St. Charles County, MO Deck Builder: Building Your Dream Outdoor Space
Deck builder in St. Charles County, MO. If you're a homeowner in St. Charles County, MO, you know how important it is to have an eye-catching outdoor space where you can relax and entertain. Is there any better way to do that than by adding a custom-built deck to your property? A well-designed deck not only makes your home look better but also increases its curb appeal and enhances the experiences of your guests. But building a deck is not something just anyone can do, and that's why you need the help of a professional St. Charles County, MO deck builder. At Poynter Landscape, our award-winning group has been helping St. Charles County, MO homeowners achieve their outdoor living space needs for over 25 years. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your outdoor living space, speak to a Poynter team member today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs online.
Why Build a Deck?
A deck is a fun and relatively affordable way to extend your home outdoors. Here are some of the benefits of building a deck in St. Charles County, MO:
- Adds value to your home
- Increases living space
- Provides a space for outdoor entertaining
- Enhances the aesthetic appeal of your home
- Good for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without unpacking the tent
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in St. Charles County, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you want to make sure it will stand up over the years. Working with a professional deck builder in St. Charles County, MO ensures that your deck is designed and installed the right way. A deck builder will work with you to come up with a custom design that meets your needs and fits your budget. They will also take care of obtaining any necessary permits and ensure that the deck is built to comply with local St. Charles County, MO regulations.
While many St. Charles County, MO homeowners find the "DIY" part of a home makeover alluring, a professional deck builder will make sure the job is done right. Professionals will be able to come up with design ideas you never thought of or thought possible, and make sure you and your property are unharmed during installation. While doing it yourself may cost less initially, if you end up having to correct or redo your work, the repair and extra materials will end up being more expensive than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Possible the best reason to hire an experienced deck builder is that they can also complement your yard even further by adding other hardscape and structural elements that fit perfectly with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is a one-stop-shop for all of your hardscaping needs. We can also design and install:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With Poynter Landscape, all additions to your home will live together as one and allow you and your guests to effortlessly enjoy everything your yard has to offer.
How to Choose the Best Deck Layout for Your St. Charles County, MO Home
If you're thinking about getting a custom deck in St. Charles County, MO, there are several factors to consider to ensure you end up with a functional, durable, and welcoming outdoor living space. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Use — What do you want to use your deck for? Are you looking to host large gatherings or prefer a private spot to watch nature? Understanding how you want to engage with your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Do you know which side of the house the deck will be on, and what direction it will face? Keep in mind things such as shade, which way the wind usually blows, and what you'll be able to see from the deck to determine where your deck should be located. Also, check with (or have your professional St. Charles County, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you adhere to their guidelines.
- Materials — What should your deck be built with? The choice of materials will affect the durability, maintenance, and appearance of your deck. Most decks are made of wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. They all have their own pros and cons, so it is important to do your research, listen to the guidance of professional deck builders, and pick a material that looks like the best option for you and your home.
- Design and Style — What design and style matches your tastes? Will it mesh well with the rest of your property? There are innumerable design options for decks, from basic to intricate, conventional to more adventurous. Go over factors such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a connected and visually appealing outdoor living space.
- Budget — How much have you saved up for your deck? The materials, size and other features all impact the price. Setting a limit on how much you'll spend early on will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make informed decisions about your deck project.
- Maintenance — Are you willing to put in work for maintenance, or pay someone else to do it? Different materials and finishes need different levels of upkeep to keep them in top shape. Be sure to include the ongoing maintenance costs when designing your deck.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need a permit to install a new deck? The majority of local St. Charles County, MO government offices require you to apply for a permit for a new deck, and not acquiring one can result in fines and legal issues. Furthermore, regulations identify minimum standards for how safe your deck is. It is essential to adhere to all regulations to ensure your deck is safe and legal.
By considering the above factors and contracting well-respected St. Charles County, MO deck builder, you can create an appealing and functional property that adds value and relaxation to your home. Just tell Poynter what you have and mind, and we'll deliver a custom deck that looks amazing while serving a purpose.
Deck Materials Used in St. Charles County, MO
Most materials are built to look like wood, however there are a few different materials that deck builders use to create the deck you have in mind. Most St. Charles County, MO deck builders can construct:
- Wood decks are always popular. They are relatively inexpensive, they look great, and they're very versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to replicate the design of your home, and they can be built to fit any size or shape. However, maintenance requires more effort than other decks.
- Composite decks are made from a combination of wood fibers and plastic. They are durable, low-maintenance, and withstand decay and insects and animals. Composite decks are a great option for homeowners who want the look of wood without the maintenance. They're available in a wide range of colors and finishes, but, unlike a wood deck you can't change the color or finish afterwards.
- PVC decks, also known as vinyl decks, are made with only plastic, so they're water resistant and don't require much maintenance. They withstand rot, mold, and mildew and also come in a wide range of colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a safe choice for families with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a durable deck with little upkeep. They are resistant to rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good option if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in St. Charles County, MO
Once you know which material works best for you and your home, it's time to choose a style that works best for you and your yard in St. Charles County, MO. Here are some popular deck layouts to consider:
- A single-level deck is the most common and straightforward style. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple and practical outdoor living space. Single-level decks are a good fit when outdoor space is limited or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more complex and adaptable design that provides different areas for different activities. It can effortlessly connect the indoors with the outdoors and make use of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have distinct spots for dining, relaxing, and entertaining, and can include stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck runs the entire perimeter of a house, or at least two sides of it. It provides a seamless transition from different areas of your home and can instill a feeling of flow. Wraparound decks can cover one or more floors and can incorporate different materials and finishes to create visual interest.
- A freestanding deck is built independently from the walls of a house. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to create a focal point in the yard, such as a gazebo, and can be built with numerous different shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is built on top of your home or garage. It offers a private and raised outdoor space and can offer extraordinary views of the surrounding area. Rooftop decks require prudent planning and construction to ensure they are safe and stable and they should be built with drainage systems to prevent water from pooling up and damaging the deck.
- A pool deck surrounds a swimming pool. It provides a safe and slip-resistant surface for swimmers to walk on, and it can also be used as an outdoor entertaining area. It's imperative to choose a material that can withstand the elements. Additionally, pool decks should have proper drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating and damaging the surrounding deck or area.
The style of your deck will be based on your personal preferences and how we can make your St. Charles County, MO yard more cohesive and more enjoyable. The right layout can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and provide years of enjoyment. As your professional St. Charles County, MO deck builders, we ask you to dream big and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
Frequently Asked Questions From Your St. Charles County, MO Deck Builder
- How long does it take to build a deck in St. Charles County, MO?
The timeline for building a deck depends on a few different things, including the size of the deck, how elaborate the design is, and the weather conditions. On average, it takes about one to two weeks to construct a standard-sized deck.
- How much does a new deck cost in St. Charles County, MO?
The construction cost varies depending on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the complexity of the design. On average, the cost of a new deck in St. Charles County, MO ranges from $15 to $30 per square foot. Bigger or more complex designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in St. Charles County, MO?
Yes, you will need a permit to build a deck in St. Charles County, MO. A professional deck builder, like those at Poynter, will have experience with applying for and acquiring permits and can do so on your behalf.
- What is the lifespan of a deck in St. Charles County, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how frequently and well it is maintained. A wood deck typically has a lifespan of 10 to 30 years, while a composite or PVC deck can last half a century or more.
- How much do I need to maintain my deck in St. Charles County, MO?
Regular maintenance is vital to keep your deck looking good and to extend its lifespan. Inspect the deck and clean off any branches or leaves that fall on it when you can. Damaged boards should be replaced immediately, and it's a good idea to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to prevent the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer to St. Charles County, MO homeowners include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in St. Charles County, MO
If you're a homeowner in St. Charles County, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your property is a great way to enhance your outdoor living space. Poynter Landscape, an experienced team of professional St. Charles County, MO deck builders with over 25 years of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your needs and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in St. Charles County, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.