Turning Your Dreams Into Reality
Landscape design near me in Ladue, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has helped Ladue, MO homeowners get the outdoor living spaces they've always wanted for more than two and a half decades. Our experienced team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and outside-the-box thinkers. We ask our clients to imagine the possibilities for your yard, and then do what we do best to turn your tastes into your vision. For landscape design "near me" in Ladue, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Ladue, MO Landscape Designer
While many homeowners take pleasure in working on their yard, there are many reasons to hire a professional for your landscaping needs. Here are a few reasons why:
- Design expertise — Landscape designers have the training and experience to create alluring, practical outdoor spaces that bridge your needs with what you have in mind.
- Site evaluation — Professional landscapers can assess your yard and determine the best use of space, taking into account factors like shade, soil quality, and drainage. Ladue, MO property owners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can help you create a pragmatic budget for your landscaping and find ways to make the most of your investment. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to fix. They have the expertise to marry your preferences and needs with your budget.
- Project management — From acquiring permits to overseeing construction and working with a homeowners' association, a professional designer can handle all aspects of your project, ensuring an easy and stress-free experience. They can oversee the entire process, from design to installation, and leave you confident that everything is done correctly and on time.
- Increase property value — An optimally designed landscape can considerably increase how much your home is worth. A professional landscape designer can help you create a landscape that other people will wish were theirs. They can help you pick out plants, materials, and features that will improve your home's curb appeal.
While many Ladue, MO property owners rightly think of themselves as "green thumbs," whenever you're redesigning your entire landscape, the experience, knowledge, and abilities of a professional is invaluable.
How to Find a Local Ladue, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of hiring a professional Ladue, MO landscape designer, the next part is to find the right designer for your project. Below are some things to consider:
- Ask for referrals — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for referrals to anyone who worked on their yard.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp show ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These events are a great opportunity to talk to local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask about their designs.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has received awards for their work and has an exceptional reputation in their community.
- Review their previous work — If a landscaper designer has designed beautiful and functional landscapes before, they'll likely want to to display it on their website. Look at the work they've done on other Ladue, MO homes and see if they're a good fit for what you want.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and the way we treat our customers. We've won 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Ladue, MO
Landscape design requires a thoughtful marriage of aesthetics, ecology, and functionality. The principles of landscape design can be broken down into several crucial elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the idea of design that unifies all the other principles. This can include the use of similar materials, colors, and textures throughout the space.
- Balance — Balance is the distribution of visual weight throughout the landscape. This can be achieved through the utilization of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by factoring in the visual weight of the plants and structures in your yard.
- Proportion — Proportion refers to the relative size of elements in the landscape. This includes taking into account the size of the space and the size of each of the elements.
- Rhythm — Rhythm refers to interval-repeating elements. A professional designer can do this through the use of repetitive patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a visually interesting space.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the principles of landscape design, it's a good idea to consider the ecological impact of your design. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, having appropriate drainage, and not interfering too much with local wildlife. By prioritizing ecology, you can create a environmentally friendly landscape that improves the natural aesthetics of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
Another key consideration when designing a landscape is functionality. This includes factoring in your intentions for your yard, and designing it accordingly. For example, if you want to invite over friends, family, and neighbors for grilling, you probably want to think about how your landscape can help guide guests through your Ladue, MO yard. If you'd prefer a landscape that's just for you and your family, you could look at which trees and structures block others from viewing your yard.
Designing for Maintenance
Finally, a well-designed landscape will be installed with maintenance in mind. This includes plantings and construction that minimize the need for ongoing maintenance. By designing with maintenance in mind, you can create an inviting and practical outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Key Elements in Ladue, MO Landscape Design
Now that we've gone over the principles of landscape design, let's take a closer look at some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are one of the most important elements of any landscape design. They provide color, texture, and shape, and can be used to create numerous different effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to consider factors such as shade and sun exposure, the type of soil, and water availability.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to non-organic or human-made objects and structures, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping can be used to make structures that add visual interest and functionality to your yard, including:
- Water features — Water elements, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can be used to create a sense of relaxation in your yard. They can also draw local wildlife, such as birds and butterflies.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key elements in the landscape, and can also be used to create a sense of ambiance. Lighting is particularly important for outdoor spaces that you want to be in in the evening or at night.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to add style to the landscape. They can also be used to create functional spaces for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Ladue, MO include:
- Custom Hot Tubs
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
Landscape Design Near Me in Ladue, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you want to create a peaceful retreat in your backyard or add curb appeal to your front yard, working with a professional Ladue, MO landscape designer can turn your dreams into reality. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned a great reputation in our local Ladue, MO neighborhoods for our more than 25 years designing and installing breathtaking landscapes. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work in collaboration on every yard in order to provide each customer with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while integrating style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.