Enhancing Your Outdoor Living Space
Landscape design near me in St. Charles, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has been turning St. Charles, MO homeowners' dreams into reality for over 25 years. Our experienced team of designers and horticulturists are creative and consistently come up with ideas and solutions others don't. We ask our clients to imagine the possibilities for your yard, and then use our skills to turn your tastes into the yard of your dreams. For landscape design "near me" in St. Charles, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project through our website.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in St. Charles, MO?
While many homeowners take pleasure in working on their yard, there are numerous reasons to hire a professional for your landscaping needs. Here are just a few reasons to trust in a professional in St. Charles, MO:
- Design proficiency — Landscape designers have the training and abilities to conjure up attractive, functional landscapes that pair your unique needs with your tastes by bringing new and creative ideas to the table.
- Site analysis — Professional landscapers can assess your yard and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, considering factors such as sun exposure, what the soil is like or the best soil to use, and drainage. St. Charles, MO property owners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their landscaping may require.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to set a practical budget for your project and come up with ways to make the most of your investment. A professional landscape designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and wasted time. They have the knowledge to pair your preferences and needs with your budget.
- Project management — Permits, dealing with a homeowners' association, and construction can be a nuisance. A professional designer can handle all that for you. They can manage the entire process, from design to implementation, and ensure that everything is carried out the right way.
- Boost property value — A well-designed landscape can significantly increase the value of your property. A professional landscape designer can help you create a landscape that will make people want to live in your home. They can help you select plants, materials, and features that will enhance your property's curb appeal.
While many St. Charles, MO homeowners rightly think of themselves as "green thumbs," whenever you're making major improvements to your property, the help of a professional is a must.
How to Pich the Best Local St. Charles, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that we've gone over the benefits of hiring a professional St. Charles, MO landscape designer, you need to know how to pick the best one near you. The following are some things to consider:
- Ask around — Ask people who've had landscape work done in the area for referrals to anyone who worked on their yard.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp show ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a perfect opportunity to talk to local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask about what they do.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their landscaping and has a stellar reputation in the area.
- Review their previous projects — If a landscaper designer does good work, they'll likely be eager to display it on their website. Look at their previous projects in St. Charles, MO and see if they're a good fit for what you want.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer service. We've earned 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
You can check out our client testimonials here, or check out our gallery and previous projects.
Principles of Landscape Design in St. Charles, MO
Landscape design requires a careful balance of aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be broken down into several important elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the concept of design that unifies all the other principles. This includes the use of the same colors and textures throughout your yard.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. A landscape designer can do this through the use of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by factoring in the visual weight of each element in your outdoor space.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of elements in the landscape. This can be achieved by taking into account the size of each element in relation to other elements in the space, as well as the overall size of the space itself.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to the relationship of the elements to each other and how they interact together. A professional designer can do this through the use of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to objects that are close together being noticeably different from each other. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create an engaging landscape.
Designing for Ecology
In addition to the above principles, you need to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using native plants and materials, minimizing water use, and creating habitats for local wildlife. By prioritizing ecology, you can have a environmentally friendly landscape that improves the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also need to prioritize how you can use the space practically. This includes considering how the space will be used, and designing it to meet those needs. For example, if you want to invite over friends, family, and neighbors for grilling, you might consider how your landscape can help usher guests through your St. Charles, MO yard. If you'd rather have a quiet place to stargaze or enjoy a glass of wine, you could look at which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, a well-designed landscape will be installed with maintenance in mind. This includes choosing plants and materials that are easy to maintain. By prioritizing maintenance considerations, you can create an inviting and practical outdoor space that is easy to care for over the long term.
Important Elements in St. Charles, MO Landscape Design
Now that we have explored key concepts in landscape design, let's go through some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be utilized to create a variety of lovely effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to consider factors such as shade and sun exposure, the type of soil, and how water will irrigate the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to create structures that add visual interest and functionality to the space, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, waterfalls, ponds, and streams, can contribute to a sense of relaxation in your outdoor space. They can also draw local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key elements in the landscape, and can also be used to create a sense of mood. This is specifically important for outdoor spaces that are used when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to add style to your yard. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in St. Charles, MO include:
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
Landscape Design Near Me in St. Charles, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional St. Charles, MO landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned a great reputation in our local St. Charles, MO community for our more than two and a half decades designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our group of designers and horticulture professionals work as a team on every project in order to provide each customer with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while using style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.