Award-Winning Landscape Design & Construction
Landscape design near me in Westwood, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has been turning Westwood, MO homeowners' dreams into reality for more than 25 years. Our experienced team of designers and horticulturists are creative and consistently come up with ideas and solutions others don't. We ask our clients to imagine the possibilities for your yard, and then do what we do best to turn your preferences into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Westwood, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Advantages of Hiring a Professional Westwood, MO Landscape Designer
While many homeowners take pleasure in working on their yard, there are numerous reasons to hire a professional for your project. Here are just a few reasons to trust in a professional in Westwood, MO:
- Design prowess — Landscape designers have the skills and experience to design alluring, functional yards that pair your unique needs with your preferences by bringing new and creative ideas to the table.
- Property evaluation — Professional designers can evaluate your property and determine the best use of space, bearing in mind factors like shade, what the soil is like or the best soil to use, and irrigation. Westwood, MO homeowners may not be familiar with types of irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can help you create a pragmatic budget for your project and find ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to fix. They have the knowledge to pair your preferences and needs with your budget.
- Project management — Permits, dealing with a homeowners' association, and construction can be a hassle. A professional designer can handle all that on your behalf. They can oversee the entire process, from design to implementation, and make sure that everything is carried out correctly and on time.
- Boost property value — An optimally designed landscape can considerably increase the value of your property. A professional landscape designer can help you create a landscape that is attractive, functional, and sustainable. They can help you select plants, materials, and structures that will enhance your property's curb appeal.
While many Westwood, MO property owners enjoy working on their yard, whenever you're making major improvements to your property, the help of a professional is a must.
How to Find a Local Westwood, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that we've gone over the benefits of hiring a professional Westwood, MO landscape designer, the next step is to find the right designer for your project. The following are some tips to help you get started:
- Ask for referrals — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for referrals to anyone who worked on their landscaping.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can give you a feel for how happy previous customers are with their work.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a great opportunity to talk to local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has received awards for their designs and has a hard-earned, positive reputation in their community.
- Review their previous work — If a landscaper designer has done great work in the best, they'll likely want to to display it online. Look at their previous projects in Westwood, MO and see if they're a good fit for what you want.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer care. We've earned 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Westwood, MO
Landscape design requires a careful balance of aesthetics, ecology, and practicality. The principles of landscape design can be broken down into several key elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the principle of design that unifies all the other principles. This can include the use of the same colors and textures throughout your yard.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. A landscape designer can do this through the utilization of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by factoring in the visual weight of the plants and structures in the space.
- Proportion — Proportion is the principle of creating a sense of scale in the landscape. This can be achieved by taking into account how big or small both individual elements and the entire space are.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to interval-repeating elements. This can be achieved through the use of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create an engaging space.
Designing for Ecology
In addition to the above principles, it is important to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using native plants and materials, minimizing water use, and creating habitats for local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can have a sustainable landscape that enhances the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also need to prioritize how you can use the space practically. This includes factoring in your intentions for your yard, and designing it accordingly. For instance, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help usher guests around your Westwood, MO outdoor property. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could think about which trees and structures block others from viewing your yard.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, a well-designed landscape will be installed with maintenance in mind. This includes choosing plants and materials that minimize the need for consistent upkeep. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create an inviting and practical outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Important Elements in Westwood, MO Landscape Design
Now that we have explored key concepts in landscape design, let's consider some of the key elements that are often used in landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, texture, and shape, and can be utilized to create numerous different effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to consider factors such as sunlight, the type of soil, and water availability.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping is utilized to make structures that contribute to the visual elements and functionality of the space, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of calm in your yard. They can also attract local wildlife to add more life to your property.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key elements in the landscape, and can also be used to create a sense of ambiance. Lighting is essential for outdoor spaces that you want to be in in the evening or at night.
- Furniture and accessories — Furniture and accessories can be used to augment the style to the landscape. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Westwood, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Hardscaping Near Me
Landscape Design Near Me in Westwood, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you want a private place to stargaze or a large space to entertain, working with a professional Westwood, MO landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Westwood, MO community for our over two and a half decades designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our group of designers and horticulture professionals work in concert with each other on every landscape in order to provide each customer with the perfect plan to fit their needs, preferences, and the needs of the site while using style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.