Shrewsbury, MO Deck Builder: Building The Backyard Of Your Dreams
Deck builder in Shrewsbury, MO. Are you dreaming of a beautiful and functional outdoor space in Shrewsbury, MO where you can entertain guests, relax with family, or simply enjoy the natural beauty of your surroundings? A well-planned and well-built deck can transform any outdoor area into a stunning and functional living space. However, installing a deck requires a great deal of skill, knowledge, and experience. This is when a professional Shrewsbury, MO deck builder is needed. A skilled deck builder can help you create the outdoor space of your dreams, from beginning to end. At Poynter Landscape, our experienced and knowledge team has been helping Shrewsbury, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space they've always wanted for over almost three decades. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your property, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Benefits of Having a Deck
A deck is a great way to extend your home outdoors. A deck can do wonders for your Shrewsbury, MO home:
- Increases home value
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for outdoor entertaining
- Enhances how your home looks
- Ideal for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors in comfort and style
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Shrewsbury, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you want to make sure that it's built to last. Hiring a professional deck builder in Shrewsbury, MO guarantees that your deck is designed and installed to code and with the highest quality materials. A deck builder will form a team with you to create a custom design that meets your needs and fits your budget. They will also take care of obtaining any necessary permits and ensure that the deck is built to comply with local Shrewsbury, MO building codes.
While many Shrewsbury, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" part of a home makeover attractive, a professional deck builder will make sure the job is done right. Professionals will insight and ideas stemming from their personal expertise and experience, and make sure the entire project is done safely. While a DIY approach may cost less initially, if you make any mistakes or have to redo the deck, the repair and extra materials will end up costing more than a professional deck builder in the first place.
Maybe the biggest benefit of hiring a professional deck builder is that they can also enhance your yard even further by adding other hardscape and structural elements that fit perfectly with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is a one-stop-shop for all of your outdoor living space needs. We also build:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With us, all additions to your property will live together in unison and allow you and your guests to relax and enjoy your property and each other's company.
How to Choose the Best Deck Design for Your Shrewsbury, MO Home
When planning for a new deck in Shrewsbury, MO, there are several things to consider to ensure you get the best end product. The following are some things to keep in mind:
- Use — How do you see yourself enjoying your new deck? Would you prefer to host large gatherings or prefer a private place to be alone with your thoughts? Understanding the way you'll use your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Where will your deck be located? Keep in mind factors like the sun exposure, which way the wind usually blows, and what you'll be able to see from the deck to determine the best location and direction for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional Shrewsbury, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you comply with their codes.
- Materials — What should your deck be built with? Some materials are more durable and require different levels of maintenance. Most decks are built with wood, composite, PVC, or aluminum. They all have their unique advantages and disadvantages, so you need to do your research, heed what professional deck builders recommend, and pick a material that looks like the best option for you and your home.
- Design and Style — What design and style are you looking for? Will it mesh well with your home's architecture and landscape? There are countless design options for decks, from simple to detailed, traditional to more adventurous. Consider factors such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a united and beautiful outdoor living space.
- Budget — How much have you put aside for your deck? The cost of installing a deck can change widely based on factors such as size, materials, design, and features. Setting a budget early on will help your deck become more focused.
- Maintenance — How much work or money are you willing to put in to keep the deck in shape? Different materials and finishes require different levels of maintenance to keep them in top shape. Be sure to account for the ongoing maintenance expenses when deciding on your deck's materials and finishes.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need a permit to build your deck? The majority of local Shrewsbury, MO government offices require permits for new deck construction, and not acquiring one can result in fines and legal troubles. Additionally, regulations specify minimum safety standards. It is essential to adhere to all building codes to ensure both your safety and the legality of your deck.
By taking into account the above factors and working with a reputable Shrewsbury, MO deck builder, you can create a breathtaking and functional outdoor living space that turns your house into a dream home. Just tell Poynter what you have and mind, and we'll deliver a custom deck that both looks and functions great.
Deck Materials Used in Shrewsbury, MO
Most decks are built to look like wood, but there are several different materials that deck builders use to create that appearance and a functional deck. Most Shrewsbury, MO deck builders will work with any of the following:
- Wood decks never seem to go out of style. They are affordable, they look great, and they're very versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to replicate the design of your home, and they can be built to fit any size or shape. However, maintenance requires more time and money than other building materials.
- Composite decks are made with a mixture of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and withstand decay and insects and animals. Composite decks are a great option for homeowners who want the classic appearance of wood without the maintenance. They come in a variety of colors and finishes, but, the original color can't be changed.
- PVC decks, also called vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, making them a waterproof and low-maintenance option for homeowners. They are resistant to rot, mold, and mildew and also come in numerous different colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a good choice for homeowners with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for people who want a durable and low-maintenance deck. They prevent rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good choice if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Shrewsbury, MO
Once you've decided on the type of deck you want, it's time to focus on finding a design that works best for you and your yard in Shrewsbury, MO. Here are some popular deck layouts to consider:
- A single-level deck is the design style you see most often. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple and practical outdoor living space. Single-level decks are a good fit for homes with smaller yards or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more complex and adaptable layout that provides different areas for different activities. It can effortlessly connect the indoors with the outdoors and take advantage of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have distinct spots for dining, lounging, and entertaining, and can be built with stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck goes all the way around a house or part of a house. It provides an all-encompassing transition from different areas of your home and can create a feeling of continuity. Wraparound decks can be single or multi-level and can be constructed with different materials and colors to create visual interest.
- A freestanding deck is not attached to the side of a building. It is a great option for homeowners who have uneven lawns or want more seclusion. Freestanding decks can be used to accentuate a certain aspect of your yard, such as a gazebo, and comes in various shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is placed on top of a building or garage. It offers a secluded and elevated outdoor space and can offer stunning scenic views. Rooftop decks require careful design and construction to ensure they are safe to be on and the project should include drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck surrounds a swimming pool. It allows swimmers to walk safely without slipping, and it can also be used as an outdoor entertaining area. It's vital to pick a material that can withstand water and weather. Additionally, pool decks should have adequate drainage systems to prevent water from gathering and damaging the surrounding deck or area.
The design of your deck will be based on your tastes and how we can make your Shrewsbury, MO yard more cohesive and more enjoyable. The right design can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and provide years of enjoyment. As your professional Shrewsbury, MO deck builders, our job is to dare you to imagine all the possibilities and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
Frequently Asked Questions From Your Shrewsbury, MO Deck Builder
- How long does deck construction take in Shrewsbury, MO?
The duration of the project depends on a few different things, including the size of the deck, how elaborate the design is, and exposure to harsher elements. On average, it takes about one to two weeks to build a standard-sized deck.
- How much does a custom deck cost in Shrewsbury, MO?
The cost of building a deck can change significantly based on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the complexity of the design. Typically, the price of a custom deck in Shrewsbury, MO ranges from $15 to $30 per square foot. Bigger or more ornate designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Shrewsbury, MO?
Yes, you will need a permit to build a deck in Shrewsbury, MO. A professional deck builder will have experience with your municipality and can apply for and obtain the necessary permits on your behalf.
- What is the lifespan of a deck in Shrewsbury, MO?
The lifespan of a deck comes down to your specific situation, including the materials used and how well it is maintained. A wood deck typically has a lifespan of 10 to 30 years, while a other materials can last half a century or more.
- How do I maintain my deck in Shrewsbury, MO?
Regular maintenance is essential to keep your deck looking good and to extend its lifespan. Inspect the deck and clean off any branches or leaves that fall on it when you can. Damaged boards should be replaced immediately, and it's wise to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to stave off the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer in Shrewsbury, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Shrewsbury, MO
If you're a homeowner in Shrewsbury, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your home is a great way to enhance your outdoor living space. Poynter Landscape, an experienced team of professional Shrewsbury, MO deck builders with over 25 years of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your tastes and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Shrewsbury, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.