Allenton, MO Deck Builder: Building Your Dream Outdoor Space
Deck builder in Allenton, MO. Are you dreaming of a beautiful and functional outdoor space in Allenton, MO where you can entertain guests, relax with family, or simply enjoy the natural beauty of your surroundings? A well-designed and constructed deck can turn any outdoor area into a stunning and functional living space. However, designing and building a deck requires a great deal of skill, knowledge, and experience. This is when a professional Allenton, MO deck builder is needed. A skilled deck builder can design and implement the outdoor space of your dreams, from start to finish. At Poynter Landscape, our award-winning designers and craftsman have been helping Allenton, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space they've always wanted for more than 25 years. If you want to add a deck to your outdoor living space, speak to a Poynter representative today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Benefits of Having a Deck
A deck is a fun and relatively budget-friendly way to extend your home to the outside. Here are some of the benefits of building a deck in Allenton, MO:
- Increases home value
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for outdoor entertaining
- Enhances your home's appearance
- Good for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without unpacking the tent
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Allenton, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you want to make sure it will stand up over the years. Contracting a professional deck builder in Allenton, MO guarantees that your deck is designed and installed the right way. A deck builder will work with you to come up with a custom design that meets your needs and fits your budget. They will also take care of obtaining any necessary permits and ensure that the deck is built to comply with local Allenton, MO building codes.
While some Allenton, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" aspect attractive, a professional deck builder is the best way to turn what you have in your head to reality. Professionals will insight and ideas that no one else will, and make sure the entire project is done safely. While doing it yourself may cost less initially, if you make any mistakes or have to redo the deck, it'll end up costing more than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Possible the biggest benefit of hiring a professional deck builder is that they can also complement your yard even further by adding other hardscape and structural elements that fit perfectly with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your outdoor comfort needs. We also build:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With us, your deck, home, and any other improvements will be designed to function together and allow you and your guests to relax and enjoy the scenery and each other's company.
How to Pick the Best Deck Design for Your Allenton, MO Home
If you're thinking about getting a custom deck in Allenton, MO, there are several things to consider to ensure you get the best end product. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Use — What do you want to use your deck for? Would you prefer to host large gatherings or prefer a secluded place to watch nature? Understanding how you want to engage with your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Where on the property will your deck go? Keep in mind factors such as sun and shade, wind direction, and what you'll be able to see from the deck to determine the best orientation for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional Allenton, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you comply with their codes.
- Materials — What materials will be used in the construction of your deck? The choice of materials will affect the durability, maintenance, and appearance of your deck. Most decks are built with wood, composite, PVC, or aluminum. Each material has its unique pros and cons, so it is important to understand the specifics of each, pay attention to what professional deck builders recommend, and pick a material that meets your requirements and budget.
- Design and Style — How do you want your deck to look? Will it match the rest of your home? There are countless design options for decks, from simple to detailed, conventional to more adventurous. Go over aspects such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a united and visually appealing yard.
- Budget — How much are you willing to spend on your deck? The cost of building a deck can change significantly depending on factors such as size, materials, design, and features. Deciding on a budget early on will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make informed decisions about your deck project.
- Maintenance — Are you willing to put in work for maintenance, or pay someone else to do it? Different materials and finishes need different levels of maintenance to keep them in top shape. Be sure to account for the ongoing maintenance costs when designing your deck.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need a permit to install a new deck? The majority of local Allenton, MO building codes require permits for new deck construction, and failure to obtain one can lead to fines and legal problems. Furthermore, regulations identify minimum standards for how safe the materials and construction are. It is necessary to follow all regulations to ensure both your safety and the legality of your deck.
By taking into account these factors and hiring well-respected Allenton, MO deck builder, you can create an appealing and functional outdoor living space that adds value and enjoyment to your home. Just tell us what you need and want, and we'll be able to give you a custom deck that looks amazing while enhancing your home life.
Deck Materials Used in Allenton, MO
Most decks are constructed to look like wood, however there are several different materials that can be used to create that appearance and a functional deck. Most Allenton, MO deck builders will work with any of the following:
- Wood decks never seem to go out of style. They are relatively inexpensive, they look great, and they're very versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to replicate the design of your home, and they can be customized to fit any size or shape. However, maintenance requires more time and money than other decks.
- Composite decks are made from a combination of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and resist decay and pests. Composite decks are a a popular choice among homeowners who want the look of wood without the maintenance. They're available in a wide range of colors and finishes, however, unlike a wood deck you can't change the color or finish afterwards.
- PVC decks, also called vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, so they're water resistant and don't require much maintenance. They are resistant to rot, mold, and mildew and also come in numerous different colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a safe choice for families with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a long-lasting deck with little upkeep. They prevent rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good option if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Allenton, MO
Once you've decided on the type of deck you want, it's time to focus on finding a design that meets your needs and complements your Allenton, MO home's architectural style and how your property functions. Here are some popular deck layouts to consider:
- A single-level deck is the design style you see most often. It is a flat, low-to-the-ground deck that provides a simple place to gather and relax. Single-level decks are perfect when outdoor space is limited or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more elaborate and versatile style that can have different spaces devoted to different uses. It can be used to create a smooth transition from the indoors to the outdoors and make use of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have distinct spots for eating, relaxing, and entertaining, and can incorporate stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck goes all the way around a house or part of a house. It provides a seamless transition from one outdoor area to another and can create a sense of continuity. Wraparound decks can be single or multi-level and can be constructed with different materials and colors to create visual interest.
- A freestanding deck is not attached to a house or other structure. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to create a focal point in the yard, such as a pergola, and can be designed in various shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is built on top of a building or garage. It provides a secluded and elevated outdoor space and can offer breathtaking scenic views. Rooftop decks require careful design and engineering to ensure they are safe to be on and they should be built with drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck surrounds a swimming pool. It provides a safe and slip-resistant surface for swimmers to walk on, and non-swimmers can use it to lounge around. It's imperative to pick a material that can withstand water and weather. Additionally, pool decks should have adequate drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating and causing damage to the deck or pool.
The design of your deck depends on your personal preferences and how we can make your Allenton, MO yard more cohesive and more enjoyable. The right layout can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and provide years of enjoyment. As your professional Allenton, MO deck builders, our job is to dare you to dream big and then design a custom deck made exclusively for your home.
Frequently Asked Questions About Deck Building in Allenton, MO
- How long does deck construction take in Allenton, MO?
The timeline for building a deck depends on a few different things, including how big the deck is, how elaborate the design is, and exposure to harsher elements. Typically, it takes about one to two weeks to construct a standard-sized deck.
- How much does it cost to build a deck in Allenton, MO?
The construction cost can change drastically based on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the complexity of the design. On average, the cost of a new deck in Allenton, MO ranges from $15 to $30 per square foot. Larger or more intricate designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Allenton, MO?
Yes, you will need a permit to build a deck in Allenton, MO. A professional deck builder, like those at Poynter, will have experience with your municipality and can apply for and obtain the necessary permits on your behalf.
- What is the lifespan of a deck in Allenton, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how well it is maintained. A wood deck can last between 10 to 30 years, while a other materials can last half a century or more.
- How much do I need to maintain my deck in Allenton, MO?
Regular maintenance is vital to keep your deck looking good and to extend its lifespan. Inspect the deck and clear off any debris that falls on it when you can. Damaged boards should be replaced immediately, and it's a good idea to schedule a professional deck cleaning annually to prevent the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer to Allenton, MO homeowners include:
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Allenton, MO
If you're a homeowner in Allenton, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your property is a great way to make your home more comfortable and more fun. Poynter Landscape, a knowledgeable group of professional Allenton, MO deck builders with more than two and a half decades of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your needs and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Allenton, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.