Award-Winning Landscape Design & Construction
Landscape design near me in St. Albans, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may have just got done searching, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has been turning St. Albans, MO homeowners' dreams into reality for over 25 years. Our experienced team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and innovative. We challenge you to "think big," and then use our skills to turn your tastes into the yard of your dreams. For landscape design "near me" in St. Albans, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us through our website.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in St. Albans, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy working on their own landscaping projects, there are numerous reasons to hire a professional for your landscaping needs. The following are a few reasons why:
- Design expertise — Landscape designers have the education and abilities to envision beautiful, functional landscapes that marry your needs and preferences by thinking outside the box and create a one-of-a-kind landscape design.
- Property evaluation — Professional landscapers can analyze your property and determine the best use of space, factoring in things like sun exposure, soil quality, and drainage. St. Albans, MO property owners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their landscaping may require.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to come up with a feasible budget for your landscaping and find ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and wasted time. They have the knowledge to plan and design a landscape that meets your needs and budget.
- Project management — Permits, working with HOAs, and construction can be a hassle. A professional designer can manage all that for you. They can oversee the entire process, from design to installation, and leave you confident that everything is carried out the right way.
- Boost curb appeal — An optimally designed landscape can make your property worth a lot more. A professional landscape designer can offer you a landscape that other people will wish were theirs. They can help you pick plants, materials, and features that will enhance your property's overall value.
While many St. Albans, MO homeowners enjoy working on their yard, whenever you're redesigning your entire yard, the help of a professional is a must.
How to Find a Local St. Albans, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that we've gone over the benefits of contracting a professional St. Albans, MO landscape designer, the next part is to find the right designer for your project. Here are some pointers to help you get started:
- Ask around — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for referrals to anyone who worked on their landscaping.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp show ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a perfect time to talk to local designers, see their work, and ask about how they work.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their landscaping and has a stellar reputation in the area.
- Look at their previous work — If a landscaper designer has designed beautiful and functional landscapes before, they should be proud to display it online. Look at their previous projects in St. Albans, MO and see if they fit your standards and taste.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer care. We've won 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in St. Albans, MO
Landscape design requires a thoughtful marriage of aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several crucial elements, including:
- Unity — Unity is the idea of design that unifies all the other principles. This can include the use of the same colors and textures throughout your outdoor space.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. This can be achieved through the use of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by factoring in the visual weight of each element in the space.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of plants and structures in the design. This includes taking into account the size of the space and the size of each of the elements.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to the relationship of the elements to each other and how they interact together. This can be achieved through the implementation of repetitive patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a dynamic space.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the principles of landscape design, it is important to consider how the design will interact with other organic lifeforms. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, having appropriate drainage, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By prioritizing ecology, you can create a environmentally friendly landscape that improves the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also need to prioritize how you can use the space practically. This includes factoring in your intentions for your yard, and designing it accordingly. For instance, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help guide guests through your St. Albans, MO yard. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could look at which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Lastly, it is crucial to think about the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes plantings and construction that minimize the need for ongoing upkeep. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create a beautiful and practical outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Key Elements in St. Albans, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over key concepts in landscape design, let's go through some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be used to create numerous lovely effects. When picking the plants you'd like to use, it is important to consider factors such as sunlight, the type of soil, and how water will reach the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to non-organic or human-made objects and structures, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping is utilized to create structures that add visual interest and functionality to your outdoor space, including:
- Water features — Water elements, such as in-ground pools, waterfalls, ponds, and streams, can contribute to a sense of calm in the landscape. They can also attract local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key elements in the landscape, and is also useful for mood. Lighting is specifically important for outdoor spaces that are used when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Furniture and accessories can be used to augment the personality to your yard. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in St. Albans, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Hardscaping Near Me
Landscape Design Near Me in St. Albans, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you want to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional St. Albans, MO landscape designer can help you achieve your goals. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned a great reputation in our local St. Albans, MO neighborhoods for our over 25 years designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work as a team on every yard in order to provide each customer with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.