Town and Country, MO Deck Builder: Building Your Dream Outdoor Space
Deck builder in Town and Country, MO. If you're a homeowner in Town and Country, MO, you know how essential it is to have an eye-catching outdoor space where you can relax and entertain. And what better way to do that than by adding a custom-built deck to your backyard? A well-designed deck not only makes your home look better but also boosts its value and allows your guests to enjoy it more. But building a deck is not something just anyone can do, and that's why you need the help of a professional Town and Country, MO deck builder. At Poynter Landscape, our experienced and knowledge designers and craftsman have been helping Town and Country, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space of their dreams for more than two and a half decades. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your property, speak to a Poynter representative today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs online.
Why You Need a Deck
A deck is a wonderful way to extend your home outdoors. Here are some of the benefits of building a deck in Town and Country, MO:
- Increases how much your home is worth
- Increases living space
- Provides a space for letting guests enjoy your property
- Enhances the aesthetic appeal of your home
- Ideal for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors in comfort and style
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Town and Country, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you need to know you're making a sound investment. Working with a professional deck builder in Town and Country, MO ensures that your deck is designed and installed to code and with durable materials. A deck builder will work with you to create a design personalized to your needs and tastes. They will also handle acquiring any necessary permits and ensure that the deck is built to comply with local Town and Country, MO building codes.
While some Town and Country, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" aspect attractive, a professional deck builder is the best way to get a truly amazing deck. Professionals will be able to come up with design ideas you never thought of or thought possible, and make sure you and your property are unharmed when we build the deck. While a DIY approach may save some money initially, if you make any mistakes or have to redo the deck, it'll end up costing more than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Possible the biggest benefit of hiring an experienced deck builder is that they can also complement your yard even further by designing and building other hardscape and structural elements that go hand-in-hand with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is a one-stop-shop for all of your outdoor comfort needs. We can also design and install:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With Poynter Landscape, all additions to your yard will be designed to function together and allow you and your guests to effortlessly enjoy everything your yard has to offer.
How to Pick the Best Deck Layout for Your Town and Country, MO Home
When planning for a new deck in Town and Country, MO, there are several things to keep in mind to ensure you get the best end product. The below are some things to keep in mind:
- Purpose — What do you want to use your deck for? Do you plan to host large gatherings or prefer a private spot to be alone with your thoughts? Having a sense of the intended purpose of your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Where will your deck be located? Keep in mind things such as the sun exposure, prevailing winds, and scenery to determine where your deck should be located. Also, check with (or have your professional Town and Country, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you comply with setback requirements and other building codes.
- Materials — What should your deck be built with? Different materials have different appearances, durability, and maintenance needs. Common options include wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages, so you need to do your research, pay attention to what professional deck builders recommend, and decide on a material that fits what you need.
- Design and Style — What design and style do you want for your deck? Will it complement your home's architecture and landscape? There are countless design possibilities for decks, from straightforward to elaborate, traditional to contemporary. Think about elements such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a connected and visually appealing outdoor living space.
- Budget — How much have you put aside for your deck? The materials, size and design all impact the price. Setting a budget early in the process will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make informed decisions about your deck project.
- Maintenance — How much work or money are you willing to put in to keep the deck in shape? Different materials and finishes need different levels of maintenance to prevent the need for expensive repairs and keep them looking great. Be sure to account for the ongoing maintenance expenses when deciding on your deck's materials and finishes.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need permission from your local municipality to install a new deck? The majority of local Town and Country, MO government offices require permits for new deck construction, and not acquiring one can result in fines and legal issues. Furthermore, building codes specify minimum standards for structural safety, including framing, footings, and railing. It is essential to comply with all building codes to ensure both your safety and the legality of your deck.
By taking into account these factors and contracting a reputable Town and Country, MO deck building company, you can create a breathtaking and functional outdoor living space that adds value and relaxation to your home. Just tell Poynter what you need and want, and we'll deliver a custom deck that looks amazing while enhancing your home life.
Deck Materials Used in Town and Country, MO
Most decks are built to look like wood, but there are several different materials that can be used to create that appearance and a functional deck. Most Town and Country, MO deck builders will work with any of the following:
- Wood decks are the classic option for homeowners. They are relatively inexpensive, they look great, and they're very versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to match the color scheme of your home, and they can be customized in any style. However, wood decks require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best.
- Composite decks are made with a mixture of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and withstand rot and pests. Composite decks are a great option for homeowners who want the classic appearance of wood without the maintenance. They come in a variety of colors and finishes, but, that will be the deck's color forever.
- PVC decks, also called vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, so they're water resistant and don't require much maintenance. They are resistant to rot, mold, and mildew and also come in a variety of colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a safe choice for homeowners with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a durable and low-maintenance deck. They are resistant to rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good option if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Town and Country, MO
Once you know which material works best for you and your home, it's time to focus on finding a layout that works best for you and your yard in Town and Country, MO. Here are some popular deck layouts to consider:
- A single-level deck is the most common and straightforward style. It is a flat, low-to-the-ground deck that provides a simple place to hang out with family and friends and relax. Single-level decks are perfect when outdoor space is limited or when budget is a concern.
- A multi-level deck is a more intricate and adaptable design that can have different spaces devoted to different uses. It can effortlessly connect the indoors with the outdoors and make use of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have separate areas for dining, lounging, and entertaining, and can be built with stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck goes all the way around a house or part of a house. It provides an all-encompassing transition from one outdoor area to another and can instill a feeling of flow. Wraparound decks can be single or multi-level and can incorporate different materials and finishes to offer more interesting design elements.
- A freestanding deck is not attached to the side of a building. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to create a focal point in the yard, such as a pergola, and can be designed in various shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is built on top of a building or garage. It offers a secluded and raised outdoor space and can offer breathtaking views of the surrounding area. Rooftop decks require prudent design and engineering to ensure they are safe and stable and the project should include drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck is placed just by a swimming pool. It provides a safe and slip-resistant surface for swimmers to walk on, and non-swimmers can use it to relax. It's essential to choose a material that can withstand the elements. Additionally, pool decks should have adequate drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating and causing damage to the deck or pool.
The style of your deck will be based on your personal preferences, budget, and the specific needs of your Town and Country, MO home and yard. The right style can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and make your neighbors jealous for years. As your professional Town and Country, MO deck builders, we ask you to imagine all the possibilities and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
FAQs From Your Town and Country, MO Deck Builder
- How long does deck construction take in Town and Country, MO?
How long it takes to build your deck depends on a few different things, including how big the deck is, the intricacy of the design, and exposure to weather. On average, a standard-sized deck can be constructed in two weeks or less.
- How much does it cost to build a deck in Town and Country, MO?
The cost of building a deck varies depending on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the intricacy of the design. Typically, the price of a custom deck in Town and Country, MO can be anywhere from $15 to $30 per square foot. Bigger or more ornate designs can cost $50-$60 per square foot.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Town and Country, MO?
Yes, permits are required to build a deck in Town and Country, MO. A professional deck builder will have experience with your municipality and can apply for and obtain the necessary permits on your behalf.
- How long does a deck last in Town and Country, MO?
The lifespan of a deck comes down to your specific situation, including the materials used and how well you keep up with the upkeep. A wood deck typically has a lifespan of 10 to 30 years, while a other materials can last up to 50 years or more.
- Is it easy to maintain my deck in Town and Country, MO?
Regular maintenance is important to keep your deck both attractive and functional. Inspect the deck and clean off any debris that falls on it consistently. Damaged boards should be replaced ASAP, and it's wise to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to stave off the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer in Town and Country, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Town and Country, MO
If you're a homeowner in Town and Country, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your home is a great way to make your home more comfortable and more fun. Poynter Landscape, an experienced group of professional Town and Country, MO deck builders with more than 25 years of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your preferences and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Town and Country, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs online.