Wildwood, MO Deck Builder: Building The Backyard Of Your Dreams
Deck builder in Wildwood, MO. If you're a homeowner in Wildwood, MO, you know how essential it is to have a beautiful outdoor space for both you and your guests to enjoy. Is there any better way to do that than by adding a custom-built deck to your backyard? A well-designed deck not only enhances the beauty of your home but also increases its curb appeal and enhances the experiences of your guests. But building a deck is not something just anyone can do, and that's why you need the help of a professional Wildwood, MO deck builder. At Poynter Landscape, our expert designers and craftsman have been helping Wildwood, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space they've always wanted for over 25 years. If you want to add a deck to your home, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Benefits of Having a Deck
A deck is a fun and relatively budget-friendly way to extend your home to the outside. Here are some of the benefits of building a deck in Wildwood, MO:
- Adds value to your home
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for letting guests enjoy your property
- Enhances the aesthetic appeal of your home
- Good for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors in comfort and style
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Wildwood, MO?
A deck is an investment you make on your property, and you want to make sure it will stand up over the years. Working with a professional deck builder in Wildwood, MO ensures that your deck is built the right way. A deck builder will work with you to come up with a design personalized to your needs and tastes. They can also deal with your local municipality or Wildwood, MO HOA on your behalf if needed.
While many Wildwood, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" part of a home addition alluring, a professional deck builder is the best way to get a truly amazing deck. Professionals will be able to come up with design ideas you never thought of or thought possible, and make sure the entire project is done safely. While a DIY approach may save some money up front, if you make any mistakes or have to redo the deck, it'll end up costing more than a professional deck builder in the first place.
Perhaps the biggest benefit of hiring a professional deck builder is that they can also complement your yard even further by designing and building other hardscape and structural elements that go hand-in-hand with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your outdoor living space needs. We can also help with:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With us, your deck, home, and any other improvements will be designed to function together and allow you and friends and family to effortlessly enjoy your outdoor space.
Wildwood, MO Deck Builder: Designs
If you're thinking about getting a custom deck in Wildwood, MO, there are several factors to keep in mind to ensure your needs and tastes are met. The following are some things to keep in mind:
- Use — What do you want to use your deck for? Do you plan to host large gatherings or prefer a private spot to watch nature? Understanding how you want to engage with your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Do you know which side of the house the deck will be on, and what direction it will face? Consider factors such as shade, wind direction, and what you'll be able to see from the deck to determine the best orientation for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional Wildwood, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you stick to setback requirements and other building codes.
- Materials — What materials do you want to use for your deck? The choice of materials will affect the durability, maintenance, and appearance of your deck. Common options include wood, composite, PVC, or aluminum. They all have their unique pros and cons, so you need to do your research, pay attention to what professional deck builders recommend, and pick a material that looks like the best option for you and your home.
- Design and Style — What design and style do you want for your deck? Will it match your home's architecture and landscape? Decks come in a variety of styles, from straightforward to elaborate, traditional to more adventurous. Think about elements such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a connected and beautiful yard.
- Budget — How much have you saved up for your deck? The materials, size and other features all impact the price. Deciding on a limit on how much you'll spend early on will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make informed decisions about your deck project.
- Maintenance — How much work or money are you willing to put in to keep the deck in shape? Different materials and finishes need different levels of upkeep to prevent the need for costly repairs and keep them looking great. Be sure to factor in the ongoing maintenance costs when deciding on your deck's materials and finishes.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need a permit to build your deck? The majority of local Wildwood, MO government offices mandate permits for new deck construction, and failure to obtain one can lead to fines and legal issues. Additionally, regulations identify minimum standards for structural safety, including framing, footings, and railing. It is essential to comply with all building codes to ensure both your safety and the legality of your deck.
By considering these factors and hiring a reputable Wildwood, MO deck builder, you can create an appealing and functional property that turns your house into a dream home. Just tell Poynter what you have and mind, and we'll deliver a custom deck that both looks and functions great.
Deck Materials Used in Wildwood, MO
Most materials are built to look like wood, however there are a few different materials that can be used to create the deck you have in mind. Most Wildwood, MO deck builders can construct:
- Wood decks never seem to go out of style. They are affordable, they look great, and they're very versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to go with your home, and they can be customized to fit any size or shape. However, maintenance requires more effort than other building materials.
- Composite decks are made from a combination of wood fibers and plastic. They are durable, low-maintenance, and prevent rot and insect infestation. Composite decks are a great option for homeowners who want the classic appearance of wood without having to put much time and money into upkeep. They're available in a wide range of colors and finishes, but, the original color can't be changed.
- PVC decks, also referred to as vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, so they're water resistant and don't require much maintenance. They are resistant to rot, mold, and mildew and also come in a variety of colors. Vinyl decks are also slip-resistant, making them a good option for families with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a durable and low-maintenance deck. They are resistant to rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good choice if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Wildwood, MO
Once you know which material works best for you and your home, it's time to choose a style that works best for you and your yard in Wildwood, MO. Here are some popular deck layouts to consider:
- A single-level deck is the most common and straightforward layout. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple place to gather and relax. Single-level decks are perfect when outdoor space is limited or when budget is a concern.
- A multi-level deck is a more elaborate and adaptable style that provides different areas for different activities. It can effortlessly connect the indoors with the outdoors and pairs well with a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have distinct spots for dining, lounging, and entertaining, and can be built with stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck goes all the way around a house or part of a house. It provides an all-encompassing transition from different areas of your indoor and outdoor space and can instill a feeling of flow. Wraparound decks can be single or multi-level and can incorporate different materials and colors to create visual interest.
- A freestanding deck is built independently from the walls of a house. It is a great option for homeowners who have uneven lawns or want more seclusion. Freestanding decks can be used to accentuate a certain aspect of your yard, such as a gazebo, and can be built with various shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is placed on top of your home or garage. It offers a secure and raised outdoor space and can offer breathtaking views of the surrounding area. Rooftop decks require careful design and engineering to ensure they are safe to be on and they should be built with drainage systems to prevent water from pooling up and damaging the deck.
- A pool deck is placed just by a swimming pool. It provides a safe and slip-resistant surface for swimmers to walk on, and it can also be used as an outdoor entertaining area. It's essential to choose a material that can withstand the elements. Additionally, pool decks should have sufficient drainage systems to prevent water from pooling up and damaging the surrounding deck or area.
The layout of your deck depends on your tastes, budget, and the specific needs of your Wildwood, MO home and yard. The right style can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and provide years of enjoyment. As your professional Wildwood, MO deck builders, we ask you to imagine all the possibilities and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
FAQs About Deck Building in Wildwood, MO
- How long does deck construction take in Wildwood, MO?
The duration of the project depends on several factors, including how big the deck is, how elaborate the design is, and exposure to weather. On average, a standard-sized deck can be built in two weeks or less.
- How much does a custom deck cost in Wildwood, MO?
The cost of building a deck can change drastically based on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the complexity of the design. Typically, the price of building a deck in Wildwood, MO can be anywhere from $15 to $30 per square foot. Larger or more intricate designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Wildwood, MO?
Yes, you will need a permit to build a deck in Wildwood, MO. A professional deck builder will have experience with applying for and obtaining permits and can do so on your behalf.
- How long does a deck last in Wildwood, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how frequently and well it is maintained. A wood deck can last between 10 to 30 years, while a composite or PVC deck can last up to 50 years or more.
- Is it easy to maintain my deck in Wildwood, MO?
Regular maintenance is essential to keep your deck both appealing and functional. Inspect the deck and clean off any branches or leaves that fall on it consistently. Damaged boards should be replaced ASAP, and it's wise to schedule a professional deck cleaning annually to reduce the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer in Wildwood, MO include:
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Wildwood, MO
If you're a homeowner in Wildwood, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your backyard is a great way to make your home more comfortable and more fun. Poynter Landscape, a skilled group of professional Wildwood, MO deck builders with over 25 years of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your preferences and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Wildwood, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.