Glendale, MO Deck Builder: Building Your Dream Outdoor Space
Deck builder in Glendale, MO. Are you dreaming of a beautiful and functional outdoor space in Glendale, MO where you can entertain guests, relax with family, or simply enjoy the natural beauty of your surroundings? A well-designed and constructed deck can turn any outdoor area into a stunning and functional living space. However, installing a deck requires a great deal of skill, knowledge, and experience. This is when a professional Glendale, MO deck builder is needed. A skilled deck builder can help you create the outdoor space you've always wanted, from beginning to end. At Poynter Landscape, our regionally recognized designers and craftsman have been helping Glendale, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space of their dreams for over two and a half decades. If you want to add a deck to your property, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Why Build a Deck?
A deck is a great way to expand your living space and enjoy the outdoors. A deck can do wonders for your Glendale, MO home:
- Adds value to your home
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for letting guests enjoy your property
- Enhances your home's appearance
- Perfect for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors in comfort and style
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Glendale, MO?
A deck is an investment you make on your property, and you want to make sure that it's built to last. Working with a professional deck builder in Glendale, MO guarantees that your deck is built the right way. A deck builder will form a team with you to create a custom design that meets your needs and fits your budget. They will also handle applying for any necessary permits and ensure that the deck is built to comply with local Glendale, MO building codes.
While many Glendale, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" part of a home makeover attractive, a professional deck builder will make sure the job is done right. Professionals will be able to come up with design ideas you never thought of or thought possible, and make sure the entire project is done safely. While a DIY approach may cost less up front, if you make any mistakes or have to redo the deck, it'll end up being more expensive than a professional deck builder in the first place.
Possible the biggest benefit of hiring an experienced deck builder is that they can also enhance your yard even further by adding other hardscape and structural elements that fit perfectly with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your hardscaping needs. We also build:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With us, your deck, home, and any other improvements will live together in unison and allow you and your guests to relax and enjoy your property and each other's company.
Glendale, MO Deck Builder: Layouts
When planning for a custom deck in Glendale, MO, there are several things to think about to ensure your needs and tastes are met. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Purpose — What do you want to use your deck for? Are you looking to host large gatherings or prefer a private place to be alone with your thoughts? Having a sense of the way you'll use your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Do you know which side of the house the deck will be on, and what direction it will face? Consider things like shade, wind direction, and what you'll be able to see from the deck to determine where your deck should be located. Also, check with (or have your professional Glendale, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you comply with their guidelines.
- Materials — What should your deck be built with? Some materials are more durable and require different levels of maintenance. Most decks are made of wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. They all have their unique pros and cons, so it is important to understand the specifics of each, pay attention to the advice of professional deck builders, and decide on a material that looks like the best option for your deck.
- Design and Style — How do you want your deck to look? Will it match the rest of your home? There are countless design possibilities for decks, from basic to intricate, traditional to more adventurous. Consider elements such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a cohesive and visually appealing outdoor living space.
- Budget — How much have you put aside for your deck? The materials, size and design all impact the price. Setting a limit on how much you'll spend early in the process will help your design become more focused.
- Maintenance — How much work or money are you willing to put in to keep the deck in shape? Different materials and finishes require different levels of maintenance to keep them looking their best. Be sure to account for the ongoing maintenance costs when designing your deck.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need a permit to install a new deck? The majority of local Glendale, MO government offices mandate permits for new deck construction, and failure to obtain one can result in fines and legal troubles. Additionally, building codes identify minimum standards for how safe the materials and construction are. It is necessary to adhere to all regulations to ensure your deck is safe and legal.
By considering the above factors and hiring a reputable Glendale, MO deck builder, you can create a breathtaking and functional outdoor living space that adds value and relaxation to your home. Just tell us what you need and want, and we'll be able to give you a brand new deck that looks amazing while enhancing your home life.
Deck Materials Used in Glendale, MO
Most decks are built to look like wood, but there are a few different materials that can be used to create the deck you have in mind. Most Glendale, MO deck builders can construct:
- Wood decks are the classic choice for homeowners. They are relatively inexpensive, attractive, and versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to go with your home, and they can be built to fit any size or shape. However, wood decks require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best.
- Composite decks are made with a mixture of wood fibers and plastic. They are durable, low-maintenance, and resist rot and pests. Composite decks are a a popular choice among homeowners who want the look of wood without having to put much time and money into upkeep. They're available in a variety of colors and finishes, however, the color at installation cannot be changed later.
- PVC decks, also known as vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, making them a waterproof and low-maintenance option for homeowners. They are resistant to rot, mold, and mildew and also come in numerous different colors. Vinyl decks are also slip-resistant, making them a good option for homeowners with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for people who want a long-lasting deck with little upkeep. They are resistant to rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a safe choice if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Glendale, MO
Once you've decided on the type of deck you want, it's time to choose a design that meets your needs and complements your Glendale, MO home's architectural style and how your property functions. Here are some popular deck layouts to consider:
- A single-level deck is the design style you see most often. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple and practical outdoor living space. Single-level decks are a good fit when outdoor space is limited or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more complex and adaptable design that can have different spaces devoted to different activities. It can effortlessly connect the indoors with the outdoors and pairs well with a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have separate spots for eating, lounging, and entertaining, and can incorporate stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck runs the entire perimeter of a house, or at least two sides of it. It provides an all-encompassing transition from different areas of your indoor and outdoor space and can offer a feeling of flow. Wraparound decks can be single or multi-level and can incorporate different materials and colors to create visual interest.
- A freestanding deck is built independently from the walls of a house. It is a great option for homeowners who have uneven lawns or want more seclusion. Freestanding decks can be used to create a focal point in the yard, such as a pergola, and can be designed in numerous different shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is built on top of a building or garage. It provides a secluded and elevated outdoor space and can offer breathtaking views of the surrounding area. Rooftop decks require prudent design and construction to ensure they are safe and stable and they should be built with drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck is built just by a swimming pool. It allows swimmers to walk safely without slipping, and it can also be used as an outdoor entertaining area. It's essential to choose a material that can withstand exposure to water and sunlight and is resistant to mold and mildew. Additionally, pool decks should have adequate drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating and causing damage to the deck or pool.
The layout of your deck depends on your personal preferences and how we can make your Glendale, MO yard more cohesive and more relaxing. The right design can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and make your home the envy of the neighborhood for years. As your professional Glendale, MO deck builders, our job is to dare you to imagine all the possibilities and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Deck Building in Glendale, MO
- How long does deck construction take in Glendale, MO?
The timeline for building a deck depends on several factors, including the size of the deck, how elaborate the design is, and the weather conditions. Typically, a standard-sized deck can be constructed in two weeks or less.
- How much does it cost to build a deck in Glendale, MO?
The cost of building a deck can change significantly based on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the intricacy of the design. On average, the cost of a new deck in Glendale, MO ranges from $15 to $30 per square foot. Larger or more complex designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Glendale, MO?
Yes, permits are required to build a deck in Glendale, MO. A professional deck builder, like those at Poynter, will have experience with applying for and obtaining permits and can do so on your behalf.
- How long does a deck last in Glendale, MO?
The lifespan of a deck comes down to your specific situation, including the materials used and how well you keep up with the upkeep. A wood deck typically has a lifespan of 10 to 30 years, while a other materials can last up to 50 years or more.
- How much do I need to maintain my deck in Glendale, MO?
Regular maintenance is essential to keep your deck both attractive and functional. Inspect the deck and clear off any debris that falls on it when you can. Damaged boards should be replaced ASAP, and it's wise to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to prevent the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer to Glendale, MO homeowners include:
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Glendale, MO
If you're a homeowner in Glendale, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your property is a great way to enhance your outdoor living space. Poynter Landscape, an award-winning team of professional Glendale, MO deck builders with over 25 years of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your preferences and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Glendale, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.