Olivette, MO Deck Builder: Building Your Dream Outdoor Space
Deck builder in Olivette, MO. Are you dreaming of a beautiful and functional outdoor space in Olivette, MO where you can entertain guests, relax with family, or simply enjoy the natural beauty of your surroundings? A well-designed and well-built deck can turn any outdoor area into a space everyone wants to be and relax in. However, installing a deck requires a great deal of skill, knowledge, and experience. This is when a professional Olivette, MO deck builder is needed. A skilled deck builder can help you create the outdoor space of your dreams, from start to finish. At Poynter Landscape, our expert designers and craftsman have been helping Olivette, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space of their dreams for more than almost 30 years. If you want to add a deck to your home, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Why You Need a Deck
A deck is a fun and relatively affordable way to expand your living space and enjoy the outdoors. Here are some of the benefits of building a deck in Olivette, MO:
- Adds value to your home
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for outdoor entertaining
- Enhances how your home looks
- Ideal for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without unpacking the tent
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Olivette, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you need to know you're making a sound investment. Trusting a professional deck builder in Olivette, MO guarantees that your deck is designed and installed the right way. A deck builder will form a team with you to come up with a design personalized to your needs and tastes. They can also deal with your local municipality or Olivette, MO HOA on your behalf if needed.
While some Olivette, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" aspect attractive, a professional deck builder is the best way to get a truly amazing deck. Professionals will insight and ideas that no one else will, and make sure the entire project is done safely. While a DIY approach may cost less on the front end, if you make any mistakes or have to redo the deck, it'll end up being more expensive than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Possible the best reason to hire an experienced deck builder is that they can also complement your yard even more by adding other hardscape and structural elements that fit perfectly with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is a one-stop-shop for all of your outdoor living space needs. We can also help with:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With Poynter Landscape, your deck, home, and any other improvements will live together in unison and allow you and your guests to relax and enjoy your property and each other's company.
Olivette, MO Deck Builder: Layouts
If you're thinking about getting a custom deck in Olivette, MO, there are several things to consider to ensure your needs and tastes are met. The following are some things to keep in mind:
- Use — How do you see yourself using your new deck? Are you looking to host large gatherings or prefer a private spot to watch nature? Having a sense of the way you'll use your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Where on the property will your deck go? Keep in mind factors such as the sun exposure, which way the wind usually blows, and views to determine where your deck should be located. Also, check with (or have your professional Olivette, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you stick to their guidelines.
- Materials — What materials do you want to use for your deck? Different materials have different aesthetics, durability, and maintenance needs. Most decks are built with wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. They all have their own advantages and disadvantages, so it is important to do your research, pay attention to what professional deck builders recommend, and pick a material that fits what you need.
- Design and Style — What design and style are you looking for? Will it match your home's architecture and landscape? Decks are built in a wide range of styles, from simple to elaborate, traditional to contemporary. Consider factors such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a connected and visually appealing yard.
- Budget — How much have you put aside for your deck? The price of installing a deck can vary widely based on factors like size, materials, design, and features. Setting a limit on how much you'll spend early on will help your deck become more focused.
- Maintenance — How much work or money are you willing to put in to keep the deck in shape? Different materials and finishes need different levels of upkeep to keep them in top shape. Be sure to account for the ongoing maintenance costs when deciding on your deck's materials and finishes.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need a permit to install a new deck? The majority of local Olivette, MO government offices require permits for new deck construction, and failure to obtain one can result in fines and legal problems. Furthermore, building codes specify minimum safety standards. It is necessary to follow all building codes to ensure both your safety and the legality of the project.
By taking into account these factors and working with well-respected Olivette, MO deck building company, you can create a beautiful and functional outdoor living space that turns your house into a dream home. Just tell us what you have and mind, and we'll be able to give you a custom deck that looks amazing while enhancing your home life.
Deck Materials Used in Olivette, MO
Most materials are constructed to have the appearance of wood, but there are a few different materials that can be used to create the deck you have in mind. Most Olivette, MO deck builders will work with any of the following:
- Wood decks are always popular. They are relatively inexpensive, they look great, and they're very versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to replicate the design of your home, and they can be customized to fit any size or shape. However, maintenance requires more time and money than other decks.
- Composite decks are made from a combination of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and prevent decay and insect infestation. Composite decks are a a popular choice among homeowners who want the classic appearance of wood without having to put much effort into upkeep. They're available in a variety of colors and finishes, but, the original color can't be changed.
- PVC decks, also called vinyl decks, are made with just plastic, making them a waterproof and low-maintenance option for homeowners. They are resistant to rot, mold, and mildew and also come in numerous different colors. Vinyl decks are also slip-resistant, making them a good choice for families with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for people who want a durable and low-maintenance deck. They prevent rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a safe option if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Olivette, MO
Once you know which material you'd like to work with, it's time to focus on finding a style that works best for you and your yard in Olivette, MO. Popular design styles include:
- A single-level deck is the most common and straightforward layout. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple place to hang out with family and friends and relax. Single-level decks are perfect when outdoor space is limited or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more elaborate and adaptable layout that can have different spaces devoted to different activities. It can be used to create a smooth transition from the indoors to the outdoors and make use of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have distinct spots for dining, relaxing, and entertaining, and can include stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck goes all the way around a house or part of a house. It provides a seamless transition from different areas of your home and can offer a feeling of flow. Wraparound decks can cover one or more floors and can be built with different materials and finishes to create visual interest.
- A freestanding deck is not attached to the side of a building. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to create a focal point in the yard, such as a gazebo, and comes in numerous different shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is placed on top of your home or garage. It provides a secluded and elevated outdoor space and can offer incredible scenic views. Rooftop decks require prudent design and construction to ensure they are safe to be on and they should be built with drainage systems to prevent water from pooling up and damaging the deck.
- A pool deck surrounds a swimming pool. It provides a safe and slip-resistant surface for swimmers to walk on, and non-swimmers can use it to lounge around. It's important to pick a material that can withstand water and weather. Additionally, pool decks should have sufficient drainage systems to prevent water from pooling up and damaging the surrounding deck or area.
The design of your deck will be based on your tastes, budget, and the specific needs of your Olivette, MO home and yard. The right style can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and make your home the envy of the neighborhood for years. As your professional Olivette, MO deck builders, we ask you to dream big and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
FAQs From Your Olivette, MO Deck Builder
- How long does it take to build a deck in Olivette, MO?
The duration of the project depends on several factors, including how big the deck is, how elaborate the design is, and the weather conditions. Usually, a standard-sized deck can be built in two weeks or less.
- How much does a new deck cost in Olivette, MO?
The cost of building a deck varies depending on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the intricacy of the design. Typically, the price of a custom deck in Olivette, MO ranges from $15 to $30 per square foot. Bigger or more ornate designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Olivette, MO?
Yes, permits are mandatory to build a deck in Olivette, MO. A professional deck builder will have experience with your municipality and can apply for and obtain the necessary permits on your behalf.
- How long does a deck last in Olivette, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how well you keep up with the upkeep. A wood deck can last anywhere from 10 to 30 years, while a other materials can last half a century or more.
- How do I maintain my deck in Olivette, MO?
Regular maintenance is essential to keep your deck both appealing and functional. Inspect the deck and clear off any branches or leaves that fall on it when you can. Damaged boards should be replaced ASAP, and it's a good idea to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to prevent the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer to Olivette, MO homeowners include:
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Olivette, MO
If you're a homeowner in Olivette, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your property is a great way to enhance your outdoor living space. Poynter Landscape, an experienced team of professional Olivette, MO deck builders with over two and a half decades of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your needs and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Olivette, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.