Turning Your Dreams Into Reality
Landscape design near me in Town and Country, MO. If you're looking to turn your outdoor space into an alluring and functional landscape, you may have just got done typing, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has been turning Town and Country, MO homeowners' dreams into reality for over 25 years. Our exceptional team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and outside-the-box thinkers. We challenge you to imagine the possibilities for your yard, and then do what we do best to turn your preferences into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Town and Country, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Why Hire a Professional Landscape Designer in Town and Country, MO?
While many homeowners enjoy working on their own landscaping projects, there are myriad benefits to working with a professional Town and Country, MO landscape designer. The following are just a few reasons to trust in a professional in Town and Country, MO:
- Design expertise — Landscape designers have the education and experience to conjure up alluring, functional outdoor spaces that pair your unique needs with your preferences by bringing new and creative concepts to the table.
- Property analysis — Professional landscapers can analyze your outdoor space and figure out how to best take advantage of the space, factoring in things such as shade, what the soil is like or the best soil to use, and irrigation. Town and Country, MO property owners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to set a pragmatic budget for your landscaping and come up with ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to fix. They have the knowledge to pair your preferences and needs with your budget.
- Project management — From obtaining permits to overseeing construction and working with an HOA, a professional designer can handle all aspects of your project, ensuring a smooth and stress-free experience. They can oversee the entire project, from design to construction, and leave you confident that everything is carried out the right way.
- Increase property value — A well-designed landscape can considerably increase how much your home is worth. A professional landscape designer can offer you a landscape that will make people want to live in your home. They can help you select plants, materials, and structures that will improve your home's curb appeal.
While many Town and Country, MO homeowners enjoy working on their yard, any time you're making major improvements to your property, the help of a professional is a must.
How to Find a Local Town and Country, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of working with a professional Town and Country, MO landscape designer, the next step is to find the right designer for your landscaping. Below are some tips to help you get started:
- Ask around — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for referrals to anyone who worked on their yard.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp can give you a feel for how happy previous customers are with their work.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These events are a great time to talk to local designers, see their portfolio, and ask about what they do.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has earned awards for their landscaping and has a stellar reputation in their community.
- Review their previous projects — If a landscaper designer has done great work in the best, they'll likely be eager to display it on their website. Look at their previous projects in Town and Country, MO and see if they're a good fit for what you're looking for.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've been awarded 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Town and Country, MO
Landscape design requires a thoughtful marriage of aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be broken down into several important elements, including:
- Unity — Unity is the principle of design that unifies all the other principles. This can include the use of similar materials, colors, and textures throughout your yard.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. This can be achieved through the implementation of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by considering the visual weight of the plants and structures in your outdoor space.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of elements in the design. This includes considering how big or small both individual elements and the entire space are.
- Rhythm — Rhythm is the principle of creating a sense of movement in the landscape. A professional designer can do this through the implementation of repetitive patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a visually interesting landscape.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the above principles, it is important to consider how the design will interact with the environment. This includes using native plants and materials, having appropriate drainage, and creating habitats for local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can create a sustainable landscape that enhances the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
You and your professional designer will also want to prioritize how you can use the space practically. This includes considering how the space will be used, and designing it accordingly. For instance, if you want to invite over friends, family, and neighbors for grilling, you might consider how your landscape can help usher guests through your Town and Country, MO outdoor property. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could think about which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Lastly, it is crucial to consider the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes plantings and construction that minimize the need for ongoing upkeep. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create a beautiful and functional outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Important Elements in Town and Country, MO Landscape Design
Now that we have explored the principles of landscape design, let's go through some of the key elements that are often used in landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are one of the most important elements of any landscape design. They provide color, contrast, and rhythm, and can be used to create numerous lovely effects. When picking the plants you'd like to use, it is important to consider factors such as shade and sun exposure, soil type, and water availability.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to non-organic or human-made objects and structures, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to create structures that contribute to the visual elements and functionality of your yard, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, waterfalls, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of relaxation in your outdoor space. They can also attract local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key features in the landscape, and can also be used to create a sense of ambiance. Lighting is particularly important for outdoor spaces that are used in the evening or at night.
- Furniture and accessories — Furniture and accessories can be used to add personality to the landscape. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Town and Country, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Landscape Design Near Me in Town and Country, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you want to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Town and Country, MO landscape designer can help you achieve your goals. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Town and Country, MO neighborhoods for our over two and a half decades designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work as a team on every project in order to provide each homeowner with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.