St. Peters, MO Deck Builder: Building The Backyard You've Always Wanted
Deck builder in St. Peters, MO. If you're a homeowner in St. Peters, MO, you know how important it is to have a beautiful outdoor space for both you and your guests to enjoy. Is there any better way to do that than by adding a custom-built deck to your backyard? A well-designed deck not only makes your home look better but also increases its value and enhances the experiences of your guests. But building a deck is not an easy task, and that's why you need the help of a professional St. Peters, MO deck builder. At Poynter Landscape, our expert group has been helping St. Peters, MO homeowners get the outdoor living space of their dreams for more than almost 30 years. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your home, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Benefits of Having a Deck
A deck is a fun and relatively budget-friendly way to expand your living space and enjoy the outdoors. Here are some of the benefits of building a deck in St. Peters, MO:
- Increases home value
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for letting guests enjoy your property
- Enhances the aesthetic appeal of your home
- Good for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without going camping
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in St. Peters, MO?
A deck is an investment you make on your property, and you want to make sure that it's built to last. Contracting a professional deck builder in St. Peters, MO guarantees that your deck is designed and installed the right way. A deck builder will form a team with you to come up with a custom design that meets your needs and fits your budget. They will also handle applying for any necessary permits and ensure that the deck is built to comply with local St. Peters, MO building codes.
While some St. Peters, MO homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" part of a home addition alluring, a professional deck builder will make sure the job is done right. Professionals will insight and ideas stemming from their personal expertise and experience, and make sure the entire project is done safely. While a DIY approach may save some money on the front end, if you end up having to correct or redo your work, the repair and extra materials will end up costing more than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Perhaps the best reason to hire an experienced deck builder is that they can also enhance your yard even more by designing and installing other hardscape and structural elements that go hand-in-hand with your new deck. Poynter Landscape is an A-Z shop for all of your outdoor comfort needs. We also build:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With Poynter Landscape, all additions to your home will live together as one and allow you and friends and family to effortlessly enjoy everything your yard has to offer.
St. Peters, MO Deck Builder: Layouts
If you're thinking about getting a new deck in St. Peters, MO, there are several factors to think about to ensure you end up with a functional, durable, and welcoming outdoor living space. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Use — How do you see yourself using your new deck? Are you looking to host large gatherings or prefer a secluded spot for relaxation? Having a sense of the intended use of your deck will help you determine the size, layout, and features that need to be included.
- Location and Orientation — Do you know which side of the house the deck will be on, and what direction it will face? Keep in mind factors like sun and shade, prevailing winds, and scenery to determine the best orientation for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional St. Peters, MO deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you stick to setback requirements and other building codes.
- Materials — What materials will be used in the construction of your deck? The choice of materials will affect the durability, maintenance, and appearance of your deck. Most decks are made of wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. Each material has its own pros and cons, so you need to understand the specifics of each, listen to the advice of professional deck builders, and decide on a material that looks like the best option for you and your home.
- Design and Style — How do you want your deck to look? Will it match the rest of your home? There are countless design possibilities for decks, from basic to intricate, conventional to more adventurous. Consider elements such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a connected and beautiful outdoor living space.
- Budget — How much have you saved up for your deck? The materials, size and design all impact the price. Setting a limit on how much you'll spend early in the process will help your deck become more focused.
- Maintenance — What maintenance will your deck require over time? Different materials and finishes require different levels of upkeep to prevent the need for costly repairs and keep them looking great. Be sure to include the ongoing maintenance costs when designing your deck.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need a permit to build your deck? Most local St. Peters, MO government offices mandate permits for new deck construction, and not acquiring one can lead to fines and legal problems. Additionally, building codes specify minimum safety standards. It is essential to adhere to all building codes to ensure your deck is safe and legal.
By considering these factors and working with an experienced St. Peters, MO deck building company, you can create a beautiful and functional yard that adds value and enjoyment to your home. Just tell us what you need and want, and we'll be able to give you a custom deck that looks amazing while enhancing your home life.
Deck Materials Used in St. Peters, MO
Most decks are built to look like wood, however there are a few different materials that deck builders use to create that appearance and a functional deck. Most St. Peters, MO deck builders will work with any of the following:
- Wood decks never seem to go out of style. They are affordable, handsome, and versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to match the color scheme of your home, and they can be customized in any style. However, maintenance requires more effort than other building materials.
- Composite decks are made with a mixture of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and resist decay and insects and animals. Composite decks are a great option for homeowners who want the classic appearance of wood without having to put much effort into upkeep. They're available in a wide range of colors and finishes, however, the original color can't be changed.
- PVC decks, also referred to as vinyl decks, are made entirely of plastic, making them a waterproof and low-maintenance option for homeowners. They withstand rot, mold, and mildew and also come in a variety of colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a good choice for homes with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a long-lasting and low-maintenance deck. They are resistant to rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a good option if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in St. Peters, MO
Once you know which material you'd like to work with, it's time to choose a design that meets your needs and augments your St. Peters, MO home's architectural style and how your property functions. Popular design styles include:
- A single-level deck is the most common and straightforward style. It is a flat deck just off the ground that provides a simple and practical outdoor living space. Single-level decks are a good fit when outdoor space is limited or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more complex and versatile design that can have different spaces devoted to different activities. It can effortlessly connect the indoors with the outdoors and pairs well with a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have separate spots for dining, relaxing, and entertaining, and can include stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck goes all the way around a house or part of a house. It provides an all-encompassing transition from different areas of your home and can offer a feeling of flow. Wraparound decks can be single or multi-level and can be built with different materials and colors to create visual interest.
- A freestanding deck is not attached to the side of a building. It is a great option for homeowners who want a standalone outdoor living space or have limited access to the house. Freestanding decks can be used to accentuate a certain feature of your yard, such as a gazebo, and can be designed in numerous different shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is placed on top of your home or garage. It offers a secure and raised outdoor space and can offer incredible views of the surrounding area. Rooftop decks require prudent design and engineering to ensure they are safe to be on and they should be built with drainage systems to prevent water from pooling up and damaging the deck.
- A pool deck is built just by a swimming pool. It allows swimmers to walk safely without slipping, and it can also be used as an outdoor entertaining area. It's essential to choose a material that can withstand exposure to water and sunlight and is resistant to mold and mildew. Additionally, pool decks should have proper drainage systems to prevent water from gathering and damaging the surrounding deck or area.
The design of your deck will be based on your tastes and how we can make your St. Peters, MO yard more cohesive and more enjoyable. The right design can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and provide years of enjoyment. As your professional St. Peters, MO deck builders, we dare you to dream big and then we fit your custom deck to your and your home's needs.
Frequently Asked Questions From Your St. Peters, MO Deck Builder
- How long does deck construction take in St. Peters, MO?
The duration of the project depends on several factors, including how big the deck is, how elaborate the design is, and the weather conditions. Usually, a standard-sized deck can be built in two weeks or less.
- How much does it cost to build a deck in St. Peters, MO?
The construction cost varies depending on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the complexity of the design. Typically, the cost of building a deck in St. Peters, MO ranges from $15 to $30 per square foot. Larger or more complex designs can cost $50-$60 per square foot.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in St. Peters, MO?
Yes, you will need a permit to build a deck in St. Peters, MO. A professional deck builder will have experience with applying for and acquiring permits and can do so on your behalf.
- How long does a deck last in St. Peters, MO?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how well it is maintained. A wood deck typically has a lifespan of 10 to 30 years, while a composite or vinyl deck can last up to 50 years or more.
- How much do I need to maintain my deck in St. Peters, MO?
Regular maintenance is essential to keep your deck looking good and to extend its lifespan. Inspect the deck and clear off any debris that falls on it regularly. Damaged boards should be replaced ASAP, and it's a good idea to schedule a professional deck cleaning once a year to prevent the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer in St. Peters, MO include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in St. Peters, MO
If you're a homeowner in St. Peters, MO, adding a custom-built deck to your home is a great way to enhance your outdoor living space. Poynter Landscape, an award-winning team of professional St. Peters, MO deck builders with over two and a half decades of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your needs and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in St. Peters, MO, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.