Crestwood, MO Deck Builder: Building The Backyard You've Always Wanted
Deck builder in Crestwood, MO. If you're a homeowner in Crestwood, MO, you know how essential it is to have a beautiful outdoor space for both you and your guests to enjoy. Is there any better way to do that than by adding a custom-built deck to your backyard? A well-designed deck not only enhances the beauty of your home but also boosts its value and enhances the experiences of your guests. But building a deck is not something just anyone can do, and that's why you need the help of a professional Crestwood, MO deck builder. At Poynter Landscape, our experienced and knowledge team has been helping Crestwood, MO homeowners achieve their outdoor living space needs for more than almost 30 years. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your outdoor living space, speak to a Poynter team member today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Benefits of Having a Deck
A deck is a great way to expand your living space and enjoy the outdoors. Here are some of the benefits of building a deck in Crestwood, MO:
- Adds value to your home
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for outdoor entertaining
- Enhances the aesthetic appeal of your home
- Good for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without going camping
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Crestwood, MO?
A deck is an investment you make on your property, and you want to make sure that it's built to last. Working with a professional deck builder in Crestwood, MO guarantees that your deck is built the right way. A deck builder will form a team with you to create a design personalized to your needs and tastes. They will also handle acquiring any necessary permits and ensure that the deck is built to comply with local Crestwood, MO regulations.
While some Crestwood, MO homeowners find the "DIY" aspect attractive, a professional deck builder will make sure the job is done right. Professionals will insight and ideas stemming from their personal expertise and experience, and make sure the entire project is done safely. While a DIY approach may save some money up front, if you make any mistakes or have to redo the deck, it'll end up being more expensive than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Perhaps the biggest benefit of hiring a professional deck builder is that they can also complement your yard even further by designing and installing other hardscape and structural elements that fit perfectly with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your outdoor living space needs. We can also help with:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With Poynter Landscape, your deck, home, and any other improvements will be designed to function together and allow you and your guests to relax and enjoy the scenery and each other's company.
Crestwood, MO Deck Builder: Designs
If you're thinking about getting a new deck in Crestwood, MO, there are several things to keep in mind to ensure you end up with a functional, durable, and welcoming outdoor living space. The following are some things to keep in mind:
- Purpose — What do you want to use your deck for? Are you looking to host friends and neighbors for a grilling or prefer a secluded place to watch nature? Understanding how you want to engage with your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Where will your deck be located? Keep in mind factors like the sun exposure, which way the wind usually blows, and views to determine the best location and direction for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional Crestwood, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you comply with their codes.
- Materials — What materials will be used in the construction of your deck? The choice of materials will affect the durability, maintenance, and appearance of your deck. Common options include wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. They all have their unique pros and cons, so you need to do your research, pay attention to the advice of professional deck builders, and choose a material that looks like the best option for you and your home.
- Design and Style — What design and style are you looking for? Will it mesh well with the rest of your property? There are innumerable design possibilities for decks, from basic to detailed, traditional to modern. Consider factors such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a connected and visually appealing yard.
- Budget — How much have you saved up for your deck? The materials, size and other features all impact the price. Deciding on a limit on how much you'll spend early in the process will help your design become more focused.
- Maintenance — What maintenance will your deck require as time goes on? Different materials and finishes need different levels of upkeep to prevent the need for costly repairs and keep them looking great. Be sure to factor in the ongoing maintenance expenses when deciding on your deck's materials and finishes.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need a permit to build your deck? Most local Crestwood, MO government offices require permits for new deck construction, and not acquiring one can result in fines and legal troubles. Additionally, regulations specify minimum standards for how safe the materials and construction are. It is essential to abide by all building codes to ensure your deck is safe and legal.
By considering these factors and hiring a trustworthy Crestwood, MO deck builder, you can create a breathtaking and functional yard that adds value and joy to your home. Just tell Poynter what you need and want, and we'll deliver a custom deck that both looks and functions great.
Deck Materials Used in Crestwood, MO
Most decks are constructed to look like wood, but there are several different materials that deck builders use to create your custom deck. Most Crestwood, MO deck builders will work with any of the following:
- Wood decks are always popular. They are affordable, charming, and versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to match the color scheme of your home, and they can be customized in any style. However, maintenance requires more time and money than other building materials.
- Composite decks are made from a combination of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and resist decay and pests. Composite decks are a great option for homeowners who want the classic appearance of wood without the maintenance. They're available in a variety of colors and finishes, but, unlike a wood deck you can't change the color or finish afterwards.
- PVC decks, also known as vinyl decks, are made with just plastic, so they're water resistant and don't require much maintenance. They withstand rot, mold, and mildew and also come in a variety of colors. Vinyl decks are also slip-resistant, making them a safe choice for homes with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a durable and low-maintenance deck. They are resistant to rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good choice if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Crestwood, MO
Once you know which material works best for you and your home, it's time to choose a design that works best for you and your yard in Crestwood, MO. Here are some popular deck layouts to consider:
- A single-level deck is the design style you see most often. It is a flat, low-to-the-ground deck that provides a simple place to gather and relax. Single-level decks are a good fit when outdoor space is limited or when budget is a concern.
- A multi-level deck is a more complex and adaptable style that can have different spaces devoted to different purposes. It can effortlessly connect the indoors with the outdoors and pairs well with a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have separate spots for dining, lounging, and entertaining, and can be built with stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck runs the entire perimeter of a house, or at least two sides of it. It provides a seamless transition from one outdoor area to another and can instill a feeling of continuity. Wraparound decks can be single or multi-level and can be constructed with different materials and finishes to create visual interest.
- A freestanding deck is built independently from the walls of a house. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to create a focal point in the yard, such as a pergola, and can be built with various shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is placed on top of a building or garage. It offers a secluded and elevated outdoor space and can offer incredible scenic views. Rooftop decks require prudent planning and engineering to ensure they are safe and stable and the project should include drainage systems to prevent water from pooling up and damaging the deck.
- A pool deck is built just by a swimming pool. It allows swimmers to walk safely without slipping, and it can also be used as an outdoor entertaining area. It's essential to choose a material that can withstand water and weather. Additionally, pool decks should have proper drainage systems to prevent water from gathering and damaging the surrounding deck or area.
The style of your deck depends on your personal preferences and how we can make your Crestwood, MO outdoor living space more cohesive and more enjoyable. The right layout can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and make your neighbors jealous for years. As your professional Crestwood, MO deck builders, we ask you to imagine all the possibilities and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
FAQs About Deck Building in Crestwood, MO
- How long does deck construction take in Crestwood, MO?
How long it takes to build your deck depends on a few different things, including the size of the deck, the intricacy of the layout, and the weather conditions. Usually, a standard-sized deck can be built in two weeks or less.
- How much does it cost to build a deck in Crestwood, MO?
The construction cost varies depending on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the intricacy of the design. Typically, the cost of building a deck in Crestwood, MO can be anywhere from $15 to $30 per square foot. Larger or more elaborate designs can cost $50-$60 per square foot.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Crestwood, MO?
Yes, permits are mandatory to build a deck in Crestwood, MO. A professional deck builder will have experience with your municipality and can apply for and obtain the necessary permits on your behalf.
- How long does a deck last in Crestwood, MO?
The lifespan of a deck comes down to your specific situation, including the materials used and how well you keep up with the upkeep. A wood deck can last anywhere from 10 to 30 years, while a other materials can last up to 50 years or more.
- How do I maintain my deck in Crestwood, MO?
Regular maintenance is important to keep your deck both attractive and functional. Inspect the deck and clean off any branches or leaves that fall on it when you can. Damaged boards should be replaced immediately, and it's a good idea to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to stave off the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer to Crestwood, MO homeowners include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Crestwood, MO
If you're a homeowner in Crestwood, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your backyard is a great way to make your home more comfortable and more fun. Poynter Landscape, an experienced group of professional Crestwood, MO deck builders with over two and a half decades of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your tastes and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Crestwood, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.