Enhancing Your Outdoor Living Space
Landscape design near me in Olivette, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may have just got done searching, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped Olivette, MO homeowners get the outdoor living spaces they've always wanted for over 25 years. Our expert team of designers and horticulturists are creative and innovative. We ask our clients to "think big," and then use our skills to turn your preferences into the yard of your dreams. For landscape design "near me" in Olivette, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs through our website.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Olivette, MO Landscape Designer
While many homeowners take pleasure in working on their yard, there are numerous benefits to working with a professional Olivette, MO landscape designer. The following are a few reasons why:
- Design proficiency — Landscape designers have the skills and abilities to conjure up attractive, practical outdoor spaces that marry your needs and tastes based on unique designs that you may not have thought of before.
- Property analysis — Professional landscapers can evaluate your yard and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, factoring in things like shade, what the soil is like or the best soil to use, and drainage. Olivette, MO homeowners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can help you create a pragmatic budget for your landscaping and come up with ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to repair. They have the experience to pair your tastes and needs with your budget.
- Project management — From acquiring permits to overseeing construction and working with an HOA, a professional designer can handle all aspects of your project, ensuring a smooth and stress-free experience. They can oversee the entire process, from design to installation, and give you peace of mind that everything is carried out the right way.
- Boost property value — A well-designed landscape can make your property worth a lot more. A professional landscape designer can help you create a landscape that is attractive, functional, and sustainable. They can help you select plants, materials, and structures that will improve your home's overall value.
While many Olivette, MO homeowners enjoy working on their yard, any time you're redesigning your entire landscape, the help of a professional is a must.
How to Pich the Best Local Olivette, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of hiring a professional Olivette, MO landscape designer, you need to know how to pick the best one near you. Below are some tips to help you get started:
- Ask around — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for referrals to anyone who worked on their landscaping.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can give you a feel for how happy previous customers are with their work.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These events are a great opportunity to talk to local designers, see their work, and ask about their designs.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their work and has a hard-earned, positive reputation locally.
- Review their previous work — If a landscaper designer does good work, they should be proud to display it online. Look at the work they've done on other Olivette, MO homes and see if they're a good fit for what you want.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've earned 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
You can check out our client testimonials here, or check out our gallery and previous projects.
Principles of Landscape Design in Olivette, MO
Landscape design requires a thoughtful marriage of aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several crucial elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the idea of creating a cohesive design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This includes the use of similar materials, colors, and textures throughout the space.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. A landscape designer can attain this through the use of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by considering the visual weight of the plants and structures in your yard.
- Proportion — Proportion is the principle of creating a sense of scale in the landscape. This includes considering the size of the space and the size of each of the elements.
- Rhythm — Rhythm is the principle of creating a sense of movement in the landscape. This can be achieved through the implementation of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast is the principle of creating a sense of visual interest in the landscape. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a dynamic space.
Designing for Ecology
In addition to the principles of landscape design, you need to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, having appropriate drainage, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By prioritizing ecology, you can create a environmentally friendly landscape that enhances the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also want to prioritize how you can use the space practically. This includes considering your intentions for the space, and designing it to meet those needs. For example, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help guide guests around your Olivette, MO yard. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could think about which trees and structures block others from viewing your yard.
Designing for Maintenance
Lastly, a well-designed landscape will be installed with maintenance in mind. This includes plantings and construction that minimize the need for consistent upkeep. By prioritizing maintenance considerations, you can create an inviting and practical outdoor space that is easy to care for over the long term.
Important Elements in Olivette, MO Landscape Design
Now that we have explored the principles of landscape design, let's take a closer look at some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are one of the most important elements of any landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be used to create a variety of lovely effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to take into account shade and sun exposure, soil type, and water availability.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to non-organic or human-made objects and structures, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to create structures that add visual interest and functionality to your outdoor space, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can contribute to a sense of tranquility in the landscape. They can also attract local wildlife to add more life to your property.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting is important for highlighting key elements in the landscape, and is also useful for ambiance. This is particularly important for outdoor spaces that are used in the evening or at night.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to augment the style to the landscape. They can also be used to create functional spaces for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Olivette, MO include:
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
- Shade Trees
- Outdoor Home Improvement
Landscape Design Near Me in Olivette, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you want to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Olivette, MO landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Olivette, MO community for our more than two and a half decades designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work in concert with each other on every landscape in order to provide each homeowner with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while using style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.