Ellisville, MO Deck Builder: Building Your Dream Outdoor Space
Deck builder in Ellisville, MO. If you're a homeowner in Ellisville, MO, you know how essential it is to have a beautiful outdoor space where you can relax and entertain. Is there any better way to do that than by adding a custom-built deck to your backyard? A well-designed deck not only enhances the beauty of your home but also boosts its curb appeal and enhances the experiences of your guests. But building a deck is not an easy task, and that's why you need the help of a professional Ellisville, MO deck builder. At Poynter Landscape, our experienced and knowledge team has been helping Ellisville, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space of their dreams for more than two and a half decades. If you want to add a deck to your property, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs online.
Why Build a Deck?
A deck is a great way to extend your home to the outside. A deck can do wonders for your Ellisville, MO home:
- Increases how much your home is worth
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for letting guests enjoy your property
- Enhances your home's appearance
- Good for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors in comfort and style
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Ellisville, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you need to know you're making a sound investment. Contracting a professional deck builder in Ellisville, MO guarantees that your deck is designed and installed to code and with durable materials. A deck builder will form a team with you to create a custom design that meets your needs and fits your budget. They can also deal with your local municipality or Ellisville, MO homeowners' association on your behalf if needed.
While some Ellisville, MO homeowners find the "DIY" aspect enticing, a professional deck builder is the best way to turn what you have in your head to reality. Professionals will be able to come up with design ideas you never thought of or thought possible, and make sure the entire project is done safely. While doing it yourself may cost less on the front end, if you make any mistakes or have to redo the deck, it'll end up costing more than a professional deck builder in the first place.
Maybe the best reason to hire a professional deck builder is that they can work to complement your yard even further by designing and building other hardscape and structural elements that fit perfectly with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your outdoor comfort needs. We also build:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With Poynter Landscape, all additions to your home will be designed to function together and allow you and your guests to relax and enjoy the scenery and each other's company.
Ellisville, MO Deck Builder: Designs
When planning for a new deck in Ellisville, MO, there are several things to consider to ensure you end up with a functional, durable, and welcoming outdoor living space. The below are some things to keep in mind:
- Purpose — How do you see yourself enjoying your new deck? Would you prefer to host large gatherings or prefer a secluded place to watch nature? Having a sense of the way you'll use your deck will help you determine the size, layout, and features that will suit your needs.
- Location and Orientation — Where will your deck be located? Consider factors like the sun exposure, wind direction, and what you'll be able to see from the deck to determine the best orientation for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional Ellisville, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you stick to setback requirements and other building codes.
- Materials — What should your deck be built with? Some materials are more durable and require different levels of maintenance. Common options include wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. They all have their own advantages and disadvantages, so you need to understand the specifics of each, pay attention to what professional deck builders say, and pick a material that looks like the best option for your deck.
- Design and Style — What design and style matches your tastes? Will it mesh well with the rest of your home? There are innumerable design possibilities for decks, from basic to intricate, traditional to more adventurous. Go over elements such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a cohesive and visually appealing outdoor living space.
- Budget — What are you willing to spend for a custom deck? The materials, size and design all impact the price. Setting a limit on how much you'll spend early in the process will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make the best decision for you and your home.
- Maintenance — How much work or money are you willing to put in to keep the deck in shape? Different materials and finishes require different levels of upkeep to keep them looking their best. Be sure to account for the ongoing maintenance costs when designing your deck.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need permission from your local municipality to install a new deck? Most local Ellisville, MO building codes require permits for new deck construction, and not acquiring one can lead to fines and legal troubles. Furthermore, regulations identify minimum standards for how safe your deck is. It is necessary to adhere to all regulations to ensure both your safety and the legality of the project.
By taking into account the above factors and contracting well-respected Ellisville, MO deck builder, you can create a beautiful and functional outdoor living space that turns your house into a dream home. Just tell Poynter what you have and mind, and we'll be able to give you a brand new deck that looks amazing while enhancing your home life.
Deck Materials Used in Ellisville, MO
Most decks are constructed to have the appearance of wood, however there are a few different materials that can be used to create the deck you have in mind. Most Ellisville, MO deck builders can construct:
- Wood decks never seem to go out of style. They are relatively inexpensive, handsome, and versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to match the color scheme of your home, and they can be customized in any style. However, wood decks require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best.
- Composite decks are made with a mixture of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and prevent rot and pests. Composite decks are a great option for homeowners who want the look of wood without having to put much time and money into upkeep. They come in a variety of colors and finishes, however, the original color can't be changed.
- PVC decks, also called vinyl decks, are made with just plastic, making them a waterproof and low-maintenance option for homeowners. They withstand rot, mold, and mildew and also come in numerous different colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a good choice for homes with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a long-lasting deck with little upkeep. They prevent rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good choice if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Ellisville, MO
Once you know which material you'd like to work with, it's time to choose a layout that works best for you and your yard in Ellisville, MO. Here are some popular deck layouts to consider:
- A single-level deck is the design style you see most often. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple and practical outdoor living space. Single-level decks are a good fit when outdoor space is limited or when budget is a concern.
- A multi-level deck is a more elaborate and versatile style that can have different spaces devoted to different purposes. It can be used to create a smooth transition from the indoors to the outdoors and pairs well with a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have separate spots for dining, lounging, and entertaining, and can incorporate stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck runs the entire perimeter of a house, or at least two sides of it. It provides a seamless transition from one outdoor area to another and can create a sense of continuity. Wraparound decks can be attached to one or more floors and can incorporate different materials and colors to create visual interest.
- A freestanding deck is built independently from the walls of a house. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to create a focal point in the yard, such as a gazebo, and can be designed in numerous different shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is placed on top of a building or garage. It provides a private and elevated outdoor space and can offer incredible views of the surrounding area. Rooftop decks require careful planning and construction to ensure they are safe and stable and they should be built with drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck is built just by a swimming pool. It provides a safe and slip-resistant surface for swimmers to walk on, and it can also be used as an outdoor entertaining area. It's essential to pick a material that can withstand water and weather. Additionally, pool decks should have proper drainage systems to prevent water from gathering and damaging the surrounding deck or area.
The style of your deck will be based on your personal preferences, budget, and the specific needs of your Ellisville, MO home and yard. The right design can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and make your home the envy of the neighborhood for years. As your professional Ellisville, MO deck builders, we dare you to imagine all the possibilities and then design a custom deck made exclusively for your home.
Frequently Asked Questions About Deck Building in Ellisville, MO
- How long does deck construction take in Ellisville, MO?
The timeline for building a deck depends on several factors, including how big the deck is, the complexity of the layout, and the weather conditions. Usually, a standard-sized deck can be built in two weeks or less.
- How much does a custom deck cost in Ellisville, MO?
The cost of building a deck varies depending on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the complexity of the design. On average, the cost of building a deck in Ellisville, MO can be anywhere from $15 to $30 per square foot. Larger or more complex designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Ellisville, MO?
Yes, permits are mandatory to build a deck in Ellisville, MO. A professional deck builder, like those at Poynter, will have experience with applying for and obtaining permits and can do so on your behalf.
- How long does a deck last in Ellisville, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how well it is maintained. A wood deck typically has a lifespan of 10 to 30 years, while a other materials can last half a century or more.
- Is it easy to maintain my deck in Ellisville, MO?
Regular maintenance is essential to keep your deck both attractive and functional. Inspect the deck and clean off any branches or leaves that fall on it regularly. Damaged boards should be replaced promptly, and it's a good idea to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to prevent the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer to Ellisville, MO homeowners include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Ellisville, MO
If you're a homeowner in Ellisville, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your property is a great way to enhance your outdoor living space. Poynter Landscape, a skilled group of professional Ellisville, MO deck builders with more than two and a half decades of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your needs and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Ellisville, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.