Ballwin, MO Deck Builder: Building The Backyard Of Your Dreams
Deck builder in Ballwin, MO. If you're a homeowner in Ballwin, MO, you know how essential it is to have a stunning outdoor space where you can relax and entertain. And what better way to do that than by adding a custom-built deck to your property? A well-designed deck not only enhances the beauty of your home but also boosts its curb appeal and enhances the experiences of your guests. But building a deck is not an easy task, and that's why you need the help of a professional Ballwin, MO deck builder. At Poynter Landscape, our experienced and knowledge group has been helping Ballwin, MO homeowners achieve their outdoor living space needs for over almost 30 years. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your property, speak to a Poynter representative today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your needs online.
Benefits of Having a Deck
A deck is a wonderful way to extend your home to the outside. A deck can do wonders for your Ballwin, MO home:
- Increases how much your home is worth
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for entertaining guests outdoors
- Enhances the aesthetic appeal of your home
- Perfect for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors in comfort and style
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Ballwin, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you need to know the investment will pay off. Hiring a professional deck builder in Ballwin, MO guarantees that your deck is built the right way. A deck builder will work with you to create a design personalized to your needs and preferences. They can also apply for permits with your local municipality or Ballwin, MO HOA for you if needed.
While many Ballwin, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" aspect attractive, a professional deck builder is the best way to turn what you have in your head to reality. Professionals will be able to come up with design ideas you never thought of or thought possible, and make sure you and your property are safe when we build the deck. While doing it yourself may cost less on the front end, if you make any mistakes or have to redo the deck, the repair and extra materials will end up being more expensive than a professional deck builder in the first place.
Perhaps the biggest benefit of hiring a professional deck builder is that they can also complement your yard even further by adding other hardscape and structural elements that go hand-in-hand with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your outdoor comfort needs. We can also design and install:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With Poynter Landscape, all additions to your property will live together as one and allow you and your guests to relax and enjoy the scenery and each other's company.
Ballwin, MO Deck Builder: Layouts
When planning for a new deck in Ballwin, MO, there are several factors to consider to ensure you get the best end product. The following are some things to keep in mind:
- Use — How do you see yourself using your new deck? Would you prefer to host large gatherings or prefer a secluded place to watch nature? Understanding how you want to engage with your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Do you know which side of the house the deck will be on, and what direction it will face? Consider factors like shade, prevailing winds, and views to determine the best orientation for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional Ballwin, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you adhere to setback requirements and other building codes.
- Materials — What materials do you want to use for your deck? Different materials have different appearances, durability, and maintenance needs. Most decks are made of wood, composite, PVC, or aluminum. They all have their unique pros and cons, so you need to do your research, heed the advice of professional deck builders, and pick a material that fits what you need.
- Design and Style — How do you want your deck to look? Will it complement your home's architecture and landscape? There are countless design possibilities for decks, from simple to intricate, conventional to modern. Think about aspects such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a cohesive and visually appealing yard.
- Budget — How much have you saved up for your deck? The materials, size and other features all impact the price. Deciding on a budget early in the process will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make the best decision for you and your home.
- Maintenance — What maintenance will your deck require over the years? Different materials and finishes require different levels of upkeep to prevent the need for costly repairs and keep them looking great. Be sure to include the ongoing maintenance expenses when designing your deck.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need permission from your local municipality to build your deck? Most local Ballwin, MO government offices require you to apply for a permit for a new deck, and failure to obtain one can lead to fines and legal troubles. Additionally, regulations specify minimum safety standards. It is essential to comply with all regulations to ensure both your safety and the legality of your deck.
By taking into account these factors and contracting a trustworthy Ballwin, MO deck building company, you can create a beautiful and functional property that adds value and joy to your home. Just tell Poynter what you need and want, and we'll deliver a custom deck that looks amazing while enhancing your home life.
Deck Materials Used in Ballwin, MO
Most decks are built to look like wood, however there are a few different materials that can be used to create the deck you have in mind. Most Ballwin, MO deck builders can construct:
- Wood decks never seem to go out of style. They are affordable, charming, and versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to go with your home, and they can be customized to fit any size or shape. However, maintenance requires more time and money than other building materials.
- Composite decks are made from a combination of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and withstand rot and insect infestation. Composite decks are a great option for homeowners who want the look of wood without having to put much time and money into upkeep. They're available in a variety of colors and finishes, but, unlike a wood deck you can't change the color or finish afterwards.
- PVC decks, also known as vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, making them a waterproof and low-maintenance option for homeowners. They are resistant to rot, mold, and mildew and also come in numerous different colors. Vinyl decks are also slip-resistant, making them a good choice for homeowners with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a durable deck with little upkeep. They prevent rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good option if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Ballwin, MO
Once you know which material you'd like to work with, it's time to choose a layout that works best for you and your yard in Ballwin, MO. Popular design styles include:
- A single-level deck is the most common and straightforward style. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple place to hang out with family and friends and relax. Single-level decks are perfect when outdoor space is limited or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more elaborate and versatile design that offers different areas for different activities. It can be used to create a smooth transition from the indoors to the outdoors and make use of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have separate spots for eating, lounging, and entertaining, and can incorporate stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck goes all the way around a house or part of a house. It provides a seamless transition from different areas of your indoor and outdoor space and can offer a sense of flow. Wraparound decks can be attached to one or more floors and can incorporate different materials and colors to create visual interest.
- A freestanding deck is built independently from the walls of a house. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to accentuate a certain aspect of your yard, such as a pergola, and can be designed in various shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is placed on top of a building or garage. It provides a secluded and elevated outdoor space and can offer extraordinary scenic views. Rooftop decks require careful planning and construction to ensure they are safe to be on and the construction should include drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck surrounds a swimming pool. It allows swimmers to walk safely without slipping, and it can also be used as an outdoor entertaining area. It's vital to choose a material that can withstand water and weather. Additionally, pool decks should have proper drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating and causing damage to the deck or pool.
The style of your deck will be based on your personal preferences and how we can make your Ballwin, MO yard more cohesive and more relaxing. The right design can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and provide years of enjoyment. As your professional Ballwin, MO deck builders, we dare you to imagine all the possibilities and then design a custom deck made exclusively for your home.
Frequently Asked Questions About Deck Building in Ballwin, MO
- How long does it take to build a deck in Ballwin, MO?
The timeline for building a deck depends on several factors, including how big the deck is, how elaborate the design is, and exposure to harsher elements. Typically, it takes about one to two weeks to build a standard-sized deck.
- How much does a new deck cost in Ballwin, MO?
The construction cost can change significantly based on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the complexity of the design. Generally, the price of building a deck in Ballwin, MO can be anywhere from $15 to $30 per square foot. Bigger or more ornate designs can cost $50-$60 per square foot.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Ballwin, MO?
Yes, permits are mandatory to build a deck in Ballwin, MO. A professional deck builder will have experience with your municipality and can apply for and obtain the necessary permits on your behalf.
- What is the lifespan of a deck in Ballwin, MO?
The lifespan of a deck comes down to your specific situation, including the materials used and how well it is maintained. A wood deck can last anywhere from 10 to 30 years, while a composite or vinyl deck can last up to 50 years or more.
- Is it easy to maintain my deck in Ballwin, MO?
Regular maintenance is important to keep your deck looking good and to extend its lifespan. Inspect the deck and clean off any branches or leaves that fall on it when you can. Damaged boards should be replaced ASAP, and it's wise to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to reduce the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer to Ballwin, MO homeowners include:
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Ballwin, MO
If you're a homeowner in Ballwin, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your home is a great way to enhance your outdoor living space. Poynter Landscape, an experienced group of professional Ballwin, MO deck builders with over 25 years of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your needs and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Ballwin, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.