Valley Park, MO Deck Builder: Building Your Dream Outdoor Space
Deck builder in Valley Park, MO. If you're a homeowner in Valley Park, MO, you know how important it is to have an appealing outdoor space where you can relax and entertain. Is there any better way to do that than by adding a custom-built deck to your backyard? A well-designed deck not only enhances the beauty of your home but also increases its curb appeal and enhances the experiences of your guests. But building a deck is not for the faint of heart, and that's why you need the help of a professional Valley Park, MO deck builder. At Poynter Landscape, our expert team has been helping Valley Park, MO homeowners achieve their outdoor living space needs for more than 25 years. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your home, speak to a Poynter team member today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Why You Need a Deck
A deck is a fun and relatively budget-friendly way to expand your living space and enjoy the outdoors. A deck can do wonders for your Valley Park, MO home:
- Increases home value
- Increases living space
- Provides a space for outdoor entertaining
- Enhances the aesthetic appeal of your home
- Ideal for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without unpacking the tent
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Valley Park, MO?
A deck is an investment you make on your property, and you need to know you're making a sound investment. Hiring a professional deck builder in Valley Park, MO guarantees that your deck is designed and installed the right way. A deck builder will work with you to create a custom design that meets your needs and fits your budget. They will also take care of applying for any necessary permits and ensure that the deck is built to comply with local Valley Park, MO regulations.
While many Valley Park, MO homeowners find the "DIY" aspect alluring, a professional deck builder will make sure the job is done right. Professionals will insight and ideas stemming from their personal expertise and experience, and make sure you and your property are safe during installation. While a DIY approach may cost less on the front end, if you end up having to correct or redo your work, it'll end up costing more than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Perhaps the biggest benefit of hiring an experienced deck builder is that they can work to complement your yard even further by designing and installing other hardscape and structural elements that are a perfect match for your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your outdoor living space needs. We also build:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With us, all additions to your yard will live together in unison and allow you and friends and family to effortlessly enjoy your outdoor space.
Valley Park, MO Deck Builder: Layouts
If you're thinking about getting a custom deck in Valley Park, MO, there are several factors to consider to ensure you get the best end product. The following are some things to keep in mind:
- Use — What do you want to use your deck for? Would you prefer to host large gatherings or prefer a secluded spot to be alone with your thoughts? Understanding the way you'll use your deck will help you determine the size, layout, and features that will suit your needs.
- Location and Orientation — Where on the property will your deck go? Consider factors such as sun and shade, prevailing winds, and what you'll be able to see from the deck to determine where your deck should be located. Also, check with (or have your professional Valley Park, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you comply with their codes.
- Materials — What should your deck be built with? Different materials have different appearances, durability, and maintenance needs. Common options include wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages, so you need to do your research, heed the guidance of professional deck builders, and pick a material that fits what you need.
- Design and Style — What design and style matches your tastes? Will it complement the rest of your home? Decks are built in a wide range of styles, from basic to detailed, traditional to more adventurous. Consider factors such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a united and beautiful yard.
- Budget — How much have you saved up for your deck? The cost of building a deck can change widely based on factors such as size, materials, design, and features. Deciding on a limit on how much you'll spend early in the process will help your deck become more focused.
- Maintenance — How much work or money are you willing to put in to keep the deck in shape? Different materials and finishes require different levels of maintenance to keep them looking their best. Be sure to include the ongoing maintenance costs when deciding on your deck's materials and finishes.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need permission from your local municipality to install a new deck? The majority of local Valley Park, MO building codes require permits for new deck construction, and not acquiring one can lead to fines and legal problems. Furthermore, regulations identify minimum safety standards. It is essential to follow all building codes to ensure your deck is safe and legal.
By considering these factors and working with a reputable Valley Park, MO deck builder, you can create a breathtaking and functional property that turns your house into a dream home. Just tell us what you need and want, and we'll be able to give you a brand new deck that both looks and functions great.
Deck Materials Used in Valley Park, MO
Most decks are built to have the appearance of wood, but there are several different materials that can be used to create your custom deck. Most Valley Park, MO deck builders will work with any of the following:
- Wood decks are always popular. They are relatively inexpensive, they look great, and they're very versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to match the color scheme of your home, and they can be built to fit any size or shape. However, maintenance requires more effort than other decks.
- Composite decks are made from a combination of wood fibers and plastic. They are durable, low-maintenance, and resist decay and pests. Composite decks are a great option for homeowners who want the classic appearance of wood without having to put much effort into upkeep. They're available in a wide range of colors and finishes, however, unlike a wood deck you can't change the color or finish afterwards.
- PVC decks, also referred to as vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, making them a waterproof and low-maintenance option for homeowners. They withstand rot, mold, and mildew and also come in numerous different colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a good choice for homeowners with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for people who want a long-lasting and low-maintenance deck. They are resistant to rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good choice if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Valley Park, MO
Once you've decided on the type of deck you want, it's time to focus on finding a layout that works best for you and your yard in Valley Park, MO. Here are some popular deck layouts to consider:
- A single-level deck is the design style you see most often. It is a flat, low-to-the-ground deck that provides a simple and practical outdoor living space. Single-level decks are perfect when outdoor space is limited or when budget is a concern.
- A multi-level deck is a more elaborate and versatile style that can have different spaces devoted to different purposes. It can be used to create a smooth transition from the indoors to the outdoors and pairs well with a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have distinct spots for eating, lounging, and entertaining, and can incorporate stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck goes all the way around a house or part of a house. It provides an all-encompassing transition from one outdoor area to another and can instill a sense of continuity. Wraparound decks can be single or multi-level and can incorporate different materials and finishes to offer more interesting design elements.
- A freestanding deck is not attached to a house or other structure. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to accentuate a certain feature of your yard, such as a pergola, and can be built with various shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is placed on top of a building or garage. It offers a private and raised outdoor space and can offer breathtaking views of the surrounding area. Rooftop decks require careful design and engineering to ensure they are safe and stable and the construction should include drainage systems to prevent water from pooling up and damaging the deck.
- A pool deck is built just by a swimming pool. It provides a safe and slip-resistant surface for swimmers to walk on, and non-swimmers can use it to relax. It's vital to choose a material that can withstand the elements. Additionally, pool decks should have proper drainage systems to prevent water from gathering and causing damage to the deck or pool.
The layout of your deck depends on your tastes and how we can make your Valley Park, MO outdoor living space more cohesive and more enjoyable. The right style can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and make your neighbors jealous for years. As your professional Valley Park, MO deck builders, our job is to dare you to dream big and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
Frequently Asked Questions From Your Valley Park, MO Deck Builder
- How long does it take to build a deck in Valley Park, MO?
How long it takes to build your deck depends on a few different things, including how big the deck is, the complexity of the design, and exposure to weather. Typically, a standard-sized deck can be built in two weeks or less.
- How much does it cost to build a deck in Valley Park, MO?
The cost of building a deck varies depending on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the complexity of the design. Typically, the cost of a custom deck in Valley Park, MO ranges from $15 to $30 per square foot. Bigger or more ornate designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Valley Park, MO?
Yes, you will need a permit to build a deck in Valley Park, MO. A professional deck builder will have experience with applying for and obtaining permits and can do so on your behalf.
- How long does a deck last in Valley Park, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how frequently and well it is maintained. A wood deck can last between 10 to 30 years, while a composite or vinyl deck can last up to 50 years or more.
- How do I maintain my deck in Valley Park, MO?
Regular maintenance is essential to keep your deck looking good and to extend its lifespan. Inspect the deck and clear off any branches or leaves that fall on it regularly. Damaged boards should be replaced immediately, and it's a good idea to schedule a professional deck cleaning annually to prevent the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer to Valley Park, MO homeowners include:
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Valley Park, MO
If you're a homeowner in Valley Park, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your backyard is a great way to make your home more comfortable and more fun. Poynter Landscape, an experienced group of professional Valley Park, MO deck builders with over 25 years of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your preferences and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Valley Park, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs online.