tastes into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in St. Louis, MO, reach out to Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us through our website.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in St. Louis, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy the maintenance of their gardens and trees, there are myriad reasons to hire a professional for your project. Below are a few reasons why:
- Design prowess — Landscape designers have the education and experience to design alluring, functional outdoor spaces that bridge your unique needs with your tastes by bringing new and creative concepts to the table.
- Property evaluation — Professional designers can evaluate your yard and determine the best use of space, considering factors like sun exposure, soil quality, and drainage. St. Louis, MO property owners may not be familiar with types of irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to come up with a practical budget for your project and come up with ways to make the most of your investment. A professional landscape designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and wasted time. They have the knowledge to marry your preferences and needs with your budget.
- Project management — Permits, dealing with HOAs, and construction can be a nuisance. A professional designer can handle all that for you. They can oversee the entire project, from design to installation, and give you peace of mind that everything is done the right way.
- Enhance curb appeal — A well-designed landscape can significantly increase the value of your property. A professional landscape designer design and install a landscape that will make people want to live one your property. They can help you pick out plants, materials, and structures that will enhance your property's curb appeal.
While many St. Louis, MO homeowners enjoy working on their yard, whenever you're making major updates to your property, the help of a professional is invaluable.
How to Pich the Best Local St. Louis, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that we've gone over the benefits of hiring a professional St. Louis, MO landscape designer, the next part is to find the right designer for your project. Below are some tips to help you get started:
- Ask for referrals — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for recommendations of landscape designers they've worked with in the past.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp show ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These events are a perfect opportunity to talk to local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their landscaping and has a hard-earned, positive reputation in their community.
- Review their previous work — If a landscaper designer has done great work in the best, they'll likely be eager to display it on their website. Look at their previous projects in St. Louis, MO and see if they fit your standards and taste.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've earned 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in St. Louis, MO
Landscape design requires a thoughtful marriage of aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several key elements, including:
- Unity — Unity is the concept of creating a holistic design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This can include the use of similar materials, colors, and textures throughout the space.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. This can be achieved through the utilization of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by taking into account the visual weight of the plants and structures in your yard.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of elements in the landscape. This can be achieved by considering the size of each element in relation to other elements in the space, as well as the overall size of the space itself.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to the relationship of the elements to each other and how they interact together. A professional designer can do this through the implementation of repetitive patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to objects that are close together being noticeably different from each other. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a dynamic landscape.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the principles of landscape design, it's a good idea to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, limiting water use, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can have a sustainable landscape that enhances the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also want to prioritize functionality. This includes considering how the space will be used, and designing it to meet those needs. For instance, if you want to invite over friends, family, and neighbors for grilling, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help usher guests through your St. Louis, MO yard. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could think about which trees and structures block others from viewing your yard.
Designing for Maintenance
Lastly, it is crucial to consider the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes plantings and construction that are easy to maintain. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create an inviting and practical outdoor space that is easy to care for over the long term.
Key Elements in St. Louis, MO Landscape Design
Now that we have explored the principles of landscape design, let's consider some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be used to create a variety of different effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to take into account shade and sun exposure, the type of soil, and how water will reach the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to create structures that contribute to the visual elements and functionality of your outdoor space, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of peace in the landscape. They can also attract local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key features in the landscape, and is also useful for ambiance. Lighting is particularly important for outdoor spaces that are used in the evening or at night.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to add style to your yard. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in St. Louis, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Hardscaping Near Me
Landscape Design Near Me in St. Louis, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional St. Louis, MO landscape designer can help you achieve your goals. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local St. Louis, MO neighborhoods for our more than 25 years in business. Our group of designers and horticulture professionals work in concert with each other on every landscape in order to provide each client with the perfect plan to fit their needs, preferences, and the needs of the site while using style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.