Clarkson Valley, MO Deck Builder: Building Your Dream Outdoor Space
Deck builder in Clarkson Valley, MO. Are you dreaming of a beautiful and functional outdoor space in Clarkson Valley, MO where you can entertain guests, relax with family, or simply enjoy the natural beauty of your surroundings? A well-planned and well-built deck can turn any outdoor area into a stunning and functional living space. However, designing and building a deck requires a great deal of skill, knowledge, and experience. This is where a professional Clarkson Valley, MO deck builder comes in. A skilled deck builder can design and implement the outdoor space of your dreams, from start to finish. At Poynter Landscape, our expert designers and craftsman have been helping Clarkson Valley, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space they've always wanted for over almost three decades. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your property, speak to a Poynter team member today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Benefits of Having a Deck
A deck is a fun and relatively budget-friendly way to extend your home to the outside. A deck can do wonders for your Clarkson Valley, MO home:
- Adds value to your home
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for outdoor entertaining
- Enhances how your home looks
- Perfect for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors in comfort and style
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Clarkson Valley, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you need to know you're making a sound investment. Working with a professional deck builder in Clarkson Valley, MO guarantees that your deck is designed and installed the right way. A deck builder will work with you to create a custom design that meets your needs and fits your budget. They will also take care of applying for any necessary permits and ensure that the deck is built to comply with local Clarkson Valley, MO building codes.
While some Clarkson Valley, MO homeowners find the "DIY" part of a home makeover alluring, a professional deck builder is the best way to get a truly amazing deck. Professionals will be able to come up with design ideas you never thought of or thought possible, and make sure you and your property are unharmed during installation. While doing it yourself may save some money up front, if you make any mistakes or have to redo the deck, it'll end up being more expensive than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Maybe the best reason to hire a professional deck builder is that they can help enhance your yard even more by designing and installing other hardscape and structural elements that are a perfect match for your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your hardscaping needs. We also build:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With us, all additions to your yard will be designed to function together and allow you and friends and family to relax and enjoy the scenery and each other's company.
Clarkson Valley, MO Deck Builder: Layouts
If you're thinking about getting a custom deck in Clarkson Valley, MO, there are several things to keep in mind to ensure you end up with a functional, durable, and appealing outdoor living space. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Purpose — What do you want to use your deck for? Do you plan to host friends and neighbors for a grilling or prefer a private spot to be alone with your thoughts? Having a sense of the intended purpose of your deck will help you determine the size, layout, and features that will suit your needs.
- Location and Orientation — Where on the property will your deck go? Consider factors such as sun and shade, which way the wind usually blows, and what you'll be able to see from the deck to determine the best location and direction for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional Clarkson Valley, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you comply with setback requirements and other building codes.
- Materials — What materials will be used in the construction of your deck? Different materials have different appearances, durability, and maintenance needs. Common options include wood, composite, PVC, or aluminum. Each material has its unique pros and cons, so it is important to understand the specifics of each, heed what professional deck builders say, and pick a material that fits what you need.
- Design and Style — How do you want your deck to look? Will it match the rest of your home? Decks are built in a wide range of styles, from basic to elaborate, conventional to contemporary. Consider elements such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a connected and visually appealing yard.
- Budget — What are you willing to spend for a custom deck? The price of building a deck can change drastically based on factors such as size, materials, design, and features. Setting a limit on how much you'll spend early on will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make the best decision for you and your home.
- Maintenance — Are you willing to put in work for maintenance, or pay someone else to do it? Different materials and finishes require different levels of upkeep to keep them looking their best. Be sure to include the ongoing maintenance expenses when designing your deck.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need permission from your local municipality to install a new deck? The majority of local Clarkson Valley, MO building codes require you to apply for a permit for a new deck, and not acquiring one can lead to fines and legal issues. Additionally, regulations specify minimum safety standards. It is necessary to follow all building codes to ensure your deck is safe and legal.
By considering the above factors and working with a trustworthy Clarkson Valley, MO deck builder, you can create a beautiful and functional yard that turns your house into a dream home. Just tell us what you need and want, and we'll be able to give you a custom deck that looks amazing while serving a purpose.
Deck Materials Used in Clarkson Valley, MO
Most materials are built to have the appearance of wood, but there are a few different materials that deck builders use to create your custom deck. Most Clarkson Valley, MO deck builders can construct:
- Wood decks never seem to go out of style. They are relatively inexpensive, they look great, and they're very versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to match the color scheme of your home, and they can be built to fit any size or shape. However, maintenance requires more time and money than other building materials.
- Composite decks are made with a mixture of wood fibers and plastic. They are durable, low-maintenance, and withstand decay and insects and animals. Composite decks are a a popular choice among homeowners who want the classic appearance of wood without the maintenance. They come in a variety of colors and finishes, however, the original color can't be changed.
- PVC decks, also referred to as vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, so they're water resistant and don't require much maintenance. They withstand rot, mold, and mildew and also come in a wide range of colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a good option for homes with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a long-lasting deck with little upkeep. They are resistant to rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good option if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Clarkson Valley, MO
Once you know which material works best for you and your home, it's time to focus on finding a design that works best for you and your yard in Clarkson Valley, MO. Popular design styles include:
- A single-level deck is the design style you see most often. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple and practical outdoor living space. Single-level decks are perfect when outdoor space is limited or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more intricate and versatile layout that can have different spaces devoted to different uses. It can effortlessly connect the indoors with the outdoors and make use of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have distinct areas for eating, lounging, and entertaining, and can be built with stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck goes all the way around a house or part of a house. It provides an all-encompassing transition from different areas of your home and can instill a sense of flow. Wraparound decks can cover one or more floors and can be constructed with different materials and colors to offer more interesting design elements.
- A freestanding deck is not attached to a house or other structure. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to create a focal point in the yard, such as a pergola, and can be built with numerous different shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is built on top of your home or garage. It offers a private and elevated outdoor space and can offer stunning scenic views. Rooftop decks require careful planning and construction to ensure they are safe and stable and they should be built with drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck surrounds a swimming pool. It allows swimmers to walk safely without slipping, and non-swimmers can use it to relax. It's imperative to pick a material that can withstand exposure to water and sunlight and is resistant to mold and mildew. Additionally, pool decks should have sufficient drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating and causing damage to the deck or pool.
The design of your deck depends on your tastes, budget, and the specific needs of your Clarkson Valley, MO home and yard. The right style can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and make your neighbors jealous for years. As your professional Clarkson Valley, MO deck builders, our job is to dare you to dream big and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
FAQs From Your Clarkson Valley, MO Deck Builder
- How long does deck construction take in Clarkson Valley, MO?
The timeline for building a deck depends on several factors, including the size of the deck, how elaborate the design is, and exposure to harsher elements. Typically, a standard-sized deck can be built in two weeks or less.
- How much does a custom deck cost in Clarkson Valley, MO?
The construction cost can change significantly based on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the intricacy of the design. On average, the price of a new deck in Clarkson Valley, MO can be anywhere from $15 to $30 per square foot. Bigger or more elaborate designs can cost $50-$60 per square foot.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Clarkson Valley, MO?
Yes, you will need a permit to build a deck in Clarkson Valley, MO. A professional deck builder, like those at Poynter, will have experience with applying for and obtaining permits and can do so on your behalf.
- What is the lifespan of a deck in Clarkson Valley, MO?
The lifespan of a deck comes down to your specific situation, including the materials used and how frequently and well it is maintained. A wood deck typically has a lifespan of 10 to 30 years, while a composite or PVC deck can last up to 50 years or more.
- How do I maintain my deck in Clarkson Valley, MO?
Regular maintenance is essential to keep your deck looking good and to extend its lifespan. Inspect the deck and clear off any branches or leaves that fall on it when you can. Damaged boards should be replaced immediately, and it's wise to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to reduce the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer in Clarkson Valley, MO include:
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Clarkson Valley, MO
If you're a homeowner in Clarkson Valley, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your home is a great way to make your home more comfortable and more fun. Poynter Landscape, an experienced team of professional Clarkson Valley, MO deck builders with more than 25 years of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your tastes and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Clarkson Valley, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs online.