Award-Winning Landscape Design & Construction
Landscape design near me in St. Louis County, MO. If you want to transform your outdoor space into an attractive and functional landscape, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has been turning St. Louis County, MO homeowners' dreams into reality for over 25 years. Our expert team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and innovative. We ask our clients to "think big," and then do what we do best to turn your tastes into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in St. Louis County, MO, reach out to Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs online.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in St. Louis County, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy working on their yard, there are myriad benefits to working with a professional St. Louis County, MO landscape designer. The following are a few reasons why:
- Design expertise — Landscape designers have the skills and experience to design alluring, pragmatic yards that pair your unique needs with your tastes by bringing new and creative concepts to the table.
- Property evaluation — Professional landscapers can analyze your property and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, factoring in things like sun exposure, soil type, and irrigation. St. Louis County, MO homeowners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to come up with a realistic budget for your landscaping and identify ways to make the most of your investment. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to repair. They have the expertise to pair your tastes and needs with your budget.
- Project management — Permits, working with HOAs, and construction can be a hassle. A professional designer can manage all that on your behalf. They can manage the entire process, from design to installation, and ensure that everything is carried out the right way.
- Enhance property value — A well-designed landscape can considerably increase how much your home is worth. A professional landscape designer can offer you a landscape that will make people want to live one your property. They can help you pick plants, materials, and structures that will improve your property's overall value.
While many St. Louis County, MO property owners enjoy working on their yard, whenever you're making major updates to your property, the help of a professional is invaluable.
How to Pich the Best Local St. Louis County, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of contracting a professional St. Louis County, MO landscape designer, the next step is to find the right designer for your landscaping. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Ask around — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for referrals to anyone who worked on their yard.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can give you a feel for how happy previous customers are with their work.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These events are a perfect opportunity to meet with local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask about how they work.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their landscaping and has an exceptional reputation in their community.
- Look at their previous work — If a landscaper designer does good work, they'll likely want to to display it on their website. Look at their previous projects in St. Louis County, MO and see if they're a good fit for what you're looking for.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've won 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in St. Louis County, MO
Landscape design requires a careful balance of aesthetics, ecology, and practicality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several key elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the principle of coming up with a cohesive design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This can include the use of similar materials, colors, and textures throughout your outdoor space.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. A landscape designer can do this through the use of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by factoring in the visual weight of each element in your outdoor space.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of elements in the landscape. This can be achieved by considering how big or small both individual elements and the entire space are.
- Rhythm — Rhythm is the principle of creating a sense of movement in the landscape. This can be achieved through the use of repeating patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast is the principle of creating a sense of visual interest in the landscape. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a dynamic space.
Designing for Ecology
In addition to the above concepts, you need to consider how the design will interact with other plants and animals. This includes using native plants and materials, minimizing water use, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can create a sustainable landscape that improves the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also need to prioritize how you can use the space practically. This includes factoring in your intentions for the space, and designing it accordingly. For instance, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help guide guests through your St. Louis County, MO yard. If you'd rather have a quiet place to stargaze or enjoy a glass of wine, you could think about which trees and structures block others from viewing your yard.
Designing for Maintenance
Lastly, it is crucial to think about the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes choosing plants and materials that minimize the need for consistent upkeep. By prioritizing maintenance considerations, you can create a beautiful and practical outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Key Elements in St. Louis County, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over the principles of landscape design, let's take a closer look at some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are one of the most important elements of any landscape design. They provide color, texture, and shape, and can be arranged in a way to create numerous different effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to take into account shade and sun exposure, the type of soil, and how water will irrigate the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping is utilized to create structures that add visual interest and functionality to your outdoor space, including:
- Water features — Water elements, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of peace in your yard. They can also attract local wildlife to add more life to your property.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key features in the landscape, and can also be used to create a sense of mood. Lighting is essential for outdoor spaces that are used when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to augment the style to the landscape. They can also be used to create functional spaces for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in St. Louis County, MO include:
- Custom Hot Tubs
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
Landscape Design Near Me in St. Louis County, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional St. Louis County, MO landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local St. Louis County, MO community for our over 25 years in business. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work as a team on every yard in order to provide each homeowner with the perfect plan to fit their needs, preferences, and the needs of the site while using style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.