Clayton, MO Deck Builder: Building The Backyard You've Always Wanted
Deck builder in Clayton, MO. Are you dreaming of a beautiful and functional outdoor space in Clayton, MO where you can entertain guests, relax with family, or simply enjoy the natural beauty of your surroundings? A well-planned and well-built deck can turn any outdoor area into a stunning and functional living space. However, designing and building a deck is hard work. This is when a professional Clayton, MO deck builder is needed. A skilled deck builder can help you create the outdoor space of your dreams, from start to finish. At Poynter Landscape, our expert team has been helping Clayton, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space they've always wanted for over 25 years. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your home, speak to a Poynter team member today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Benefits of Having a Deck
A deck is a great way to extend your home to the outside. Here are some of the benefits of building a deck in Clayton, MO:
- Adds value to your home
- Increases living space
- Provides a space for outdoor entertaining
- Enhances how your home looks
- Perfect for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without unpacking the tent
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Clayton, MO?
A deck is an investment you make on your property, and you want to make sure it will stand up over the years. Contracting a professional deck builder in Clayton, MO guarantees that your deck is built to code and with the highest quality materials. A deck builder will work with you to create a custom design that meets your needs and fits your budget. They will also take care of applying for any necessary permits and ensure that the deck is built to comply with local Clayton, MO building codes.
While some Clayton, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" part of a home makeover alluring, a professional deck builder is the best way to get a truly amazing deck. Professionals will insight and ideas stemming from their personal expertise and experience, and make sure the entire project is done safely. While doing it yourself may save some money up front, if you make any mistakes or have to redo the deck, it'll end up being more expensive than a professional deck builder in the first place.
Perhaps the biggest benefit of hiring an experienced deck builder is that they can also enhance your yard even more by designing and installing other hardscape and structural elements that go hand-in-hand with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your outdoor comfort needs. We can also design and install:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With Poynter Landscape, your deck, home, and any other improvements will be designed to function together and allow you and friends and family to effortlessly enjoy everything your yard has to offer.
Clayton, MO Deck Builder: Layouts
When planning for a custom deck in Clayton, MO, there are several factors to think about to ensure you end up with a functional, durable, and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space. The below are some things to keep in mind:
- Use — What do you want to use your deck for? Are you looking to host large gatherings or prefer a secluded place to be alone with your thoughts? Understanding the intended use of your deck will help you determine the size, layout, and features that need to be included.
- Location and Orientation — Where will your deck be located? Keep in mind things such as shade, prevailing winds, and views to determine where your deck should be located. Also, check with (or have your professional Clayton, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you comply with their guidelines.
- Materials — What should your deck be built with? Different materials have different appearances, durability, and maintenance needs. Common options include wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. Each material has its own pros and cons, so it is important to do your research, listen to the guidance of professional deck builders, and pick a material that fits what you need.
- Design and Style — What design and style do you want for your deck? Will it mesh well with your home's architecture and landscape? There are countless design possibilities for decks, from basic to detailed, traditional to modern. Think about elements such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a united and visually appealing outdoor living space.
- Budget — What are you willing to spend for a custom deck? The cost of building a deck can change significantly based on factors like size, materials, design, and features. Deciding on a limit on how much you'll spend early in the process will help your design become more focused.
- Maintenance — How much work or money are you willing to put in to keep the deck in shape? Different materials and finishes need different levels of maintenance to keep them in top shape. Be sure to include the ongoing maintenance expenses when designing your deck.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need permission from your local municipality to install a new deck? Most local Clayton, MO building codes require you to apply for a permit for a new deck, and not acquiring one can result in fines and legal problems. Additionally, regulations specify minimum safety standards. It is necessary to comply with all regulations to ensure both your safety and the legality of your deck.
By taking into account the above factors and hiring a trustworthy Clayton, MO deck building company, you can create a beautiful and functional yard that adds value and relaxation to your home. Just tell us what you need and want, and we'll be able to give you a custom deck that looks amazing while serving a purpose.
Deck Materials Used in Clayton, MO
Most decks are constructed to have the appearance of wood, but there are a few different materials that can be used to create that appearance and a functional deck. Most Clayton, MO deck builders can construct:
- Wood decks are the classic option for homeowners. They are relatively inexpensive, they look great, and they're very versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to go with your home, and they can be built in any style. However, wood decks require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best.
- Composite decks are made with a mixture of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and withstand decay and insects and animals. Composite decks are a great option for homeowners who want the look of wood without having to put much time and money into upkeep. They're available in a wide range of colors and finishes, but, unlike a wood deck you can't change the color or finish afterwards.
- PVC decks, also called vinyl decks, are made with only plastic, making them a waterproof and low-maintenance option for homeowners. They are resistant to rot, mold, and mildew and also come in a wide range of colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a safe option for families with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a long-lasting and low-maintenance deck. They are resistant to rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good option if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Clayton, MO
Once you've decided on the type of deck you want, it's time to focus on finding a style that meets your needs and augments your Clayton, MO home's architectural style and how your property functions. Here are some popular deck layouts to consider:
- A single-level deck is the most common and straightforward layout. It is a flat, low-to-the-ground deck that provides a simple and practical outdoor living space. Single-level decks are a good fit for homes with smaller yards or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more complex and adaptable layout that offers different areas for different activities. It can effortlessly connect the indoors with the outdoors and make use of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have distinct areas for eating, relaxing, and entertaining, and can be built with stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck runs the entire perimeter of a house, or at least two sides of it. It provides a seamless transition from different areas of your home and can create a sense of flow. Wraparound decks can be single or multi-level and can be built with different materials and finishes to create visual interest.
- A freestanding deck is built independently from the walls of a house. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to create a focal point in the yard, such as a gazebo, and can be designed in numerous different shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is built on top of a building or garage. It offers a private and elevated outdoor space and can offer stunning scenic views. Rooftop decks require careful design and construction to ensure they are safe to be on and the construction should include drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck surrounds a swimming pool. It provides a safe and slip-resistant surface for swimmers to walk on, and non-swimmers can use it to lounge around. It's vital to pick a material that can withstand exposure to water and sunlight and is resistant to mold and mildew. Additionally, pool decks should have adequate drainage systems to prevent water from gathering and causing damage to the deck or pool.
The layout of your deck will be based on your personal preferences, budget, and the specific needs of your Clayton, MO home and yard. The right design can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and make your neighbors jealous for years. As your professional Clayton, MO deck builders, we ask you to imagine all the possibilities and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
Frequently Asked Questions From Your Clayton, MO Deck Builder
- How long does deck construction take in Clayton, MO?
The timeline for building a deck depends on several factors, including how big the deck is, the intricacy of the design, and the weather conditions. Usually, a standard-sized deck can be constructed in two weeks or less.
- How much does it cost to build a deck in Clayton, MO?
The cost of building a deck can change significantly based on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the complexity of the design. Generally, the cost of a new deck in Clayton, MO can be anywhere from $15 to $30 per square foot. Larger or more complex designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Clayton, MO?
Yes, you will need a permit to build a deck in Clayton, MO. A professional deck builder, like those at Poynter, will have experience with applying for and obtaining permits and can do so on your behalf.
- What is the lifespan of a deck in Clayton, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how frequently and well it is maintained. A wood deck can last anywhere from 10 to 30 years, while a other materials can last up to 50 years or more.
- Is it easy to maintain my deck in Clayton, MO?
Regular maintenance is important to keep your deck looking good and to extend its lifespan. Inspect the deck and clear off any debris that falls on it when you can. Damaged boards should be replaced immediately, and it's a good idea to schedule a professional deck cleaning annually to reduce the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer to Clayton, MO homeowners include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Clayton, MO
If you're a homeowner in Clayton, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your backyard is a great way to make your home more comfortable and more fun. Poynter Landscape, an award-winning team of professional Clayton, MO deck builders with over two and a half decades of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your needs and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Clayton, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.