Manchester, MO Deck Builder: Building The Backyard Of Your Dreams
Deck builder in Manchester, MO. If you're a homeowner in Manchester, MO, you know how important it is to have a stunning outdoor space for both you and your guests to enjoy. Is there any better way to do that than by adding a custom-built deck to your backyard? A well-designed deck not only makes your home look better but also increases its curb appeal and enhances the experiences of your guests. But building a deck is not an easy task, and that's why you need the help of a professional Manchester, MO deck builder. At Poynter Landscape, our award-winning group has been helping Manchester, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space of their dreams for over 25 years. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your property, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.
Why You Need a Deck
A deck is a wonderful way to extend your home to the outside. A deck can do wonders for your Manchester, MO home:
- Adds value to your home
- Increases living space
- Provides a space for outdoor entertaining
- Enhances the aesthetic appeal of your home
- Ideal for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without unpacking the tent
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Manchester, MO?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you need to know the investment will pay off. Trusting a professional deck builder in Manchester, MO ensures that your deck is built the right way. A deck builder will work with you to create a custom design that meets your needs and fits your budget. They can also deal with your local municipality or Manchester, MO homeowners' association on your behalf if needed.
While many Manchester, MO homeowners find the "DIY" part of a home addition alluring, a professional deck builder will make sure the job is done right. Professionals will insight and ideas stemming from their personal expertise and experience, and make sure you and your property are unharmed when we build the deck. While a DIY approach may save some money on the front end, if you end up having to correct or redo your work, the repair and extra materials will end up being more expensive than a professional deck builder in the first place.
Maybe the biggest benefit of hiring a professional deck builder is that they can help enhance your yard even more by designing and installing other hardscape and structural elements that fit perfectly with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is a one-stop-shop for all of your outdoor comfort needs. We also build:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With us, all additions to your home will live together in unison and allow you and your guests to effortlessly enjoy your outdoor space.
Manchester, MO Deck Builder: Layouts
If you're thinking about getting a custom deck in Manchester, MO, there are several things to think about to ensure your needs and tastes are met. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Use — How do you see yourself enjoying your new deck? Would you prefer to host friends and neighbors for a barbeque or prefer a secluded place for relaxation? Having a sense of how you want to engage with your deck will help you determine the size, layout, and features that need to be included.
- Location and Orientation — Where will your deck be located? Consider factors such as sun and shade, wind direction, and scenery to determine where your deck should be located. Also, check with (or have your professional Manchester, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you comply with their guidelines.
- Materials — What should your deck be built with? The choice of materials will affect the durability, maintenance, and appearance of your deck. Most decks are made of wood, composite, PVC, or aluminum. They all have their own advantages and disadvantages, so you need to do your research, pay attention to what professional deck builders say, and decide on a material that looks like the best option for your deck.
- Design and Style — What design and style are you looking for? Will it mesh well with your home's architecture and landscape? There are numerous design options for decks, from basic to intricate, traditional to modern. Think about elements such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a cohesive and visually appealing yard.
- Budget — How much are you willing to spend on your deck? The price of building a deck can change significantly based on factors like size, materials, design, and features. Setting a limit on how much you'll spend early in the process will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make informed decisions about your deck project.
- Maintenance — How much work or money are you willing to put in to keep the deck in shape? Different materials and finishes require different levels of upkeep to prevent the need for costly repairs and keep them looking great. Be sure to account for the ongoing maintenance expenses when deciding on your deck's materials and finishes.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need permission from your local municipality to install a new deck? The majority of local Manchester, MO building codes require permits for new deck construction, and failure to obtain one can result in fines and legal issues. Furthermore, regulations specify minimum standards for structural safety, including framing, footings, and railing. It is necessary to abide by all regulations to ensure your deck is safe and legal.
By taking into account the above factors and hiring a trustworthy Manchester, MO deck building company, you can create an appealing and functional property that adds value and enjoyment to your home. Just tell Poynter what you need and want, and we'll be able to give you a custom deck that both looks and functions great.
Deck Materials Used in Manchester, MO
Most decks are constructed to look like wood, but there are several different materials that can be used to create your custom deck. Most Manchester, MO deck builders will work with any of the following:
- Wood decks never seem to go out of style. They are affordable, charming, and versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to replicate the design of your home, and they can be built to fit any size or shape. However, maintenance requires more time and money than other building materials.
- Composite decks are made with a mixture of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and withstand rot and insects and animals. Composite decks are a a popular choice among homeowners who want the look of wood without having to put much effort into upkeep. They come in a wide range of colors and finishes, but, that will be the deck's color forever.
- PVC decks, also referred to as vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, so they're water resistant and don't require much maintenance. They withstand rot, mold, and mildew and also come in numerous different colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a safe option for homeowners with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a long-lasting deck with little upkeep. They are resistant to rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good option if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Manchester, MO
Once you know which material you'd like to work with, it's time to focus on finding a layout that works best for you and your yard in Manchester, MO. Here are some popular deck layouts to consider:
- A single-level deck is the design style you see most often. It is a flat, low-to-the-ground deck that provides a simple and practical outdoor living space. Single-level decks are a good fit for homes with smaller yards or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more complex and versatile style that provides different areas for different activities. It can effortlessly connect the indoors with the outdoors and pairs well with a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have distinct areas for dining, lounging, and entertaining, and can be built with stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck goes all the way around a house or part of a house. It provides a seamless transition from one outdoor area to another and can instill a sense of flow. Wraparound decks can be attached to one or more floors and can incorporate different materials and colors to offer more interesting design elements.
- A freestanding deck is not attached to a house or other structure. It is a great option for homeowners who have uneven lawns or want increased seclusion. Freestanding decks can be used to create a focal point in the yard, such as a pergola, and can be built with numerous different shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is built on top of your home or garage. It offers a secure and raised outdoor space and can offer breathtaking scenic views. Rooftop decks require prudent planning and construction to ensure they are safe and stable and they should be built with drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck surrounds a swimming pool. It provides a safe and slip-resistant surface for swimmers to walk on, and it can also be used as an outdoor entertaining area. It's important to choose a material that can withstand the elements. Additionally, pool decks should have proper drainage systems to prevent water from pooling up and damaging the surrounding deck or area.
The design of your deck depends on your personal preferences, budget, and the specific needs of your Manchester, MO home and yard. The right layout can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and provide years of enjoyment. As your professional Manchester, MO deck builders, we dare you to imagine all the possibilities and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
FAQs From Your Manchester, MO Deck Builder
- How long does deck construction take in Manchester, MO?
The duration of the project depends on several factors, including how big the deck is, how elaborate the design is, and exposure to weather. Usually, a standard-sized deck can be built in two weeks or less.
- How much does a custom deck cost in Manchester, MO?
The cost of building a deck can change drastically based on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the complexity of the design. Typically, the cost of a new deck in Manchester, MO ranges from $15 to $30 per square foot. Bigger or more complex designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Manchester, MO?
Yes, you will need a permit to build a deck in Manchester, MO. A professional deck builder, like those at Poynter, will have experience with applying for and obtaining permits and can do so on your behalf.
- How long does a deck last in Manchester, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how well you keep up with the upkeep. A wood deck can last anywhere from 10 to 30 years, while a other materials can last half a century or more.
- How do I maintain my deck in Manchester, MO?
Regular maintenance is important to keep your deck both attractive and functional. Inspect the deck and clean off any debris that falls on it regularly. Damaged boards should be replaced immediately, and it's a good idea to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to reduce the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer to Manchester, MO homeowners include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Manchester, MO
If you're a homeowner in Manchester, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your property is a great way to enhance your outdoor living space. Poynter Landscape, an experienced team of professional Manchester, MO deck builders with over 25 years of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your preferences and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Manchester, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or contact us online.