Enhancing Your Outdoor Living Space
Landscape design near me in Lake St Louis, MO. If you're looking to turn your yard into an attractive and functional landscape, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped Lake St Louis, MO homeowners get the outdoor living spaces they've always wanted for more than two and a half decades. Our amazing team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and consistently come up with ideas and solutions others don't. We ask our clients to "think big," and then do what we do best to turn your preferences into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Lake St Louis, MO, reach out to Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs through our website.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in Lake St Louis, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy working on their yard, there are myriad reasons to hire a professional for your landscaping needs. The following are just a few reasons to consider hiring a professional in Lake St Louis, MO:
- Design expertise — Landscape designers have the training and experience to create beautiful, practical yards that pair your needs and tastes based on unique designs that you may not have thought of previously.
- Site analysis — Professional landscapers can analyze your property and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, factoring in things such as sun exposure, soil type, and irrigation. Lake St Louis, MO property owners may not be familiar with types of irrigation systems or drainage solutions their yard may require.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to come up with a practical budget for your project and come up with ways to make the most of your investment. A professional landscape designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and wasted time. They have the knowledge to pair your preferences and needs with your budget.
- Project management — Permits, working with HOAs, and construction can be a nuisance. A professional designer can manage all that on your behalf. They can manage the entire project, from design to construction, and make sure that everything is carried out correctly and on time.
- Enhance property value — A well-designed landscape can considerably increase how much your home is worth. A professional landscape designer can help you create a landscape that is attractive, functional, and sustainable. They can help you choose plants, materials, and features that will improve your home's overall value.
While many Lake St Louis, MO property owners enjoy working on their yard, any time you're redesigning your entire landscape, the experience, knowledge, and skill of a professional is a must.
How to Pich the Best Local Lake St Louis, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of contracting a professional Lake St Louis, MO landscape designer, the next part is to find the right designer for your landscaping. The following are some pointers to help you get started:
- Ask around — Ask people who've had landscape work done in the area for recommendations of landscape designers they've worked with in the past.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp show ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These events are a perfect opportunity to meet with local designers, see their portfolio, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has received awards for their work and has a hard-earned, positive reputation in the area.
- Review their previous projects — If a landscaper designer does good work, they should be proud to display it on their website. Look at their previous projects in Lake St Louis, MO and see if they're a good fit for what you want.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer service. We've earned 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Lake St Louis, MO
Landscape design requires a thoughtful marriage of aesthetics, ecology, and practicality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several key elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the concept of making a comprehensive design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This includes the use of the same colors and textures throughout the space.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. This can be achieved through the use of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by factoring in the visual weight of each element in your outdoor space.
- Proportion — Proportion is the principle of creating a sense of scale in the design. This can be achieved by taking into account the size of the space and the size of each of the elements.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to interval-repeating elements. A professional designer can do this through the implementation of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to objects that are close together being noticeably different from each other. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create an engaging landscape.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the above principles, it is important to consider how the design will interact with the environment. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, limiting water use, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By prioritizing ecology, you can have a environmentally friendly landscape that improves the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also want to prioritize functionality. This includes factoring in how the space will be used, and designing it accordingly. For instance, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you might consider how your landscape can help usher guests around your Lake St Louis, MO yard. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could look at which trees and structures block others from viewing your yard.
Designing for Maintenance
Lastly, it is crucial to consider the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes choosing plants and materials that are easy to maintain. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create a beautiful and practical outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Important Elements in Lake St Louis, MO Landscape Design
Now that we have explored the principles of landscape design, let's take a closer look at some of the key elements that are often used in landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be arranged in a way to create numerous different effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to take into account shade and sun exposure, soil type, and how water will irrigate the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to create structures that add visual interest and functionality to your yard, including:
- Water features — Water elements, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can contribute to a sense of relaxation in your yard. They can also draw local wildlife to add more life to your property.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key elements in the landscape, and is also useful for mood. This is essential for outdoor spaces that are used in the evening or at night.
- Furniture and accessories — Furniture and accessories can be used to augment the personality to your yard. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Lake St Louis, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Landscape Design Near Me in Lake St Louis, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you want to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Lake St Louis, MO landscape designer can help you achieve your goals. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned a great reputation in our local Lake St Louis, MO neighborhoods for our more than 25 years in business. Our group of designers and horticulture professionals work in collaboration on every landscape in order to provide each homeowner with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.