Maplewood, MO Deck Builder: Building The Backyard You've Always Wanted
Deck builder in Maplewood, MO. Are you dreaming of a beautiful and functional outdoor space in Maplewood, MO where you can entertain guests, relax with family, or simply enjoy the natural beauty of your surroundings? A well-planned and well-built deck can transform any outdoor area into a space everyone wants to be and relax in. However, designing and building a deck requires a great deal of skill, knowledge, and experience. This is when a professional Maplewood, MO deck builder is needed. A skilled deck builder can design and implement the outdoor space of your dreams, from start to finish. At Poynter Landscape, our regionally recognized designers and craftsman have been helping Maplewood, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space they've always wanted for over almost 30 years. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your outdoor living space, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Why Build a Deck?
A deck is a wonderful way to extend your home to the outside. Here are some of the benefits of building a deck in Maplewood, MO:
- Adds value to your home
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for letting guests enjoy your property
- Enhances your home's appearance
- Ideal for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without going camping
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Maplewood, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you need to know you're making a sound investment. Working with a professional deck builder in Maplewood, MO guarantees that your deck is built to code and with the highest quality materials. A deck builder will work with you to come up with a design personalized to your needs and preferences. They can also apply for permits with your local municipality or Maplewood, MO HOA on your behalf if needed.
While many Maplewood, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" part of a home makeover alluring, a professional deck builder will make sure the job is done right. Professionals will insight and ideas that no one else will, and make sure you and your property are unharmed when we build the deck. While a DIY approach may cost less initially, if you end up having to correct or redo your work, the repair and extra materials will end up being more expensive than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Perhaps the biggest benefit of hiring an experienced deck builder is that they can work to supplement your yard even more by designing and building other hardscape and structural elements that fit perfectly with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your hardscaping needs. We also build:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With us, your deck, home, and any other improvements will live together as one and allow you and your guests to effortlessly enjoy everything your yard has to offer.
How to Choose the Best Deck Layout for Your Maplewood, MO Home
If you're thinking about getting a custom deck in Maplewood, MO, there are several things to consider to ensure your needs and tastes are met. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Purpose — What do you want to use your deck for? Do you plan to host large gatherings or prefer a secluded spot to be alone with your thoughts? Having a sense of the way you'll use your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Where on the property will your deck go? Keep in mind things such as sun and shade, wind direction, and scenery to determine the best location and direction for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional Maplewood, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you adhere to their codes.
- Materials — What should your deck be built with? The choice of materials will affect the durability, maintenance, and appearance of your deck. Common options include wood, composite, PVC, or aluminum. They all have their own pros and cons, so it is important to understand the specifics of each, listen to the guidance of professional deck builders, and pick a material that looks like the best option for your deck.
- Design and Style — How do you want your deck to look? Will it complement your home's architecture and landscape? There are numerous design possibilities for decks, from straightforward to detailed, conventional to contemporary. Think about factors such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a cohesive and visually appealing yard.
- Budget — What are you willing to spend for a custom deck? The price of building a deck can vary significantly based on factors such as size, materials, design, and features. Setting a limit on how much you'll spend early in the process will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make the best decision for you and your home.
- Maintenance — Are you willing to put in work for maintenance, or pay someone else to do it? Different materials and finishes require different levels of upkeep to keep them in top shape. Be sure to factor in the ongoing maintenance costs when deciding on your deck's materials and finishes.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need a permit to install a new deck? Most local Maplewood, MO government offices require permits for new deck construction, and not acquiring one can result in fines and legal troubles. Furthermore, building codes identify minimum safety standards. It is necessary to adhere to all building codes to ensure your deck is safe and legal.
By considering the above factors and hiring a reputable Maplewood, MO deck builder, you can create a breathtaking and functional yard that turns your house into a dream home. Just tell Poynter what you need and want, and we'll deliver a custom deck that looks amazing while serving a purpose.
Deck Materials Used in Maplewood, MO
Most decks are constructed to have the appearance of wood, however there are a few different materials that can be used to create your custom deck. Most Maplewood, MO deck builders can construct:
- Wood decks are the classic option for homeowners. They are affordable, charming, and versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to replicate the design of your home, and they can be customized in any style. However, wood decks require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best.
- Composite decks are made with a mixture of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and resist rot and pests. Composite decks are a a popular choice among homeowners who want the look of wood without the maintenance. They're available in a variety of colors and finishes, but, the original color can't be changed.
- PVC decks, also known as vinyl decks, are made with just plastic, so they're water resistant and don't require much maintenance. They withstand rot, mold, and mildew and also come in a wide range of colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a safe choice for homes with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a durable and low-maintenance deck. They are resistant to rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good option if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Maplewood, MO
Once you know which material works best for you and your home, it's time to focus on finding a style that works best for you and your yard in Maplewood, MO. Popular design styles include:
- A single-level deck is the most common and straightforward layout. It is a flat, low-to-the-ground deck that provides a simple place to gather and relax. Single-level decks are a good fit for homes with smaller yards or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more complex and versatile design that offers different areas for different activities. It can be used to create a smooth transition from the indoors to the outdoors and make use of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have separate areas for dining, relaxing, and entertaining, and can incorporate stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck runs the entire perimeter of a house, or at least two sides of it. It provides a seamless transition from different areas of your home and can create a sense of continuity. Wraparound decks can be single or multi-level and can incorporate different materials and colors to create visual interest.
- A freestanding deck is built independently from the walls of a house. It is a great option for homeowners who have uneven lawns or want increased seclusion. Freestanding decks can be used to create a focal point in the yard, such as a gazebo, and comes in various shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is built on top of your home or garage. It offers a secluded and elevated outdoor space and can offer stunning scenic views. Rooftop decks require careful design and engineering to ensure they are safe to be on and the construction should include drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck is built just by a swimming pool. It allows swimmers to walk safely without slipping, and non-swimmers can use it to relax. It's vital to pick a material that can withstand the elements. Additionally, pool decks should have sufficient drainage systems to prevent water from gathering and damaging the surrounding deck or area.
The design of your deck depends on your personal preferences and how we can make your Maplewood, MO yard more cohesive and more enjoyable. The right design can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and provide years of enjoyment. As your professional Maplewood, MO deck builders, we ask you to dream big and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
Frequently Asked Questions From Your Maplewood, MO Deck Builder
- How long does deck construction take in Maplewood, MO?
How long it takes to build your deck depends on several factors, including the size of the deck, the intricacy of the design, and exposure to weather. Usually, it takes about one to two weeks to build a standard-sized deck.
- How much does a custom deck cost in Maplewood, MO?
The cost of building a deck varies depending on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the complexity of the design. Generally, the price of building a deck in Maplewood, MO can be anywhere from $15 to $30 per square foot. Larger or more elaborate designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Maplewood, MO?
Yes, permits are required to build a deck in Maplewood, MO. A professional deck builder will have experience with your municipality and can apply for and obtain the necessary permits on your behalf.
- How long does a deck last in Maplewood, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how well it is maintained. A wood deck can last between 10 to 30 years, while a other materials can last half a century or more.
- How much do I need to maintain my deck in Maplewood, MO?
Regular maintenance is important to keep your deck looking good and to extend its lifespan. Inspect the deck and clear off any debris that falls on it consistently. Damaged boards should be replaced ASAP, and it's wise to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to prevent the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer in Maplewood, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Maplewood, MO
If you're a homeowner in Maplewood, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your backyard is a great way to make your home more comfortable and more fun. Poynter Landscape, a skilled group of professional Maplewood, MO deck builders with over 25 years of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your preferences and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Maplewood, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.