St. Louis, MO Deck Builder: Building Your Dream Outdoor Space
Deck builder in St. Louis, MO. Are you dreaming of a beautiful and functional outdoor space in St. Louis, MO where you can entertain guests, relax with family, or simply enjoy the natural beauty of your surroundings? A well-designed and constructed deck can transform any outdoor area into a space everyone wants to be and relax in. However, designing and building a deck is hard work. This is where a professional St. Louis, MO deck builder comes in. A skilled deck builder can help you create the outdoor space of your dreams, from start to finish. At Poynter Landscape, our expert team has been helping St. Louis, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space they've always wanted for more than almost 30 years. If you want to add a deck to your outdoor living space, speak to a Poynter representative today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Why Build a Deck?
A deck is a great way to expand your living space and enjoy the outdoors. A deck can do wonders for your St. Louis, MO home:
- Adds value to your home
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for entertaining guests outdoors
- Enhances how your home looks
- Perfect for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors in comfort and style
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in St. Louis, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you want to make sure it will stand up over the years. Working with a professional deck builder in St. Louis, MO guarantees that your deck is designed and installed to code and with the highest quality materials. A deck builder will work with you to come up with a custom design that meets your needs and fits your budget. They will also take care of acquiring any necessary permits and ensure that the deck is built to comply with local St. Louis, MO regulations.
While many St. Louis, MO homeowners find the "DIY" part of a home addition alluring, a professional deck builder will make sure the job is done right. Professionals will be able to come up with design ideas you never thought of or thought possible, and make sure the entire project is done safely. While doing it yourself may save some money up front, if you end up having to correct or redo your work, the repair and extra materials will end up costing more than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Possible the best reason to hire an experienced deck builder is that they can work to complement your yard even further by designing and installing other hardscape and structural elements that are a perfect match for your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your outdoor living space needs. We can also help with:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With Poynter Landscape, all additions to your yard will live together in unison and allow you and friends and family to relax and enjoy your property and each other's company.
St. Louis, MO Deck Builder: Layouts
If you're thinking about getting a new deck in St. Louis, MO, there are several things to keep in mind to ensure your needs and tastes are met. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Purpose — How do you see yourself using your new deck? Would you prefer to host friends and neighbors for a barbeque or prefer a secluded spot to be alone with your thoughts? Having a sense of the intended purpose of your deck will help you determine the size, layout, and features that will suit your needs.
- Location and Orientation — Where on the property will your deck go? Keep in mind things such as the sun exposure, which way the wind usually blows, and scenery to determine the best orientation for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional St. Louis, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you adhere to their guidelines.
- Materials — What should your deck be built with? Some materials are more durable and require different levels of maintenance. Most decks are built with wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. They all have their own advantages and disadvantages, so you need to understand the specifics of each, listen to the guidance of professional deck builders, and pick a material that fits what you need.
- Design and Style — What design and style matches your tastes? Will it go with the rest of your home? Decks come in a wide range of styles, from straightforward to detailed, conventional to more adventurous. Go over factors such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a cohesive and visually appealing yard.
- Budget — What are you willing to spend for a custom deck? The cost of building a deck can vary significantly depending on factors like size, materials, design, and features. Setting a budget early in the process will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make informed decisions about your deck project.
- Maintenance — Are you willing to put in work for maintenance, or pay someone else to do it? Different materials and finishes need different levels of upkeep to prevent the need for expensive repairs and keep them looking great. Be sure to include the ongoing maintenance costs when deciding on your deck's materials and finishes.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need a permit to build your deck? The majority of local St. Louis, MO building codes require you to apply for a permit for a new deck, and failure to obtain one can lead to fines and legal problems. Furthermore, regulations specify minimum standards for how safe the materials and construction are. It is necessary to abide by all building codes to ensure your deck is safe and legal.
By considering the above factors and working with an experienced St. Louis, MO deck building company, you can create a beautiful and functional outdoor living space that turns your house into a dream home. Just tell Poynter what you need and want, and we'll deliver a brand new deck that looks amazing while serving a purpose.
Deck Materials Used in St. Louis, MO
Most decks are built to have the appearance of wood, but there are a few different materials that can be used to create the deck you have in mind. Most St. Louis, MO deck builders will work with any of the following:
- Wood decks never seem to go out of style. They are affordable, they look great, and they're very versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to replicate the design of your home, and they can be customized in any style. However, wood decks require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best.
- Composite decks are made from a combination of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and resist rot and pests. Composite decks are a great option for homeowners who want the look of wood without the maintenance. They're available in a variety of colors and finishes, but, that will be the deck's color forever.
- PVC decks, also referred to as vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, so they're water resistant and don't require much maintenance. They are resistant to rot, mold, and mildew and also come in numerous different colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a good option for homeowners with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for people who want a long-lasting and low-maintenance deck. They are resistant to rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a safe choice if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in St. Louis, MO
Once you've decided on the type of deck you want, it's time to focus on finding a design that works best for you and your yard in St. Louis, MO. Popular design styles include:
- A single-level deck is the most common and straightforward style. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple and practical outdoor living space. Single-level decks are a good fit for homes with smaller yards or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more intricate and adaptable layout that can have different spaces devoted to different uses. It can be used to create a smooth transition from the indoors to the outdoors and take advantage of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have distinct spots for dining, lounging, and entertaining, and can include stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck runs the entire perimeter of a house, or at least two sides of it. It provides a seamless transition from different areas of your home and can create a feeling of continuity. Wraparound decks can be attached to one or more floors and can be built with different materials and colors to create visual interest.
- A freestanding deck is not attached to the side of a building. It is a great option for homeowners who have uneven lawns or want more seclusion. Freestanding decks can be used to create a focal point in the yard, such as a gazebo, and can be designed in various shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is built on top of your home or garage. It offers a secluded and raised outdoor space and can offer breathtaking scenic views. Rooftop decks require careful design and construction to ensure they are safe and stable and the construction should include drainage systems to prevent water from pooling up and damaging the deck.
- A pool deck is built just by a swimming pool. It allows swimmers to walk safely without slipping, and non-swimmers can use it to relax. It's important to pick a material that can withstand exposure to water and sunlight and is resistant to mold and mildew. Additionally, pool decks should have adequate drainage systems to prevent water from gathering and causing damage to the deck or pool.
The design of your deck will be based on your tastes, budget, and the specific needs of your St. Louis, MO home and yard. The right style can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and make your home the envy of the neighborhood for years. As your professional St. Louis, MO deck builders, we dare you to dream big and then design a custom deck made exclusively for your home.
FAQs From Your St. Louis, MO Deck Builder
- How long does deck construction take in St. Louis, MO?
How long it takes to build your deck depends on a few different things, including the size of the deck, the intricacy of the layout, and exposure to harsher elements. Usually, it takes about one to two weeks to construct a standard-sized deck.
- How much does a custom deck cost in St. Louis, MO?
The cost of building a deck varies depending on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the intricacy of the design. On average, the cost of building a deck in St. Louis, MO can be anywhere from $15 to $30 per square foot. Larger or more complex designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in St. Louis, MO?
Yes, permits are required to build a deck in St. Louis, MO. A professional deck builder will have experience with your municipality and can apply for and obtain the necessary permits on your behalf.
- How long does a deck last in St. Louis, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how well you keep up with the upkeep. A wood deck typically has a lifespan of 10 to 30 years, while a other materials can last up to 50 years or more.
- Is it easy to maintain my deck in St. Louis, MO?
Regular maintenance is vital to keep your deck both attractive and functional. Inspect the deck and clean off any branches or leaves that fall on it when you can. Damaged boards should be replaced immediately, and it's a good idea to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to prevent the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer to St. Louis, MO homeowners include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in St. Louis, MO
If you're a homeowner in St. Louis, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your home is a great way to enhance your outdoor living space. Poynter Landscape, a knowledgeable team of professional St. Louis, MO deck builders with more than two and a half decades of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your preferences and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in St. Louis, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.