St. Louis County, MO Deck Builder: Building Your Dream Outdoor Space
Deck builder in St. Louis County, MO. If you're a homeowner in St. Louis County, MO, you know how essential it is to have an eye-catching outdoor space for both you and your guests to enjoy. Is there any better way to do that than by adding a custom-built deck to your property? A well-designed deck not only enhances the beauty of your home but also increases its curb appeal and allows your guests to enjoy it more. But building a deck is not something just anyone can do, and that's why you need the help of a professional St. Louis County, MO deck builder. At Poynter Landscape, our expert group has been helping St. Louis County, MO homeowners achieve their outdoor living space needs for over almost 30 years. If you want to add a deck to your home, speak to a Poynter representative today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Why You Need a Deck
A deck is a great way to expand your living space and enjoy the outdoors. A deck can do wonders for your St. Louis County, MO home:
- Adds value to your home
- Increases living space
- Provides a space for entertaining guests outdoors
- Enhances your home's appearance
- Ideal for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without going camping
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in St. Louis County, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you need to know you're making a sound investment. Trusting a professional deck builder in St. Louis County, MO guarantees that your deck is designed and installed to code and with the highest quality materials. A deck builder will work with you to come up with a design personalized to your needs and tastes. They can also deal with your local municipality or St. Louis County, MO HOA on your behalf if needed.
While some St. Louis County, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" aspect enticing, a professional deck builder will make sure the job is done right. Professionals will be able to come up with design ideas you never thought of or thought possible, and make sure the entire project is done safely. While a DIY approach may cost less up front, if you end up having to correct or redo your work, it'll end up costing more than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Maybe the biggest benefit of hiring an experienced deck builder is that they can help supplement your yard even further by designing and building other hardscape and structural elements that go hand-in-hand with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is a one-stop-shop for all of your outdoor living space needs. We also build:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With Poynter Landscape, your deck, home, and any other improvements will live together in unison and allow you and your guests to relax and enjoy the scenery and each other's company.
How to Pick the Best Deck Design for Your St. Louis County, MO Home
If you're thinking about getting a new deck in St. Louis County, MO, there are several factors to consider to ensure your needs and tastes are met. The following are some things to keep in mind:
- Purpose — What do you want to use your deck for? Are you looking to host friends and neighbors for a barbeque or prefer a secluded spot to watch nature? Having a sense of the intended purpose of your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Where on the property will your deck go? Consider things such as the sun exposure, which way the wind usually blows, and scenery to determine where your deck should be located. Also, check with (or have your professional St. Louis County, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you adhere to their guidelines.
- Materials — What should your deck be built with? Some materials are more durable and require different levels of maintenance. Common options include wood, composite, PVC, or aluminum. They all have their unique pros and cons, so you need to understand the specifics of each, pay attention to what professional deck builders tell you, and choose a material that meets your requirements and budget.
- Design and Style — How do you want your deck to look? Will it match your home's architecture and landscape? Decks come in a variety of styles, from simple to intricate, traditional to contemporary. Think about elements such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a united and visually appealing yard.
- Budget — How much are you willing to spend on your deck? The materials, size and other features all impact the price. Deciding on a budget early in the process will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make the best decision for you and your home.
- Maintenance — How much work or money are you willing to put in to keep the deck in shape? Different materials and finishes need different levels of upkeep to keep them looking their best. Be sure to factor in the ongoing maintenance costs when deciding on your deck's materials and finishes.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need a permit to install a new deck? The majority of local St. Louis County, MO building codes require you to apply for a permit for a new deck, and failure to obtain one can lead to fines and legal troubles. Additionally, building codes specify minimum standards for how safe the materials and construction are. It is essential to abide by all building codes to ensure your deck is safe and legal.
By considering the above factors and contracting a reputable St. Louis County, MO deck builder, you can create an appealing and functional yard that adds value and joy to your home. Just tell Poynter what you need and want, and we'll be able to give you a custom deck that both looks and functions great.
Deck Materials Used in St. Louis County, MO
Most materials are built to have the appearance of wood, however there are several different materials that can be used to create the deck you have in mind. Most St. Louis County, MO deck builders can construct:
- Wood decks are the classic choice for homeowners. They are affordable, handsome, and versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to go with your home, and they can be customized in any style. However, maintenance requires more effort than other decks.
- Composite decks are made from a combination of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and resist rot and pests. Composite decks are a great option for homeowners who want the classic appearance of wood without having to put much time and money into upkeep. They come in a variety of colors and finishes, but, that will be the deck's color forever.
- PVC decks, also known as vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, so they're water resistant and don't require much maintenance. They withstand rot, mold, and mildew and also come in a variety of colors. Vinyl decks are also slip-resistant, making them a good option for homes with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a long-lasting and low-maintenance deck. They are resistant to rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good choice if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in St. Louis County, MO
Once you know which material you'd like to work with, it's time to choose a design that works best for you and your yard in St. Louis County, MO. Here are some popular deck layouts to consider:
- A single-level deck is the most common and straightforward style. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple and practical outdoor living space. Single-level decks are a good fit when outdoor space is limited or when budget is a concern.
- A multi-level deck is a more complex and versatile style that can have different spaces devoted to different activities. It can effortlessly connect the indoors with the outdoors and make use of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have distinct areas for dining, relaxing, and entertaining, and can incorporate stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck goes all the way around a house or part of a house. It provides an all-encompassing transition from different areas of your home and can create a sense of flow. Wraparound decks can cover one or more floors and can incorporate different materials and finishes to offer more interesting design elements.
- A freestanding deck is built independently from the walls of a house. It is a great option for homeowners who have uneven lawns or want more seclusion. Freestanding decks can be used to accentuate a certain aspect of your yard, such as a gazebo, and can be built with numerous different shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is built on top of a building or garage. It offers a private and elevated outdoor space and can offer incredible views of the surrounding area. Rooftop decks require prudent planning and engineering to ensure they are safe to be on and the construction should include drainage systems to prevent water from pooling up and damaging the deck.
- A pool deck is built just by a swimming pool. It allows swimmers to walk safely without slipping, and non-swimmers can use it to relax. It's imperative to pick a material that can withstand the elements. Additionally, pool decks should have sufficient drainage systems to prevent water from gathering and causing damage to the deck or pool.
The style of your deck depends on your tastes and how we can make your St. Louis County, MO outdoor living space more cohesive and more enjoyable. The right style can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and provide years of enjoyment. As your professional St. Louis County, MO deck builders, we dare you to imagine all the possibilities and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
Frequently Asked Questions From Your St. Louis County, MO Deck Builder
- How long does deck construction take in St. Louis County, MO?
The duration of the project depends on several factors, including how big the deck is, how elaborate the design is, and the weather conditions. On average, a standard-sized deck can be built in two weeks or less.
- How much does a new deck cost in St. Louis County, MO?
The cost of building a deck can change drastically based on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the complexity of the design. Generally, the price of a custom deck in St. Louis County, MO can be anywhere from $15 to $30 per square foot. Larger or more intricate designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in St. Louis County, MO?
Yes, permits are mandatory to build a deck in St. Louis County, MO. A professional deck builder will have experience with applying for and obtaining permits and can do so on your behalf.
- What is the lifespan of a deck in St. Louis County, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how well you keep up with the upkeep. A wood deck typically has a lifespan of 10 to 30 years, while a other materials can last up to 50 years or more.
- How do I maintain my deck in St. Louis County, MO?
Regular maintenance is important to keep your deck both attractive and functional. Inspect the deck and clean off any branches or leaves that fall on it consistently. Damaged boards should be replaced immediately, and it's a good idea to schedule a professional deck cleaning annually to prevent the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer in St. Louis County, MO include:
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in St. Louis County, MO
If you're a homeowner in St. Louis County, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your home is a great way to make your home more comfortable and more fun. Poynter Landscape, a knowledgeable group of professional St. Louis County, MO deck builders with more than two and a half decades of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your preferences and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in St. Louis County, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs online.