Glencoe, MO Deck Builder: Building Your Dream Outdoor Space
Deck builder in Glencoe, MO. If you're a homeowner in Glencoe, MO, you know how essential it is to have a beautiful outdoor space where you can relax and entertain. And what better way to do that than by adding a custom-built deck to your backyard? A well-designed deck not only enhances the beauty of your home but also increases its value and allows your guests to enjoy it more. But building a deck is not an easy task, and that's why you need the help of a professional Glencoe, MO deck builder. At Poynter Landscape, our experienced and knowledge group has been helping Glencoe, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space of their dreams for more than almost 30 years. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your home, speak to a Poynter representative today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Why You Need a Deck
A deck is a fun and relatively budget-friendly way to expand your living space and enjoy the outdoors. A deck can do wonders for your Glencoe, MO home:
- Increases home value
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for entertaining guests outdoors
- Enhances how your home looks
- Ideal for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors in comfort and style
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Glencoe, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you need to know you're making a sound investment. Hiring a professional deck builder in Glencoe, MO ensures that your deck is built the right way. A deck builder will form a team with you to create a design personalized to your needs and preferences. They will also handle applying for any necessary permits and ensure that the deck is built to comply with local Glencoe, MO regulations.
While many Glencoe, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" part of a home addition alluring, a professional deck builder will make sure the job is done right. Professionals will be able to come up with design ideas you never thought of or thought possible, and make sure the entire project is done safely. While a DIY approach may cost less on the front end, if you end up having to correct or redo your work, it'll end up being more expensive than a professional deck builder in the first place.
Possible the biggest benefit of hiring an experienced deck builder is that they can also supplement your yard even more by designing and installing other hardscape and structural elements that go hand-in-hand with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your outdoor living space needs. We also build:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With Poynter Landscape, all additions to your property will be designed to function together and allow you and your guests to effortlessly enjoy your outdoor space.
How to Choose the Best Deck Layout for Your Glencoe, MO Home
If you're thinking about getting a custom deck in Glencoe, MO, there are several things to keep in mind to ensure you get the best end product. The following are some things to keep in mind:
- Use — What do you want to use your deck for? Do you plan to host friends and neighbors for a grilling or prefer a private place to be alone with your thoughts? Understanding how you want to engage with your deck will help guide the design process.
- Location and Orientation — Where will your deck be located? Keep in mind things such as shade, which way the wind usually blows, and views to determine the best orientation for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional Glencoe, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you adhere to their codes.
- Materials — What materials will be used in the construction of your deck? The choice of materials will affect the durability, maintenance, and appearance of your deck. Most decks are made of wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. They all have their own advantages and disadvantages, so you need to understand the specifics of each, listen to the guidance of professional deck builders, and choose a material that looks like the best option for your deck.
- Design and Style — How do you want your deck to look? Will it match the rest of your property? Decks are built in a wide range of styles, from straightforward to elaborate, traditional to more adventurous. Go over aspects such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a united and visually appealing yard.
- Budget — What are you willing to spend for a custom deck? The materials, size and design all impact the price. Deciding on a budget early in the process will help your deck become more focused.
- Maintenance — Are you willing to put in work for maintenance, or pay someone else to do it? Different materials and finishes need different levels of maintenance to keep them in top shape. Be sure to account for the ongoing maintenance expenses when deciding on your deck's materials and finishes.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need a permit to build your deck? Most local Glencoe, MO government offices require permits for new deck construction, and not acquiring one can lead to fines and legal issues. Furthermore, regulations identify minimum safety standards. It is necessary to adhere to all regulations to ensure your deck is safe and legal.
By considering the above factors and contracting an experienced Glencoe, MO deck building company, you can create an appealing and functional yard that adds value and joy to your home. Just tell Poynter what you need and want, and we'll be able to give you a custom deck that both looks and functions great.
Deck Materials Used in Glencoe, MO
Most decks are constructed to look like wood, however there are several different materials that can be used to create that appearance and a functional deck. Most Glencoe, MO deck builders can construct:
- Wood decks are always popular. They are affordable, they look great, and they're very versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to replicate the design of your home, and they can be customized to fit any size or shape. However, wood decks require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best.
- Composite decks are made with a mixture of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and resist decay and pests. Composite decks are a great option for homeowners who want the classic appearance of wood without having to put much time and money into upkeep. They come in a wide range of colors and finishes, however, that will be the deck's color forever.
- PVC decks, also referred to as vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, making them a waterproof and low-maintenance option for homeowners. They withstand rot, mold, and mildew and also come in a wide range of colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a good choice for homeowners with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for people who want a durable deck with little upkeep. They are resistant to rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a safe option if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Glencoe, MO
Once you've decided on the type of deck you want, it's time to focus on finding a layout that works best for you and your yard in Glencoe, MO. Popular design styles include:
- A single-level deck is the most common and straightforward layout. It is a flat, low-to-the-ground deck that provides a simple place to gather and relax. Single-level decks are perfect for homes with smaller yards or when budget is a concern.
- A multi-level deck is a more complex and adaptable design that provides different areas for different activities. It can effortlessly connect the indoors with the outdoors and take advantage of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have distinct areas for eating, lounging, and entertaining, and can include stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck goes all the way around a house or part of a house. It provides a seamless transition from one outdoor area to another and can offer a feeling of continuity. Wraparound decks can be attached to one or more floors and can incorporate different materials and finishes to offer more interesting design elements.
- A freestanding deck is built independently from the walls of a house. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to accentuate a certain feature of your yard, such as a gazebo, and can be built with various shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is built on top of your home or garage. It provides a secluded and elevated outdoor space and can offer stunning views of the surrounding area. Rooftop decks require careful design and construction to ensure they are safe to be on and the construction should include drainage systems to prevent water from pooling up and damaging the deck.
- A pool deck is built just by a swimming pool. It allows swimmers to walk safely without slipping, and non-swimmers can use it to lounge around. It's important to pick a material that can withstand exposure to water and sunlight and is resistant to mold and mildew. Additionally, pool decks should have sufficient drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating and causing damage to the deck or pool.
The style of your deck depends on your tastes and how we can make your Glencoe, MO outdoor living space more cohesive and more enjoyable. The right design can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and make your home the envy of the neighborhood for years. As your professional Glencoe, MO deck builders, we ask you to imagine all the possibilities and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
Frequently Asked Questions From Your Glencoe, MO Deck Builder
- How long does it take to build a deck in Glencoe, MO?
The duration of the project depends on several factors, including the size of the deck, how elaborate the design is, and the weather conditions. Typically, a standard-sized deck can be built in two weeks or less.
- How much does it cost to build a deck in Glencoe, MO?
The construction cost can change drastically based on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the intricacy of the design. Generally, the price of a custom deck in Glencoe, MO ranges from $15 to $30 per square foot. Larger or more elaborate designs can cost $50-$60 per square foot.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Glencoe, MO?
Yes, permits are mandatory to build a deck in Glencoe, MO. A professional deck builder, like those at Poynter, will have experience with your municipality and can apply for and obtain the necessary permits on your behalf.
- How long does a deck last in Glencoe, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how frequently and well it is maintained. A wood deck typically has a lifespan of 10 to 30 years, while a composite or vinyl deck can last up to 50 years or more.
- How much do I need to maintain my deck in Glencoe, MO?
Regular maintenance is important to keep your deck looking good and to extend its lifespan. Inspect the deck and clean off any branches or leaves that fall on it regularly. Damaged boards should be replaced immediately, and it's a good idea to schedule a professional deck cleaning annually to stave off the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer to Glencoe, MO homeowners include:
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
- Local Landscapers
- Gardeners Near Me
- Custom Fire Pits
- Landscaping Companies
- Hardscape Contractors Near Me
- Gardening Services
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Glencoe, MO
If you're a homeowner in Glencoe, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your backyard is a great way to make your home more comfortable and more fun. Poynter Landscape, an experienced team of professional Glencoe, MO deck builders with over two and a half decades of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your needs and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Glencoe, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.