Belleville, IL Deck Builder: Building The Backyard Of Your Dreams
Deck builder in Belleville, IL. Are you dreaming of a beautiful and functional outdoor space in Belleville, IL where you can entertain guests, relax with family, or simply enjoy the natural beauty of your surroundings? A well-designed and constructed deck can transform any outdoor area into a stunning and functional living space. However, installing a deck requires a great deal of skill, knowledge, and experience. This is when a professional Belleville, IL deck builder is needed. A skilled deck builder can design and implement the outdoor space you've always wanted, from beginning to end. At Poynter Landscape, our regionally recognized team has been helping Belleville, IL homeowners get the outdoor living space of their dreams for over almost 30 years. If you're thinking about adding a deck to your outdoor living space, speak to a Poynter representative today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.
Benefits of Having a Deck
A deck is a wonderful way to expand your living space and enjoy the outdoors. Here are some of the benefits of building a deck in Belleville, IL:
- Adds value to your home
- Improves your outdoor living space
- Provides a space for entertaining guests outdoors
- Enhances how your home looks
- Good for sloped yards
- Allows you to enjoy the outdoors without going camping
Why Hire a Professional Deck Builder in Belleville, IL?
A deck is an investment in your home, and you want to make sure that it's built to last. Working with a professional deck builder in Belleville, IL ensures that your deck is designed and installed to code and with the highest quality materials. A deck builder will form a team with you to come up with a design personalized to your needs and preferences. They will also take care of obtaining any necessary permits and ensure that the deck is built to comply with local Belleville, IL building codes.
While some Belleville, IL homeowners find the "do-it-yourself" part of a home makeover attractive, a professional deck builder is the best way to get a truly amazing deck. Professionals will be able to come up with design ideas you never thought of or thought possible, and make sure the entire project is done safely. While a DIY approach may cost less initially, if you end up having to correct or redo your work, it'll end up costing more than if the whole thing had been done by a professional deck builder.
Maybe the best reason to hire an experienced deck builder is that they can help augment your yard even further by adding other hardscape and structural elements that are a perfect match for your new deck. Poynter Landscape is a one-stop-shop for all of your outdoor comfort needs. We also build:
- Outdoor Lighting
- Outdoor Fireplaces
- Fire Pits
- Patios & Terraces
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pergolas & Pavilions
- Retaining Walls
With Poynter Landscape, all additions to your property will live together in unison and allow you and your guests to effortlessly enjoy your outdoor space.
How to Pick the Best Deck Layout for Your Belleville, IL Home
If you're thinking about getting a custom deck in Belleville, IL, there are several factors to consider to ensure you end up with a functional, durable, and appealing outdoor living space. The following are some things to keep in mind:
- Use — What do you want to use your deck for? Are you looking to host friends and neighbors for a barbeque or prefer a secluded place to watch nature? Understanding the intended use of your deck will help you determine the size, layout, and features that need to be included.
- Location and Orientation — Where will your deck be located? Keep in mind factors such as shade, which way the wind usually blows, and scenery to determine the best location and direction for your deck. Also, check with (or have your professional Belleville, IL deck builder check with) your local zoning regulations to ensure you adhere to their guidelines.
- Materials — What should your deck be built with? Different materials have different appearances, durability, and maintenance needs. Common options include wood, composite, vinyl, or aluminum. They all have their own pros and cons, so you need to understand the specifics of each, pay attention to what professional deck builders recommend, and decide on a material that meets your requirements and budget.
- Design and Style — What design and style are you looking for? Will it complement the rest of your property? There are numerous design options for decks, from straightforward to detailed, conventional to contemporary. Consider factors such as railing, lighting, color, and texture to create a cohesive and visually appealing yard.
- Budget — What are you willing to spend for a custom deck? The materials, size and design all impact the price. Deciding on a budget early on will help you prioritize your needs and wants and make the best decision for you and your home.
- Maintenance — How much work or money are you willing to put in to keep the deck in shape? Different materials and finishes require different levels of upkeep to prevent the need for expensive repairs and keep them looking great. Be sure to include the ongoing maintenance expenses when deciding on your deck's materials and finishes.
- Building Codes and Permits — Do you need a permit to build your deck? Most local Belleville, IL building codes mandate permits for new deck construction, and not acquiring one can lead to fines and legal problems. Furthermore, regulations identify minimum safety standards. It is necessary to adhere to all building codes to ensure both your safety and the legality of the project.
By taking into account the above factors and hiring an experienced Belleville, IL deck builder, you can create a breathtaking and functional property that turns your house into a dream home. Just tell us what you need and want, and we'll deliver a custom deck that both looks and functions great.
Deck Materials Used in Belleville, IL
Most materials are constructed to have the appearance of wood, but there are several different materials that can be used to create the deck you have in mind. Most Belleville, IL deck builders will work with any of the following:
- Wood decks never seem to go out of style. They are relatively inexpensive, charming, and versatile. Wood decks can be stained or painted to go with your home, and they can be customized to fit any size or shape. However, maintenance requires more effort than other building materials.
- Composite decks are made from a combination of wood fibers and plastic. They are stand up to the elements, don't require tons of maintenance, and withstand rot and insects and animals. Composite decks are a a popular choice among homeowners who want the look of wood without the maintenance. They come in a wide range of colors and finishes, but, that will be the deck's color forever.
- PVC decks, also called vinyl decks, are made with just plastic, making them a waterproof and low-maintenance option for homeowners. They withstand rot, mold, and mildew and also come in a variety of colors. PVC decks are also slip-resistant, making them a safe option for families with children or pets.
- Aluminum decks are a modern and sleek option for homeowners who want a durable and low-maintenance deck. They prevent rust, corrosion, and fading. Aluminum decks are also fire-resistant, making them a safe choice if you have a nearby fireplace or fire pit.
Deck Layouts in Belleville, IL
Once you know which material you'd like to work with, it's time to focus on finding a design that works best for you and your yard in Belleville, IL. Popular design styles include:
- A single-level deck is the design style you see most often. It is a flat, low-to-the-ground deck that provides a simple and practical outdoor living space. Single-level decks are a good fit when outdoor space is limited or for homeowners with smaller budgets.
- A multi-level deck is a more complex and versatile style that can have different spaces devoted to different activities. It can effortlessly connect the indoors with the outdoors and make use of a sloping yard. Multi-level decks can have distinct areas for eating, lounging, and entertaining, and can incorporate stairs, built-in seating, and planters.
- A wraparound deck goes all the way around a house or part of a house. It provides an all-encompassing transition from different areas of your home and can instill a feeling of continuity. Wraparound decks can be single or multi-level and can be constructed with different materials and colors to create visual interest.
- A freestanding deck is built independently from the walls of a house. It is a great option for homeowners who have uneven lawns or want increased seclusion. Freestanding decks can be used to accentuate a certain aspect of your yard, such as a pergola, and can be built with numerous different shapes and sizes.
- A rooftop deck is placed on top of your home or garage. It provides a secure and raised outdoor space and can offer extraordinary scenic views. Rooftop decks require prudent planning and engineering to ensure they are safe and stable and the construction should include drainage systems to prevent water from accumulating.
- A pool deck is built just by a swimming pool. It allows swimmers to walk safely without slipping, and it can also be used as an outdoor entertaining area. It's essential to pick a material that can withstand water and weather. Additionally, pool decks should have adequate drainage systems to prevent water from pooling up and damaging the surrounding deck or area.
The design of your deck depends on your tastes, budget, and the specific needs of your Belleville, IL home and yard. The right design can enhance your outdoor living space, increase your home's value, and make your neighbors jealous for years. As your professional Belleville, IL deck builders, we ask you to dream big and then design a custom deck made exclusively for your home.
FAQs From Your Belleville, IL Deck Builder
- How long does deck construction take in Belleville, IL?
The duration of the project depends on a few different things, including the size of the deck, how elaborate the design is, and exposure to weather. On average, a standard-sized deck can be built in two weeks or less.
- How much does it cost to build a deck in Belleville, IL?
The cost of building a deck can change significantly based on the size of the deck, the materials used, and the complexity of the design. Typically, the cost of a custom deck in Belleville, IL ranges from $15 to $30 per square foot. Bigger or more elaborate designs can cost double that.
- Do I need a permit to build a deck in Belleville, IL?
Yes, permits are mandatory to build a deck in Belleville, IL. A professional deck builder, like those at Poynter, will have experience with your municipality and can apply for and obtain the necessary permits on your behalf.
- What is the lifespan of a deck in Belleville, IL?
The lifespan of a deck depends on several factors, including the materials used and how well it is maintained. A wood deck typically has a lifespan of 10 to 30 years, while a composite or PVC deck can last up to 50 years or more.
- How do I maintain my deck in Belleville, IL?
Regular maintenance is important to keep your deck both appealing and functional. Inspect the deck and clear off any branches or leaves that fall on it consistently. Damaged boards should be replaced promptly, and it's wise to schedule a professional deck cleaning annually to reduce the growth of mold and other pollutants. Also stain and/or seal the deck.
In addition to deck building, other services we offer to Belleville, IL homeowners include:
- Gardening Maintenance
- Pergola Builders Near Me
- Landscape Lighting Near Me
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Pool Remodeling
- Patio Installation
- Landscaping Near Me
- Landscape Design Near Me
- Hardscaping Near Me
Call Poynter Today For Your Custom Deck in Belleville, IL
If you're a homeowner in Belleville, IL, adding a custom-built deck to your backyard is a great way to enhance your outdoor living space. Poynter Landscape, an award-winning team of professional Belleville, IL deck builders with more than 25 years of experience, can help you create a functional and aesthetically pleasing outdoor living space that meets your preferences and fits your budget. To have a home that's the envy of all your guests in Belleville, IL, call Poynter Landscape today at 636-256-2600 or tell us about your project online.