Enhancing Your Outdoor Living Space
Landscape design near me in Crestwood, MO. If you want to turn your yard into a charming and functional landscape, you may have just got done searching, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped Crestwood, MO homeowners get the outdoor living spaces they've always wanted for over 25 years. Our exceptional team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and outside-the-box thinkers. We dare you to imagine the possibilities for your yard, and then use our expertise to turn your tastes into the yard of your dreams. For landscape design "near me" in Crestwood, MO, reach out to Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us through our website.
Advantages of Hiring a Professional Crestwood, MO Landscape Designer
While many homeowners enjoy working on their yard, there are many benefits to working with a professional Crestwood, MO landscape designer. Here are just a few reasons to trust in a professional in Crestwood, MO:
- Design proficiency — Landscape designers have the skills and experience to conjure up beautiful, pragmatic landscapes that pair your needs and preferences by thinking outside the box and create a one-of-a-kind landscape design.
- Site evaluation — Professional landscapers can evaluate your property and determine the best use of space, taking into account factors such as sun exposure, what the soil is like or the best soil to use, and drainage. Crestwood, MO homeowners may not be familiar with types of irrigation systems or drainage solutions their outdoor space may require.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to come up with a realistic budget for your project and find ways to make the most of your investment. A professional landscape designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and wasted time. They have the experience to plan and design a landscape that meets your needs and budget.
- Project management — Permits, dealing with a homeowners' association, and construction can be a nuisance. A professional designer can manage all that on your behalf. They can manage the entire process, from design to construction, and make sure that everything is carried out correctly and on time.
- Increase curb appeal — A well-designed landscape can make your property worth a lot more. A professional landscape designer can offer you a landscape that other people will wish were theirs. They can help you pick plants, materials, and features that will enhance your property's overall value.
While many Crestwood, MO homeowners rightly think of themselves as "green thumbs," whenever you're making major improvements to your property, the experience, knowledge, and abilities of a professional is invaluable.
How to Find a Local Crestwood, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of hiring a professional Crestwood, MO landscape designer, you need to know how to pick the best one near you. Here are some things to consider:
- Ask for referrals — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for recommendations of landscape designers they've worked with in the past.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp show ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These shows are a perfect time to talk to local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask about what they do.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has received awards for their landscaping and has an exceptional reputation locally.
- Review their previous projects — If a landscaper designer has done great work in the best, they'll likely be eager to display it on their website. Look at their previous projects in Crestwood, MO and see if they fit your standards and taste.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer service. We've earned 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Crestwood, MO
Landscape design requires the optimization of a variety of factors, including aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be categorized into several important elements, including:
- Unity — Unity is the principle of making a cohesive design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This includes the use of similar materials, colors, and textures throughout the space.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. This can be achieved through the use of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by considering the visual weight of each element in your outdoor space.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of elements in the design. This includes taking into account how big or small both individual elements and the entire space are.
- Rhythm — Rhythm is the principle of creating a sense of movement in the landscape. This can be achieved through the use of repetitive patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast is the principle of creating a sense of visual interest in the landscape. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create an engaging space.
Designing for Ecology
In addition to the principles of landscape design, you need to consider how the design will interact with other organic lifeforms. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, minimizing water use, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can create a environmentally friendly landscape that improves the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
Another key consideration when designing a landscape is how you can use the space practically. This includes factoring in your intentions for your yard, and designing it to meet those needs. For example, if you want to invite over friends, family, and neighbors for a barbeque, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help usher guests around your Crestwood, MO outdoor property. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could look at which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Lastly, it is important to think about the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes choosing plants and materials that are easy to maintain. By prioritizing maintenance considerations, you can create a beautiful and functional outdoor space that is easy to care for over the long term.
Key Elements in Crestwood, MO Landscape Design
Now that we have explored the principles of landscape design, let's go through some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, texture, and shape, and can be utilized to create a variety of different effects. When picking the plants you'd like to use, it is important to consider factors such as shade and sun exposure, the type of soil, and how water will reach the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to the use of non-living materials in the landscape, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to make structures that add visual interest and functionality to the space, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, waterfalls, ponds, and streams, can contribute to a sense of relaxation in your yard. They can also draw local wildlife to add more life to your property.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key elements in the landscape, and is also useful for mood. Lighting is essential for outdoor spaces that you want to be in when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to augment the personality to the landscape. They can also be used to create functional spaces for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Crestwood, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Landscape Design Near Me in Crestwood, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you're looking to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Crestwood, MO landscape designer can help you achieve your goals. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Crestwood, MO neighborhoods for our more than two and a half decades designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our group of designers and horticulture professionals work in concert with each other on every landscape in order to provide each homeowner with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.