Turning Your Dreams Into Reality
Landscape design near me in Chesterfield, MO. If you're looking to get the most out of your outdoor living space, you may be wondering, "Where can I find landscape design near me?" Poynter Landscape has been turning Chesterfield, MO homeowners' dreams into reality for over two and a half decades. Our amazing team of designers and landscaping professionals are creative and innovative. We ask our clients to "think big," and then do what we do best to turn your tastes into the yard of your dreams. For landscape design "near me" in Chesterfield, MO, call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us through our website.
Benefits of Hiring a Professional Chesterfield, MO Landscape Designer
While many homeowners take pleasure in working on their yard, there are myriad benefits to working with a professional Chesterfield, MO landscape designer. The following are just a few reasons to consider hiring a professional in Chesterfield, MO:
- Design proficiency — Landscape designers have the education and abilities to design inviting, functional yards that pair your needs and preferences by thinking outside the box and create a one-of-a-kind landscape design.
- Property analysis — Professional designers can assess your property and determine the best use of space, taking into account factors like sun exposure, soil quality, and irrigation. Chesterfield, MO homeowners may not always be aware of any irrigation systems or drainage solutions their property needs.
- Save time and money — A professional landscape designer can work with you to come up with a realistic budget for your project and find ways to get the most out of your money. A professional landscape designer is also less likely to make mistakes, which would require more time and money to repair. They have the expertise to plan and design a landscape that meets your needs and budget.
- Project management — Permits, working with HOAs, and construction can be a nuisance. A professional designer can handle all that on your behalf. They can manage the entire process, from design to implementation, and give you peace of mind that everything is carried out correctly and on time.
- Increase curb appeal — A well-designed landscape can considerably increase how much your home is worth. A professional landscape designer can help you create a landscape that other people will wish were theirs. They can help you choose plants, materials, and features that will improve your property's overall value.
While many Chesterfield, MO homeowners rightly consider themselves "green thumbs," whenever you're making major updates to your property, the experience, knowledge, and abilities of a professional is invaluable.
How to Pich the Best Local Chesterfield, MO Landscape Designer Near You
Now that you know the benefits of working with a professional Chesterfield, MO landscape designer, you need to know how to pick the best one near you. Here are some things to consider:
- Ask around — Ask friends, family members, and neighbors for recommendations of landscape designers they've worked with in the past.
- Check online reviews — Websites like Houzz, Angi, and Yelp show ratings and reviews from previous customers.
- Attend local home and garden shows — These events are a great opportunity to meet with local designers, see the work they've done in the past, and ask questions.
- Consider their reputation — Look for a landscape designer that has received awards for their landscaping and has a hard-earned, positive reputation in their community.
- Review their previous work — If a landscaper designer does good work, they'll likely be eager to display it online. Look at the work they've done on other Chesterfield, MO homes and see if they fit your standards and taste.
Poynter Landscape has a Five-Star rating on Google and other websites for our exceptional craftsmanship and customer service. We've won 8 national PLANET Environmental Improvement and Design awards, and we were the Readers’ Pick for “Best Landscape Designer” in St. Louis AT HOME Magazine.
Principles of Landscape Design in Chesterfield, MO
Landscape design requires a careful balance of aesthetics, ecology, and practicality. The principles of landscape design can be broken down into several crucial elements, which include:
- Unity — Unity is the concept of coming up with a comprehensive design that ties together all the elements of the landscape. This can include the use of the same colors and textures throughout your outdoor space.
- Balance — Balance is the concept of instilling a sense of equilibrium in the landscape. This can be achieved through the utilization of symmetrical or asymmetrical design elements, and by factoring in the visual weight of each element in the space.
- Proportion — Proportion is the principle of creating a sense of scale in the landscape. This includes considering the size of each element in relation to other elements in the space, as well as the overall size of the space itself.
- Rhythm — Rhythm is the principle of creating a sense of movement in the landscape. A professional designer can do this through the use of repetitive patterns, shapes, or colors.
- Contrast — Contrast refers to creating striking visual differences between object. This includes the use of contrasting colors, textures, and shapes to create a visually interesting landscape.
Designing for Ecology
Beyond the principles of landscape design, you need to consider how the design will interact with the environment. This includes using plants that are apt for the soil, having appropriate drainage, and creating habitats for local wildlife. By designing with ecology in mind, you can create a sustainable landscape that improves the natural beauty of the surrounding environment.
Designing for Functionality
Another crucial consideration when designing a landscape is how you can use the space practically. This includes factoring in your intentions for your yard, and designing it to meet those needs. For example, if you want to host large gatherings outside, you might consider how your landscape can help guide guests around your Chesterfield, MO outdoor property. If you'd rather have a quiet place to stargaze or enjoy a glass of wine, you could think about which trees and structures offer more privacy.
Designing for Maintenance
Lastly, it is important to consider the maintenance needs of your landscape design. This includes plantings and construction that are easy to maintain. By prioritizing maintenance considerations, you can create an inviting and practical outdoor space that doesn't cause you much hassle.
Key Elements in Chesterfield, MO Landscape Design
Now that we have explored key concepts in landscape design, let's go through some of the nuts and bolts of landscape design.
- Plants — Plants are what many people first think of when they think of landscape design. They provide color, texture, and shape, and can be used to create numerous different effects. When choosing plants for your design, it is important to consider factors such as shade and sun exposure, soil type, and how water will reach the plants and drain.
- Hardscaping — Hardscaping refers to non-organic or human-made objects and structures, such as stones, composite, or wood. Hardscaping is utilized to create structures that contribute to the visual elements and functionality of your yard, including:
- Water features — Water features, such as in-ground pools, fountains, ponds, and streams, can contribute to a sense of relaxation in the landscape. They can also draw local wildlife to add more life to your property.
- Outdoor lighting — Lighting can be used to highlight key elements in the landscape, and is also useful for ambiance. Lighting is specifically important for outdoor spaces that you want to be in when it's dark.
- Furniture and accessories — Benches, chairs, tables, and sculptures can be used to augment the personality to your yard. They can also add functionality if you want to use your yard for relaxation, dining, or entertaining.
Other services we offer in Chesterfield, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Deck Builder
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Landscape Design Near Me in Chesterfield, MO | Poynter Landscape
Whether you want a private place to stargaze or a large space to invite guests over, working with a professional Chesterfield, MO landscape designer can help you achieve your goals. At Poynter Landscape, we've earned the trust of our local Chesterfield, MO community for our more than 25 years in business. Our team of designers and horticulture professionals work in collaboration on every yard in order to provide each homeowner with the perfect plan to fit their needs, tastes, and the needs of the site while using style and design. For your "landscape design near me," call Poynter today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.