Turning Your Dreams Into Reality
Landscape design near me in St. Peters, MO. If you want to transform your backyard into a breathtaking and functional landscape, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped St. Peters, MO homeowners get the outdoor living spaces of their dreams for more than 25 years. Our amazing team of designers and horticulturists are creative and consistently come up with ideas and solutions others don't. We dare you to "think big," and then use our expertise to turn your tastes into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in St. Peters, MO, reach out to Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs online.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in St. Peters, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy working on their own landscaping projects, there are numerous benefits to working with a professional St. Peters, MO landscape designer. Here are a few reasons why:
- Design proficiency — Landscape designers have the skills and abilities to conjure up beautiful, practical landscapes that bridge your needs and tastes based on unique features that you may not have thought of before.
- Property evaluation — Professional landscapers can evaluate your outdoor space and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, taking into account factors such as sun exposure, soil type, and drainage. St. Peters, MO property owners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to come up with a realistic budget for your project and find ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and wasted time. They have the experience to plan and design a landscape that meets your needs and budget.
- Project management — From acquiring permits to overseeing construction and working with a homeowners' association, a professional designer can handle all aspects of your project, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience. They can manage the entire project, from design to installation, and make sure that everything is carried out correctly and on time.
- Increase curb appeal — An optimally designed landscape can considerably increase how much your home is worth. A professional landscape designer design and install a landscape that will make people want to live one your property. They can help you select plants, materials, and features that will improve your home's curb appeal.
While many St. Peters, MO property owners rightly consider themselves "green thumbs," any time you're redesigning your entire outdoor space, the experience, knowledge, and abilities of a professional is a must.
How to Choose the Best Local St. Peters, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of hiring a professional St. Peters, MO landscape designer, the next step is to find the right designer for your project. Here are some pointers to help you get started:
- Ask around — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for referrals to anyone who worked on their yard.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp show ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a perfect opportunity to talk to local designers, see their portfolio, and ask about their designs.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their designs and has an exceptional reputation in the area.
- Review their previous work — If a landscaper designer does good work, they should be proud to display it online. Look at the work they've done on other St. Peters, MO homes and see if they fit your standards and taste.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer service. We've earned 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in St. Peters, MO
Landscape design requires the optimization of a variety of factors, including aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several key elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the idea of design that unifies all the other principles. This can include the use of similar materials, colors, and textures throughout your outdoor space.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. A landscape designer can do this through the use of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by considering the visual weight of the plants and structures in your yard.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of plants and structures in the landscape. This can be achieved by taking into account the size of each element in relation to other elements in the space, as well as the overall size of the space itself.
- Rhythm — Rhythm is the principle of creating a sense of movement in the landscape. This can be achieved through the use of repetitive patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a dynamic space.
Designing for Ecology
In addition to the principles of landscape design, it's a good idea to consider how the design will interact with other organic lifeforms. This includes using native plants and materials, having appropriate drainage, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By prioritizing ecology, you can create a sustainable landscape that improves the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
Another key consideration when designing a landscape is how you can use the space practically. This includes considering how the space will be used, and designing it accordingly. For instance, if you want to invite over friends, family, and neighbors for a barbeque, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help guide guests around your St. Peters, MO outdoor property. If you'd rather have a quiet place to stargaze or enjoy a glass of wine, you could think about which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, it is important to think about the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes plantings and construction that are easy to maintain. By prioritizing maintenance considerations, you can create a beautiful and practical outdoor space that is easy to care for over the long term.
Important Elements in St. Peters, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over the principles of landscape design, let's go through some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are one of the most important elements of any landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be utilized to create a variety of different effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to take into account sunlight, the type of soil, and how water will reach the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to non-organic or human-made objects and structures, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping is utilized to create structures that contribute to the visual elements and functionality of the space, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can contribute to a sense of calm in your yard. They can also attract local wildlife to add more life to your property.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key features in the landscape, and is also useful for ambiance. Lighting is particularly important for outdoor spaces that you want to be in when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Furniture and accessories can be used to add style to your yard. They can also be used to create functional spaces for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in St. Peters, MO include:
- Custom Hot Tubs
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
Landscape Design Near Me in St. Peters, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional St. Peters, MO landscape designer can help you achieve your goals. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned a great reputation in our local St. Peters, MO neighborhoods for our more than two and a half decades in business. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work in collaboration on every yard in order to provide each customer with the perfect plan to fit their needs, preferences, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.